Any Builders Here?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Having decided on the design at long last, it is all systems go very soon, the only thing we are disagreeing on, and this is not to bad just yet, is the Roof. Sheet metal panels as the Norm or Tiles. Has anyone done a build lately, can any one give me some Cost differences and Technical help in deciding what to do. For me it is Tiles. I am no builder and She is local and has her own reasons for a Sheet Roof.Pitfalls, Cost any thoughts and Advice would be nice.The house will be 120sq mtr.Jack P. :)

post-2148-0-49156700-1334000936_thumb.jp

Jack, I,m curious, What is the ball park price to build a house like that ?

Around 3.8 mil I am lucky that I have Family to build this, the Architect is a Cousin of my Wife the Civil engineer is my Brother-in- Law so with their contacts I will spend a lot less on Materials. we are looking at 1.5 to 2 mil finished Job depends on what we do about the roof finish. Keeping things in-house can pay dividends sometimes. normally they quote 25000 per sq mtr to build. the Exterior wall is going to be about 25000 p so all in all at 500 meters Lot your Ball park figure would be around 4 mil. maybe a little expensive but it is what she wanted and I just love it.

Jack P, :tiphat:

It is a beautiful home Jack and I,m sure you and your lovely wife will have many happy years living in it

:) Thank you for this thought, it has been a long time coming and I certainly hope to begin to enjoy from the 30th of June, when I touch down in Dumaguete

Thank you all for your support help and advice.

I may need a little help in July Folks if anyone will be free for a while, to help me get my 13a which, is next on the List. Odd how we can let things slip our minds when excited, Azon has a full time job so I may need a Minder for the day or as long as it taskes. I dont know CEBU at all. Things happened so quickly Madrid could not help in the time frame and Barcelona consulate has closed down

Jack P. :tiphat:

Edited by Jack Peterson

Jake
Posted
Posted

Our honorable member Acienrocka (Paul) provides excellent services. His wife Elsa could also

assist you as well: Not at this address /

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Jake is right - Paul is an excellent source that I hear from many on here is the best!

I love your house but, and as you were also saying about your friend with the 10 mil house, I was worried that you may have buried yourself financially with a P3 mill house... I gotta learn to convert things like this before I do anything else! I think it might take me a while to get use to multi million peso items! :541: :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jake is right - Paul is an excellent source that I hear from many on here is the best!

I love your house but, and as you were also saying about your friend with the 10 mil house, I was worried that you may have buried yourself financially with a P3 mill house... I gotta learn to convert things like this before I do anything else! I think it might take me a while to get use to multi million peso items! :541: :tiphat:

:) I understand your thoughts on this Bob and I thank you for them This House was the main reason that I was working away back in Spain, 70/ 80 hours a week doing two Jobs to swell the bank Balance. Most of the Costs are covered now so. The Financial burden has been Greatly reduced. Unfortunately I paid the price for pushing my self to Hard. Not giving any thought to Health while I was away took it's toll but to see the smile on the Little families face's has been a welcoming Sight. Jake is right, maybe this can be a little eyeopener, to those who want to try the same, Work, Away, from Home and build before you come, Just please, those that need to do this, Just take care of your health while you are merrily working away to fulfill your Dreams If You are not careful you could end up like I did Not to well. and have to end it all suddenly. I was Lucky in that I achieved 85%+ of the cost required so not a lot left to pay which, we have in Reserve, that we will have to use until the Pensions kick in The Stroke hit me. at a bad time ( there is never a Good time of course) to all, 60+, is not the time to Work extra hard if you are not going to achieve things and get ill. MORAL! if you don't have the Funds now or the pensions or other means of Purchasing and living. a lot of Homework needs to be done and certainly, this Work away and send the cash home, needs to be thought about. I have been very Lucky in all this, I have a Wonderful Lady. Trustworthy and Hardworking Now of course I have to take things easy. Learn to enjoy what I worked for. so Bob, Thank you for the Worries but My wife assures me that things, will be all Ok at the End of the day, Seems all is now Paid for now, ( being an accountant she works miracles with money) A different story here from some we have on the Board just lately. In my Life I have Total Trust and this, gives me the peace of mind, we should all, Have. :)

as I said to Jake I will contact Paul nearer the time I need some help, Maybe August time I will leave Spain 28th June and arrive Saturday 30th to Start my Life properly One year early but hey! We got there. I hope others can have the same good fortune but without the episode, That cut me Short or was it a blessing in Disguise.

Regrads Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack P,

As we all stand before St Peter at the entrance of the Pearly Gates, all our materialistic possessions are stripped

away from us. We stand there completely naked but our hearts should be filled with treasures that only our Father

can see. They say that LOVE and FAMILY are the most strongest force in the universe. That LIGHT within you is

the only life's testimony that you will ever want or need.

Perhaps, I could sneak in a couple of San Magoo's while waiting in line......he, he.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Jack, you signed off while wondering if your stroke " cut me Short or was it a blessing in Disguise." I would suggest that it was a blessing - for the same reasons you gave in your post. Simply having more time with your family makes it so! And, should you had not had your stroke when you did, where would you be in 6 months? 9 months? Would you have made it to that year? Would you be the same man you are today who can still enjoy as well as give joy to your family?

Yes, I would definitely say Blessing!!!

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack P,

As we all stand before St Peter at the entrance of the Pearly Gates, all our materialistic possessions are stripped

away from us. We stand there completely naked but our hearts should be filled with treasures that only our Father

can see. They say that LOVE and FAMILY are the most strongest force in the universe. That LIGHT within you is

the only life's testimony that you will ever want or need.

Perhaps, I could sneak in a couple of San Magoo's while waiting in line......he, he.

Well Jake, it took along time for this to sink in, for Me, As a westerner, I grew up with I guess, what can be called, different values.Our Grand Parents always said, Look after the pennies and the Pounds will look after themselves. you are so right, We came with nothing and we go with nothing. Now, I have met a so different,. outlook on life. all the Money in all the world could never give me, the Love and affection that me awaits me on Touchdown on the 30th June.Time I think to start Living up to my Signature. I am alive and will start to live my life, there are more things in life than Money alone. although it helps, I am not going to let it rule me, I did my Bit " I came, I saw and I conquered " I will move on and maybe I can put the bad episode behind me and Just live the Simple life but enjoy it.

Thank You for the Thought.

I look forward to a beer or two on the Boulevarde when you have time.

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Having decided on the design at long last, it is all systems go very soon, the only thing we are disagreeing on, and this is not to bad just yet, is the Roof. Sheet metal panels as the Norm or Tiles. Has anyone done a build lately, can any one give me some Cost differences and Technical help in deciding what to do. For me it is Tiles. I am no builder and She is local and has her own reasons for a Sheet Roof.Pitfalls, Cost any thoughts and Advice would be nice.The house will be 120sq mtr.Jack P. :)

post-2148-0-49156700-1334000936_thumb.jp

Jack, I,m curious, What is the ball park price to build a house like that ?

Around 3.8 mil I am lucky that I have Family to build this, the Architect is a Cousin of my Wife the Civil engineer is my Brother-in- Law so with their contacts I will spend a lot less on Materials. we are looking at 1.5 to 2 mil finished Job depends on what we do about the roof finish. Keeping things in-house can pay dividends sometimes. normally they quote 25000 per sq mtr to build. the Exterior wall is going to be about 25000 p so all in all at 500 meters Lot your Ball park figure would be around 4 mil. maybe a little expensive but it is what she wanted and I just love it.

Jack P, :tiphat:

It is a beautiful home Jack and I,m sure you and your lovely wife will have many happy years living in it

:thumbsup: Thank you for this comment, To day it means a Lot to me, as I start to Pack and get ready for the Move. It will be strange, never ever having to getting up to clock on But I am sure I will come to terms with that. as we all have to.one day main thing is to Enjoy. Plenty of Gardening to do :)

jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Jack, you signed off while wondering if your stroke " cut me Short or was it a blessing in Disguise." I would suggest that it was a blessing - for the same reasons you gave in your post. Simply having more time with your family makes it so! And, should you had not had your stroke when you did, where would you be in 6 months? 9 months? Would you have made it to that year? Would you be the same man you are today who can still enjoy as well as give joy to your family?

Yes, I would definitely say Blessing!!!

Thank you Bob :)

• Like 1