Latest Trip To S&r

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Jode ....... Ayala grocery has Vlasic dill pickles in both sliced and whole .... sliced can be iffy as the run out pretty fast ...... we usually get 3-4 jars when they have them ..... they have the small jar as well as the gallon jar (whole pickles only in gallon size) .... S&R has the relish but I know you don't go there

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted

Jode ....... Ayala grocery has Vlasic dill pickles in both sliced and whole .... sliced can be iffy as the run out pretty fast ...... we usually get 3-4 jars when they have them ..... they have the small jar as well as the gallon jar (whole pickles only in gallon size) .... S&R has the relish but I know you don't go there

Thanks for the tip Mike . I haven't used the grocrey at Ayala before, but i will now. A gallon of pickles and a good brand, that should satisfy my pickle hunger. I like the relish also as long as its dill and not the sweet kind. Imported from US I am sure they are very expensive but worth the investment.

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Thanks for the tip Mike . I haven't used the grocrey at Ayala before, but i will now. A gallon of pickles and a good brand, that should satisfy my pickle hunger. I like the relish also as long as its dill and not the sweet kind. Imported from US I am sure they are very expensive but worth the investment.

For those who live in the Metro manila area, the stores that I have found to have a good selection of

US imported goods, are..(drum roll please)

:7522:

Landmark, ayala and trinoma

Cherry food a rama

Cash & Carry (south superhiway near makati)

Unimart( greenhiils please NOTE they DO NOT accept International credit cards)

Pioneer Center(supermarket) .pasig near shaw blvd.1 block south

on occasions Shopwise ,

has items that may suit your requirements

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
country member
Posted
Posted (edited)

Beef for steak eaters here is a sad option

S&R beef tenderloin from NZ occasionally acceptable, from Oz not good

Beef generally only good for stewing or slow roast

Can try USDA frozen stuff from S&R and Rustan's

Or try Oz special beef (including waygu) from Melbourne Prime http://www.facebook....bournePrimeBeef

Philippines pork is the best you find anywhere in the world

Chicken and ocean fish often excellent, depends on where you get it

Edited by country member

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Beef for steak eaters here is a sad option

S&R beef tenderloin from NZ occasionally acceptable, from Oz not good

Beef generally only good for stewing or slow roast

Can try USDA frozen stuff from S&R and Rustan's

Or try Oz special beef (including waygu) from Melbourne Prime http://www.facebook....bournePrimeBeef

Philippines pork is the best you find anywhere in the world

Chicken and ocean fish often excellent, depends on where you get it

Just out of curiosity - where are you located at?

• 1 month later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted (edited)

O.K. I told Paul & Elsa I had reservations about posting but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PROFIT ! Understand ? ! ? I have invested in LOCAL P.I. farms, cleaning service's....meats & education on how to harvest and prepare clean, safe, sustainable foods & services.

Info IS coming. Once cleared with the board here.

Yes, The farms can have ever thing ready for you & deliver...... IF you desire convenience or pick up your self; SAVING several PESO's. We are " Kapu-e. Kii Eye yoo @ present. ( Sorry...Too tired to wake folks up to post in native tongue )

I reserve the right NOT to sell to anyone who takes from the P.I. populace without giving back.

Your peso's means nothing to us with-out passing it on.

All NON profit. I get not a peso.

Word !

Later

Edited by Higg-num

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

O.K. I told Paul & Elsa I had reservations about posting but I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PROFIT ! Understand ? ! ? I have invested in LOCAL P.I. farms, cleaning service's....meats & education on how to harvest and prepare clean, safe, sustainable foods & services.

Info IS coming. Once cleared with the board here.

Yes, The farms can have ever thing ready for you & deliver...... IF you desire convenience or pick up your self; SAVING several PESO's. We are " Kapu-e. Kii Eye yoo @ present. ( Sorry...Too tired to wake folks up to post in native tongue )

I reserve the right NOT to sell to anyone who takes from the P.I. populace without giving back.

Your peso's means nothing to us with-out passing it on.

All NON profit. I get not a peso.

Word !

Later

Are we on the same planet here? The topic as far as I can see is Latest trip to S & R. Whats this got to do with non profit or Paul and Elsa? Maybe its my bed time :89:

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

starting 26th-30th sept is their BIG SALE at all S&R outlets. remember the lines will be looooonngg(long)

according to the S&R website, DAVAO will soon have a store. :cheers:

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have been to SR a few times and apart form the hard to find items which are few I find that on the whole shopping can be done cheaper elsewhere. You have SM wharehouse just around the corner in Mandaue which as you don`t have to pay for membership in my opinion is a much better store.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I have been to SR a few times and apart form the hard to find items which are few I find that on the whole shopping can be done cheaper elsewhere. You have SM wharehouse just around the corner in Mandaue which as you don`t have to pay for membership in my opinion is a much better store.

I agree that shopping elsewhere on MOST ITEMS can be found cheaper,

last sat I went.actually made an inspection of the S&R in alabang,

PRICES not much of a saving, maybe 1-5 pesos on some items

had BIG SAVINGS on household Appliances compared to other stores if I needed new I would 100% renew my membership and buy. .

about FRESH MILK that was posted on previous topic, Yes they had at lease 3 different brands

cant recall the exact price 249p-349? for half gallon(2 liter)

point I guess i wish to make. some will just LOVE S&R others its a personal choice

will I renew ,my membership. NO as 1. I live to far away from it to make it practical :thumbsup:

2, I dont have the money to shop there on a regular basis as i can find most I need at the local stores

(not at SM or Robinson) but the smaller ones,

I

• Like 1