A Little Something To While Away The Hours

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Currently I'm working full time, but dreaming of the day when I'm in the Phils and my time is my own ! I imagine a lot of it will get soaked up with the activities of daily living but I'd like to think there might be time to work on some enjoyable little project or activity.

I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar, so maybe I'll do that. For years now I've dreamed of building a wooden boat. It wouldn't matter if it was never launched,

the fun would be in the building of it.

I wondered what other members had found ( projects, businesses, hobbies and pastimes) to occupy their time in the Philippines ?

I warn you though, if you come up with a really good idea, I'm going to steal it.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Currently I'm working full time, but dreaming of the day when I'm in the Phils and my time is my own ! I imagine a lot of it will get soaked up with the activities of daily living but I'd like to think there might be time to work on some enjoyable little project or activity.

I've always wanted to learn to play the guitar, so maybe I'll do that. For years now I've dreamed of building a wooden boat. It wouldn't matter if it was never launched,

the fun would be in the building of it.

I wondered what other members had found ( projects, businesses, hobbies and pastimes) to occupy their time in the Philippines ?

I warn you though, if you come up with a really good idea, I'm going to steal it.

:mocking: Hi Classic if you have read the posts on jeepneys, you could always give the Mono rail a thought! rid the streets of them ha ha ! if ever :hystery: Plenty of debris about for the Build even usingsome of the old Jeepney's.Sorry couldn't resist this, Welcome to the throng, excuse my Sunday Morning humour. thats me all over.

post-2148-0-82195100-1336890781_thumb.jp

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I agree with Mike about getting into shape and I will be doing just that - once I am there! I really am desperate for some cardio but have held off for too long due to the heart worries. And I need to get into a smaller waist size again!

Next thing I want to do is write a book. Not just the usual travel "how to move to" travel book that most expats in the Philippines write (though I may write one too) but a good fiction novel or two. Maybe even follow-up with a screenplay - just for the fun of it and not because I think it's going to go anywhere.

And third - start playing bass guitar again and maybe even keyboards once more too!

But my main hobby will be spending time with my "Special Someone"... and, yes, I will call it a hobby because it will be something I enjoy doing!

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Hey Jack Peterson. Love the photo (Isn't that you third from the right ?) I think your suggestion is a tad ambitious for me. I was thinking of something maybe just a little bit less challenging

than that, but a little bit more challenging than macrame.

• Like 1

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Hey Bob. Oh yeah, I forgot about that bit. I guess I'll have to invest some time looking for my "Special Someone" Damn ! and here's me thinking I could start

enjoying myself on some project straight away. There always seems to be something that interferes with my plans !!!

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
But my main hobby will be spending time with my "Special Someone"... and, yes, I will call it a hobby because it will be something I enjoy doing!

But, But I'm busy and don't like being called a hobby :attention:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I find it easy to get bored here even though I have plenty of things to do, lots of projects, hobbies like guitar, art etc. often find as the weather can get hot you lose a lot of energy at the hottest part of day and you don't have much drive to start learning guiter etc//

• Like 2

Classic Dry
Posted
Posted

Yes, Adventurer, I worry about that. The heat and humidity can be oppressive, and sap the will to do anything which is not truly necessary.

I guess it's time to hit the mall or the cinema or an air-con restaurant then, but you probably can't do those things every day.

The idea of being splayed out in my shorts drinking beer hour after hour is not the kind of life I envisage, but I can see how easy it might be

to do just that.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

But, But I'm busy and don't like being called a hobby :attention:

Better talk to your better half then.... :mocking: