Going To Usa To Get Married

Jake
Posted
Posted

If Blackmail attempts have been going on for a long time in Rowena's family she should have told you before you found out the hard way. Probably she was afraid of loosing you so she just wanted to run away before the sh@t hit the fan. A Filipino can't run away to another country if they don't have a NSO Birth Certificate or Passport. Rowena should have known this and told you the truth about her family so both of you could have been better prepared and have a plan of action. If you knew what was coming you could have moved far away and changed your cell numbers before the Blackmail attempts started. You can still do it now, but look how much problems it caused you. Therefore I would place some of the blame on Rowena for not being completely honest with you, but everyone makes mistakes so don't be too hard on her. Maybe she is sorry that she didn't tell you about her Blackmailing family when you first met.

No Jake, that's not what I meant by being too hard on her, hehe.

Hello guys,

I think I know Americano well enough that his above post does not have one ounce of animosity towards Rowena.

I think many of his views have some merit. This is an open forum where every member has an opportunity to

express their feelings and advice. Being an open forum can generated many heated discussions. Speculations

and advice from boots on the ground experience are commented from many members who has been there and

done that -- they all have their own merits to some degree.

Unfortunately, sometimes the truth really hurts.

This is my 3rd year as a member of this wonderful forum. And I would like to think that we have some of the most

intelligent, mature and reasonable members as compared to the other forums. I really empathize with TexasRanger

and we appreciate his openness to reveal his most private family problems.

One thing I forgot to mention about my fellow members. We all have the sensitivity to back off and apologize when

ever necessary. Our thoughts and prayers are with you TexasRanger.

Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 4

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Therefore I would place some of the blame on Rowena for not being completely honest with you, but everyone makes mistakes so don't be too hard on her.

Well. I guess she knew it,

BUT understandable she didn't say anything earlier, wanting to show she isn't same crap as (big parts of) her family,

perhaps even she had told them to don't do anything, hoping they wouldn't.

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted
What do you mean with the last sentence?

Under Executive Order No. 209

Signed by Corozon Aquino on July 6, 1987.

Title 9

Parental Authority

Chapter 5

Suspension or Termination of Parental Authority

The entire text can be read at

http://www.chanrobles.com/executiveorderno209.htm#.UNXmyWdZjF_

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
What do you mean with the last sentence?

Under Executive Order No. 209

Signed by Corozon Aquino on July 6, 1987.

Title 9

Parental Authority

Chapter 5

Suspension or Termination of Parental Authority

The entire text can be read at

http://www.chanroble...tm#.UNXmyWdZjF_

Oh now I understand what you mean, I believe.

But I believe I found an useful part concerning lazy sibblings :santa_smiley:

/Title VIII. (5) Legitimate brothers and sisters, whether of full or half-blood (291a)

Art. 196. Brothers and sisters not legitimately related, whether of the full or half-blood, are likewise bound to support each other to the full extent set forth in Article 194, except only when the need for support of the brother or sister, being of age, is due to a cause imputable to the claimant's fault or negligence. (291a)

And this is interesting, no need of premarriage contract for that part

/Title IV, Chapter 4. Section 2. Exclusive Property of Each Spouse

Art. 109. The following shall be the exclusive property of each spouse:

(1) That which is brought to the marriage as his or her own;

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

It looks like you are correct about not being required to support lazy siblings who refuse to work. I wonder if there have been any cases in court.

And, the part about property is correct too, except it includes everything except for land, which a foreigner can't own. I heard of cases where a house owned by a foreigner and Filipina was sold and the court awarded half of the money received for the house to the foreigner. And, one case the court awarded all the money to the foreigner because the house was purchased with money he brought into the marriage.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

The hard part is proving what someone brought into the marriage.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Thomas,

It looks like you are correct about not being required to support lazy siblings who refuse to work. I wonder if there have been any cases in court.

And, the part about property is correct too, except it includes everything except for land, which a foreigner can't own. I heard of cases where a house owned by a foreigner and Filipina was sold and the court awarded half of the money received for the house to the foreigner. And, one case the court awarded all the money to the foreigner because the house was purchased with money he brought into the marriage.

Good examples.

Some I hadn't strength to check (English isn't my main language, so some tireding to read law texts,trying to understand exact meanings - and if there are any loopholes :)

1. Do return from things earned before marriage, belong to each person or to the "Family pot"?

If that part is personal, can the problem be solved in many cases.

2. If all (try to) work - can the law force the foreigner to split his salary so all get same low average?

Even if I would manage to earn much, it would be low in average, if they are many :'( which many families are... :)

The hard part is proving what someone brought into the marriage.

Not so hard, I suppose. Make an "inventory" before marriage, confirmed by both partners and registrate it somewhere or such.

I suppose personal money transfers from our home countries to the Philippines can be some proof too, if they suit in time close before marriage.

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

If Blackmail attempts have been going on for a long time in Rowena's family she should have told you before you found out the hard way. Probably she was afraid of loosing you so she just wanted to run away before the sh@t hit the fan. A Filipino can't run away to another country if they don't have a NSO Birth Certificate or Passport. Rowena should have known this and told you the truth about her family so both of you could have been better prepared and have a plan of action. If you knew what was coming you could have moved far away and changed your cell numbers before the Blackmail attempts started. You can still do it now, but look how much problems it caused you. Therefore I would place some of the blame on Rowena for not being completely honest with you, but everyone makes mistakes so don't be too hard on her. Maybe she is sorry that she didn't tell you about her Blackmailing family when you first met.

No Jake, that's not what I meant by being too hard on her, hehe.

I understand your reasoning for making this statement. I don't believe that you posted this in an attempt to be rude or nasty towards Rowena or myself. I agree that Rowena was wrong in not telling me about what her family was or may have been capable of doing. As far as being hard on her for this. That requires a lot of understanding about the situation and about the philippine people. She did not lie to me she just did not tell me about them. Rowena has told me her reasons for not telling me about her famiy when we first met. I fully understand her reasoning for not telling me. I do not hold that against her. I'm not going to go into full detail as to why she did not say anything to me what I can say tho is that my family here and I do believe her reasons.

• Like 2

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Looks like we are getting a bit off topic here. I do appologize for straying from the topic from marriage to divorce.

Which I find strange that the topic of divorce would be discussed in a country that does not allow divorce.

However I will try and get back onto the topic of Going to USA to get married.

Thanks

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

In September after finally getting all the required documents for Rowena we were at the point of filing for the K-1 fiancee visa.

That is when we found out that there had been a recient clarificaion of the rules. It has been pointed out to me that this in NOT a change just a clarification. It seems that just having an address in the USA is no longer good enough. Now a Sponsor must have a Domicile address with the expectation of living there for the foreseeable future.

Obviously this and the economic and political situations in America have complicated things a bit. I have maintained a mailbox address not a domicile address in America.

Our plan was, since I am retired, to go to the USA and live in the RV and travel around the US while maintaining a mailbox address in Texas. We still have that plan however it will take us a bit longer to get there now.

I have been looking into several alternative ways to get there. One is to marry here or another country and then move to south america then apply for her spouse visa from there.

Anyone know about doing this? I would appriciate any answers.

Thanks

• Like 2