Going To Usa To Get Married

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have your GF and someone from her family contact/visit the local Congressman, explain the situation,show all the steps, that you have done, the travel. phone calls show or make available the "paper trail" of what you/she have done,

just curious has this been tried/attempted?

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I personally stay away from all the public officials I can .... all I can see out of this is a hand being stuck out both now and on all future occasions ..... if they don't know you are here they can't ask ..... now if you have a relative with connections that might be a different matter ..... also they know we can't vote so why would they help us other wise .....

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Update: June 18 2012.

On our way to Tacloban City to try once again to get her birth certificate situation straightened out.

Hope this morning is not an indication of things to come.

NO water pressure for showers.

Adobe Flash player automatically updated. Not able to view itinerary. Good thing we already got a copy of it.

Neighbors started burning garbage next to house at 5:00 am filled house with smoke and woke us all up coughing and choking.

Good thing we are moving out as soon as I come back from Singapore.

• Like 2

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

The old saying, "Time is Money" is very true here in the Philippines, maybe even more so here in the Philippines. As I have said before and I will say it again, as it makes so many people happy to hear me say it.

It is much easier, less expensive and quicker to get results, to have your lawyer do it all for you.

They usually have the contacts in the office that is required.

Yes you pay more up front, but in the long run, you save money, not to mention, not having to pay the medical bills, after you have a heart attach, from standing in lines, and heat stroke, or losing your tempter with someone who has a job for life doing nothing.

Sorry, if that sounds negative, and I don't mean it to be a knock on the Philippines, it is just how it is.

Now all you have to do, is find a lawyer you can trust and who will not rip you off!!!!

But then, that is what forums like this are for!

Share the knowledge and your contacts so that others don't have to pay the medical bills!!!

Just my penny's worth.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
.. now if you have a relative with connections that might be a different matter ..... also they know we can't vote so why would they help us other wise .

your right Mike S, "they know we cant vote" , what i tried to suggest is that the NATIVE(local) goes to the elected persons office(not the $$$ white)keep the "white "out of the picture

and yes if "relative" w/connections that surely can help too.

My LAST thought(suggestion) is to contact the DEAR PAO(PERSIDA ACOSTA) in the manilatimes.net this persons articles have been helpful to many ppl. even to me, At least give it a chance,

Bubba has spoken on this and know will retire back to the river, still looking for the kingdom

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

I don't understand why anyone would go thru this mess, you can get married in the Phil and on your way ,i know a lady in Texas she was married here in the Phil and on her way to the USA on his 21 day visa with him.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

There are a number of reasons why someone would marry outside the Philippines ...... not to say someone is planning a head but as you know there is no divorce in the Phils ....... just saying ..... :mocking:

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Update: June 19 2012

Have now travelled to Tacloban City via Cubu Pacific Air. ( I should buy stock in that company, If I don't own some already, with the amount of times I have been flying from one Island to another to fix this mess ).

Went to N.S.O. to pick up Feedback report conscerning Supplemental Report filed as per CRO Tacloban.

Took about 20 minutes.

Feedback stated reason the N.S.O. in Quezon City could not add her first name to her N.S.O. Birth Certificate is the fact that the N.S.O. copy of her Birth Certificate is Blurry and unreadable. Same as what we said in the beginning.

Took Feedback copy to CRO Tacloban.

We were there about 30 minutes.

Recieved Machine copy of LiVE BIRTH CERTIFICATE and certified to be true statement from CRO to accompany Supplemental Report to add her first name to N.S.O. Birth Certificate.

Went back to N.S.O. today to submit documents recieved from CRO. Was originally told that they would authenticate and we could send to N.S.O. Quezon City. NOPE.

Seems they have to send the documents themselves.

Asked for copies to take to DFA Tacloban to get Passport.

Recieved Copies.

Went to DFA Tacloban. All Documents accepted.

Have to get NBI Clearance here tho. At NBI now.

Will update more later today.

• Like 3

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

The old saying, "Time is Money" is very true here in the Philippines, maybe even more so here in the Philippines. As I have said before and I will say it again, as it makes so many people happy to hear me say it.

It is much easier, less expensive and quicker to get results, to have your lawyer do it all for you.

They usually have the contacts in the office that is required.

Yes you pay more up front, but in the long run, you save money, not to mention, not having to pay the medical bills, after you have a heart attach, from standing in lines, and heat stroke, or losing your tempter with someone who has a job for life doing nothing.

Sorry, if that sounds negative, and I don't mean it to be a knock on the Philippines, it is just how it is.

Now all you have to do, is find a lawyer you can trust and who will not rip you off!!!!

But then, that is what forums like this are for!

Share the knowledge and your contacts so that others don't have to pay the medical bills!!!

Just my penny's worth.

Papa Carl

I do not wish to sound anti philippines in any way. I love this country and the people as well as the government.

( said primarily for the censors ). ha ha ha

Now with that said. I fully agree with you. Hard part is finding an honest attorney. Have hired 4 so far. However I don't need to hire only an attorney for this. I have met many foreigners who have been more than willing ( at a cost of course ) to assist us via their friend or wife, girlfriend, or companions family members, to get the documents we require.

I am sure that in time we will recieve the proper paperwork for all that we are attempting to do. Yes It will take a long time.

If it has to take a long time and perhaps more money to complete our task here then I would rather do that then to pay a large amount up front only to find out later that the documents we recieved may or may not be legal.

I am greatful for this forum. I appriciate everyone and anyone that comments however that does not mean that I have to take their advice nor take their comments seriously. I answer the ones I think make some kind of sense and ignore those that don't. This is not about your comment Papa. I appriciate what you have stated here. Thanks.

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

and just think of the issue that Texas Rangers Fan has had with his "issue"

below is another ones "issue" but not with the name blurred BUT with incorrect CITIZENSHIP.

oh boy , I bet Stefan is one happy camper. :hystery: :hystery:

I am a Belgian citizen. I got married to a Filipina in 2007. We are trying to obtain a visa for her so that she can live with me in Belgium.

However, it was denied on the ground that our marriage certificate states that she is a Belgian citizen when she is in fact a Filipina. How can I correct this error?

Stefan

Dear Stefan,

You can correct this error by filing a verified Petition for Correction of Entry under Rule 108 of the Revised Rules of Court. This is so because error in citizenship is a substantial error, not a clerical or typographical error within the context of Republic Act (R.A.) No. 9048 as distinguished from Rule 108 of the Revised Rules of Court.

http://www.manilatimes.net/index.php/dear-pao/25150-file-verified-petition-for-correction-of-entry-in-court

• Like 2