Going To Usa To Get Married

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it would be worth it to send a letter to somebody high up in government first? I really don't know who but, yeah, this is getting to be a bad nightmare getting worse for you! Hope something works out for you asap!

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I wonder if it would be worth it to send a letter to somebody high up in government first? I really don't know who but, yeah, this is getting to be a bad nightmare getting worse for you! Hope something works out for you asap!

:)

:unsure: TRF, my Neighbour is an NSO Official, in Dumaguete, would you like me to have word with him? or at least my wife will, he was a Sponsor at out WEDDING so I know him quite well. I am sure he can at least tell us what, if anything, can be done about this for you. if you prefer to do it By PM then it's Ok With me. If I can be of help, just say so, we are all here to help when and where we can. Can't promise anything BUT Nothing Ventured here, Nothing Gained and it would be free advice from someone that knows what to do. :) This is the Beauty of integration

REgards Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 3

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

:)

:unsure: TRF, my Neighbour is an NSO Official, in Dumaguete, would you like me to have word with him? or at least my wife will, he was a Sponsor at out WEDDING so I know him quite well. I am sure he can at least tell us what, if anything, can be done about this for you. if you prefer to do it By PM then it's Ok With me. If I can be of help, just say so, we are all here to help when and where we can. Can't promise anything BUT Nothing Ventured here, Nothing Gained and it would be free advice from someone that knows what to do. :) This is the Beauty of integration

REgards Jack P. :tiphat:

We are supposed to call the Tacloban N.S.O. office and find out from them what to do. We tried calling Friday but no answer. We will call Monday and see what they say. After that I will pm you. Thanks

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

UPDATE: 5 June 2012

Finally got N.S.O. Tacloban on the phone yesterday. Took about 2 hours to get thru. This is what we were told.

The N.S.O. office in Quazon City attempted to add her first name to her Birth Certificate however, the birth certificate at N.S.O. is unreadable. duh!!!

That is why we submitted the supplemental report.

They said that we submitted a supplemental report to add her first name only.

Since the document is unreadable they can not do so.

This is what they said we are to do.

1. Go to Tacloban City N.S.O. office get copy of feedback report stating that the birth certificate at N.S.O. is unreadable.

2. Take Feedback report to Tacloban City Civil Registrar Office and get another copy of birth certificate and another supplemental report stating the N.S.O. copy is unreadable.

Takes up to 10 days.

3. Take Certified Copies from CRO to N.S.O. in Tacloban. File supplemental report there again. This time for unreadable N.S.O. birth certificate. Same papers same people same supplemental report. Get certified copy from N.S.O. of all documents. Send Documents to N.S.O. Quazon City via LBC. Process will take up to 2 months.

4. Take all documents to the Tacloban DFA for passport.

Process will take at least 20 business days. or 1 month.

5. Sceam, Shout, Stomp my feet, Yell, Cry.

There has got to be an easier, and less expensive, way then to fly back over there and go thru all this again. Time spent so far, 6 months. She even had to quit her job here so we could get all the documents.

Thanks.

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

UPDATE: 5 June 2012

Finally got N.S.O. Tacloban on the phone yesterday. Took about 2 hours to get thru. This is what we were told.

The N.S.O. office in Quazon City attempted to add her first name to her Birth Certificate however, the birth certificate at N.S.O. is unreadable. duh!!!

They said that we submitted a supplemental report to add her first name only.

Since the document is unreadable they can not do so.

This is what they said we are to do.

1. Go to Tacloban City N.S.O. office get copy of feedback report stating that the birth certificate at N.S.O. is unreadable.

2. Take Feedback report to Tacloban City Civil Registrar Office and get another copy of birth certificate and another supplemental report stating the N.S.O. copy is unreadable.

Takes up to 10 days.

3. Take Certified Copies from CRO to N.S.O. in Tacloban. File supplemental report there again. This time for unreadable N.S.O. birth certificate. Same papers same people same supplemental report. Get certified copy from N.S.O. of all documents. Send Documents to N.S.O. Quazon City via LBC. Process will take up to 2 months.

4. Take all documents to the Tacloban DFA for passport.

Process will take at least 20 business days. or 1 month.

5. Sceam, Shout, Stomp my feet, Yell, Cry.

There has got to be an easier, and less expensive, way then to fly back over there and go thru all this again. Time spent so far, 6 months. She even had to quit her job here so we could get all the documents.

Thanks.

Welcome to The Philippines where the average task that should take mere hours or a couple of days at the most back home take many days, weeks or months to accomplish.

PS: Banging your head against the wall is tempting but will only slow them down more as they try to make sense of the frustrated crazy foreigner. :bash:

• Like 1

jode
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have seen and been told of so many examples that I am convinced that in Philippines they mess up the birth certificates on purpose. Such incompetance cannot be natural but must have a purpose. I believe they do that so that they can collect additional fees in the future when a person needs to have it right.

My gf's name was supposed to be noreen but it came back norel on her BC. However, it was one on them, because her family just went with it, and she is Norel to this day. The most obviously a girl (with huge ta ta's) that i have ever seen in Philippines, had a birth certificate that listed her as a male.

Illegible, wrong names , wrong dates, every kinda mistake you can imagine, is more the rule than the exception in Philippines on birth certificates. I think it is done so that a corrupt beuracracy can increase their revenue, as you end up paying them extra when they make a mistake.

Edited by jode
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
THE FRICKEN BIRTH CERTIFICATE IS THE SAME. NO name still looks like someone tossed there lunch on yellow paper and handed it to us. So we asked what we should do. Guess what they said? After going to the N.S.O. office almost every week for the past 10 weeks to get a copy of this thing only to find out that each time, its the same. They said to COME BACK NEXT WEEK AND TRY AGAIN !!!!. So we called Quazon City where the supplemental Report was sent to fix the errors. Guess what they said? Now remember I said we filled out the forms to have her first name added and to get a clear copy due to copy error. They said they could not add her name to the birth certificate because the copy in the computer is unreadable !!!.

remember the workers/people can do a job BUT they cant or dont have the ability to do it right.

as a previous poster said they dont have the "analytical" thinking skills to think out a situation or to solve an problem unless it already ready wriiten out.

2. about, the local civil registrar = take your gf ,someone who can talk on YOUR BEHALF,perhaps an attorney(tho dont tell them hes an attorney) kindly .(remember the saving face routine) ask what they the BIG MAN/head officer of the office can do..

since this has gone on for SOOOOOO LONG, maybe .tho I TRUELY CONDONE. is the TIME TO OPEN UP your "gift $$$$$$$$$$ money" to get this CORRECTED AND CORRECTED the right way,

3 have you thought about a LATE birth REGISTRATION ? this could save the hassle.

4, althou its not been discussed at all in the topic, and its only to open your EYES

have you considered a PRE NUPTAIL? (aka pre nup)

why? sonia rios risken aka the BLACK WIDOW

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have your GF and someone from her family contact/visit the local Congressman,

explain the situation,show all the steps, that you have done, the travel. phone calls

show or make available the "paper trail" of what you/she have done,

or

# 2 as in the previous post visit the Head person in charge of the office

kindly explain, ask how he can help or what can he do in this situation?

when these people say come back in a week or check again in a month

It is usually 2 or 3x times what is said,

again dont lose your patience, think of it as a test of your TRUE love for her

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Update: June 13 2012

Had a third party contact N.S.O. Tacloban for us.

N.S.O. Tacloban has informed us that my girlfriend will have to pick up the feedback report from their office there and take it to the Tacloban City Civil Registrar Office.

The CRO has been informed of what we need by the N.S.O.

I find that interesting.

After taking the form to C.R.O. they will give her a document ( Machine Copy of Live Birth as well as another doc.) to be sent to the Quazon City N.S.O. via LBC.

Unknown amount of time to receive this document from N.R.O.

could be 1 day could be 10 days.

We are still trying to contact C.R.O. Tacloban. If anyone has a number for them it would be appreciated. Have been calling the 2 numbers we have for over a week with no response.

Looks like we may have to make the trip and rent a place for a month or two in order to figure this out.

• Like 1

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted

Update: June 16, 2012

We were finally able to contact the Tacloban City Civil Registrar ( from now on in this post I will call them CRO ).

The woman we spoke with said they are aware of the feedback report and when we get there we may make our request at that time. Still no positive idea on the time frame. However she did say we may get the information.

Decided to fly back to Tacloban this coming Monday.

We are using the Travel Fund from the cancelled portion of my Singapore trip.

We had 10,000 pesos in the fund due to the cancellations and it just happens to cost the same amount to fly to Tacloban from Cebu and back.

We will find out more after we get there. Planning to stay 5 days this time. Maybe more.

• Like 1