Retirement

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Just so you know. Both are good meals but not together

Ahhh, thankyou sir,

Being an Aussie, we think anything that goes by the name of "pudding" is something that you pour custard over.........not gravy :lol:

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Ahh, thank you sir,

Being an Aussie, we think anything that goes by the name of "pudding" is something that you pour custard over.........not gravy :lol:

Ah you like this type of pudding then? You should have said so :lol:

Good fun here today,

Regards Jack P. :tiphat:

post-2148-0-42879400-1339411190_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Bundy
Posted
Posted

Ahh, thank you sir,

Good fun here today,

Yep! that's the go...............yummy! Now if i can only talk Sonjack into making it we'll be sweet :7_4_17[1]:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Speaking of Fish and Chips .... when I was in England back in the early 60's we had the most delicious fish and chips rolled up in newspaper ..... it was out of this world and along with a pint of dark beer it was something like we never had before ...... now I understand they can't use newspaper any more and someone told me the taste has totally changed and not for the better...... is that true??????? ......

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Speaking of Fish and Chips .... when I was in England back in the early 60's we had the most delicious fish and chips rolled up in newspaper ..... it was out of this world and along with a pint of dark beer it was something like we never had before ...... now I understand they can't use newspaper any more and someone told me the taste has totally changed and not for the better...... is that true??????? ......

:) Certainly is true, The print from the newspaper added that ummph! Today the namby, Pamby, Health And safety regime, have spoiled the Beauty of a once GREAT, BRITISH. tradition. Criskey even a Pork pie has had the Jelly removed. the World has gone berserk on this Kick . Any Brits remember playing Conkers in the School Playground? Gone ! A favorite break time contest Ruined bye Brussels. what next, No dark beer, in case the Politically correct Brigade, think a Pint of Guinness is Racial. Rubbish, it is Black and white in Unison. :)

Jack P. :tiphat:

post-2148-0-99543600-1339505721_thumb.jp

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

My sister-in-law makes great yorkshire pudding! But she is Canadian.... we like her anyway! :tiphat:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Ahh, thank you sir,

Good fun here today,

Yep! that's the go...............yummy! Now if i can only talk Sonjack into making it we'll be sweet :7_4_17[1]:

I can make it Bundy but not too often as I like to eat healthy as my body is a temple
  • Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

:) Certainly is true, The print from the newspaper added that ummph! Today the namby, Pamby, Health And safety regime, have spoiled the Beauty of a once GREAT, BRITISH. tradition. Criskey even a Pork pie has had the Jelly removed. the World has gone berserk on this Kick . Any Brits remember playing Conkers in the School Playground? Gone ! A favorite break time contest Ruined bye Brussels. what next, No dark beer, in case the Politically correct Brigade, think a Pint of Guinness is Racial. Rubbish, it is Black and white in Unison. :)

Jack P. :tiphat:

I used to part own a fish n chip van in Bristol back in the late eighties. But the senior partner frittered all the profit away so it closed down. TRUE STORY
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Best Fish and Chips ever? 1980 Portsmouth, England - can't remember the name or street but it was the third fish and chip shop from the main gate of the Naval base. Served in newsprint but no ink...

• Like 2

bows00
Posted
Posted

Now what does all this talk about food have to do with RETIREMENT!!?? This thread is getting out of hand!!