Retirement

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Now what does all this talk about food have to do with RETIREMENT!!?? This thread is getting out of hand!!

:unsure: Natural progression Bows, it all started with how, I was feeling, about Retireing early, what I would miss and an abrupt departure from Europe. when you eventual retire and have to leave a favorite thing behind, maybe never to be seen or used by you again, perhaps we will see Posts and posts about it. believe me, this topic and the lively banter has heleped me come to terms with Retirement. To read others reports on their Retirement, has been good, it made me for One, realise that I will never be the only one to have this happen, it is what a good forum is all about. help in settling to a new life and letting go of the Old one. By realising their are others that can share a part of your life, we stand a chance of coming to terms with this new and strange environment, every day. Retirement is forever, by having this laughter and comical conversations, can we make new friends , get a feel for the other side of llife, For me I will miss a lot of the things written here, But will look foward to my remaining days , knowing that No man is an Island and this topic, has and will continue to help, when your time comes, I am sure you may understand a little better. for me it is refreshing

Sorry if you can't agree with this but others obviously do.

you will note I hope, with that not a crossed word here either.

better this, than some of the latest BS posts that lead to bad Vibes.

having said that how are things going with you? any nearer your decision?

Jack P. :tiphat:

• Like 5

Jake
Posted
Posted

Now what does all this talk about food have to do with RETIREMENT!!?? This thread is getting out of hand!!

:unsure: Natural progression Bows, it all started with how, I was feeling, about Retireing early, what I would miss and an abrupt departure from Europe. when you eventual retire and have to leave a favorite thing behind, maybe never to be seen or used by you again, perhaps we will see Posts and posts about it. believe me, this topic and the lively banter has heleped me come to terms with Retirement. To read others reports on their Retirement, has been good, it made me for One, realise that I will never be the only one to have this happen, it is what a good forum is all about. help in settling to a new life and letting go of the Old one. By realising their are others that can share a part of your life, we stand a chance of coming to terms with this new and strange environment, every day. Retirement is forever, by having this laughter and comical conversations, can we make new friends , get a feel for the other side of llife, For me I will miss a lot of the things written here, But will look foward to my remaining days , knowing that No man is an Island and this topic, has and will continue to help, when your time comes, I am sure you may understand a little better. for me it is refreshing

Retirement is forever, by having this laughter and comical conversations, can we make new friends,

get a feel for the other side of llife.

Well said Jack P and with no bad vibes. Well done my friend -- Jake

• Like 2

Bundy
Posted
Posted
Well said Jack P and with no bad vibes. Well done my friend -- Jake

Goes for me too matey, :thumbsup:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Huh? Can you say that again?

:mocking:

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Basically he is saying it is his original post and he is happy with the way it has progressed see you soon Jack
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Basically he is saying it is his original post and he isu happy with the way it has progressed see you soon Jack

Sorry all! I guess that didn't come across as I meant... Jack, remember when you first started talking about retirement and how worried you were about it? And then your post above and how well adjusted you are now and have come to grips with and accepted it! Well done Jack!

Sometimes I think everybody understands my short brain farts...

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Natural progression Bows, it all started with how, I was feeling, about Retiring early, what I would miss and an abrupt departure from Europe. when you eventual retire and have to leave a favorite thing behind, maybe never to be seen or used by you again, perhaps we will see Posts and posts about it. believe me, this topic and the lively banter has helped me come to terms with Retirement. To read others reports on their Retirement, has been good, it made me for One, realise that I will never be the only one to have this happen, it is what a good forum is all about. help in settling to a new life and letting go of the Old one. By realising their are others that can share a part of your life, we stand a chance of coming to terms with this new and strange environment, every day. Retirement is forever, by having this laughter and comical conversations, can we make new friends , get a feel for the other side of life, For me I will miss a lot of the things written here, But will look forward to my remaining days , knowing that No man is an Island and this topic, has and will continue to help, when your time comes, I am sure you may understand a little better. for me it is refreshing

Basically he is saying it is his original post and he is happy with the way it has progressed see you soon Jack

Sorry all! I guess that didn't come across as I meant... Jack, remember when you first started talking about retirement and how worried you were about it? And then your post above and how well adjusted you are now and have come to grips with and accepted it! Well done Jack!

Sometimes I think everybody understands my short brain farts...

Thank you Bob, It is certainly, a whole new Experience, I will be home in 12 days and then I think I can Totally relax. :thumbsup: well start to anyway

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Well! Just how long, is it supposed to take, to Pack One Suitcase? 9 days to go and still a Houseful of Rubbish, At least I sold the Desktop and Work station, TV and HI Fi, the Bike and many tools I just cant bring. I costed the Shipping, cost, £2700 + VAT ( 178.000+p ) :no: with No guarantee it will all get there. I got 800€ for the Lot so I cut my losses and said, I came with Nothing, I go with just the case and a few things, That's if I ever get it packed :dance: OH! Where is your Wife when you need her? :th_unfair:

• Like 1