Philippine Retirement Authority

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I did feel a little guilty about my responses and feel the 'forum' maybe needs a little more explanation.

My initial reaction to OP was I didn't think much of his attack/rant. Whilst I can understand OP was disappointed, he had no right to bring his anger without proof.

The fact the 'victim' was his 74yr old mom is irrelevant, it could happen to any 74yr old. I've also noted the original post has been edited since my reply, which may or may not have altered my views.

My instinct was the 'mom' was poorly advised. Why would anybody buy a home in a foreign country knowing they don't have residency rights (of course some do but they should understand the risks)? There's further stuff I could comment on but it has been edited. Again, it was all irrelevant.

I don't pretend to be an expert on PRA, I've had no reason to. That doesn't mean I don't read bits and pieces.

My understanding is Philippines is either willing or obligated to accept 'x' amount of new 'alien' residencies per year (it varies by country). There is absolutely no guarantee you will be granted for merely fulfilling the criteria. It's competitive, that's my understanding.

Note to OP, your anger is better aimed towards whom advised your mom. I also liked Garpo's post for a very good reason, rightly or wrongly.

I have no doubt there will be a positive outcome in all this for Mom but the fact she has to deal with this crap is terrible. I am sorry if I have offended anyone here but i don't like people picking on my Mom LOL

Do I have to respond?

I'll look at your initial LOL as meh. All that typing but you had nothing to say.

I don't know everything, I'm here asking questions on this forum, I'm certainly no "expert gallery living abroad". Direct your anger at me if it feels better, it's equally misplaced.

Why do people need fixers?, we all know the answer, like marmite, love it or hate it. The fact you refuse to go that route is a reflection on your ignorance. You're not at home ffs. If you want Texas, stay there! You love 95% Filipinos, get used to the fact 5% run things. You will enjoy it more :)

Forget the cart before the horse, nobody was steering the damn horse. Mistakes were made. Yes people buy condos, at a risk and more people lose than they gain, Mabuhay!. You carry on about INSANITY and STUPIDITY, how the Filipinos must be laughing. You're wrong, not them!

You're angry, nobody else is. Sometimes you have to accept things as they are. You're not at home, learn how to live abroad!

Apologies for all the bold text, I couldn't change it.

Touche. You are right Rooster man. I am an angry person but, I have fun at it. I do apologize for my snipes at you. Sometimes I just can't help myself. As for the paying off people to get things done. Yes it is a fact of life here and I leave it 100% to my wife for our issues.

Edited by phildiver
  • Like 1

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

I did feel a little guilty about my responses and feel the 'forum' maybe needs a little more explanation.

My initial reaction to OP was I didn't think much of his attack/rant. Whilst I can understand OP was disappointed, he had no right to bring his anger without proof.

The fact the 'victim' was his 74yr old mom is irrelevant, it could happen to any 74yr old. I've also noted the original post has been edited since my reply, which may or may not have altered my views.

My instinct was the 'mom' was poorly advised. Why would anybody buy a home in a foreign country knowing they don't have residency rights (of course some do but they should understand the risks)? There's further stuff I could comment on but it has been edited. Again, it was all irrelevant.

I don't pretend to be an expert on PRA, I've had no reason to. That doesn't mean I don't read bits and pieces.

My understanding is Philippines is either willing or obligated to accept 'x' amount of new 'alien' residencies per year (it varies by country). There is absolutely no guarantee you will be granted for merely fulfilling the criteria. It's competitive, that's my understanding.

Note to OP, your anger is better aimed towards whom advised your mom. I also liked Garpo's post for a very good reason, rightly or wrongly.

I have no doubt there will be a positive outcome in all this for Mom but the fact she has to deal with this crap is terrible. I am sorry if I have offended anyone here but i don't like people picking on my Mom LOL

Do I have to respond?

I'll look at your initial LOL as meh. All that typing but you had nothing to say.

I don't know everything, I'm here asking questions on this forum, I'm certainly no "expert gallery living abroad". Direct your anger at me if it feels better, it's equally misplaced.

Why do people need fixers?, we all know the answer, like marmite, love it or hate it. The fact you refuse to go that route is a reflection on your ignorance. You're not at home ffs. If you want Texas, stay there! You love 95% Filipinos, get used to the fact 5% run things. You will enjoy it more :)

Forget the cart before the horse, nobody was steering the damn horse. Mistakes were made. Yes people buy condos, at a risk and more people lose than they gain, Mabuhay!. You carry on about INSANITY and STUPIDITY, how the Filipinos must be laughing. You're wrong, not them!

You're angry, nobody else is. Sometimes you have to accept things as they are. You're not at home, learn how to live abroad!

Apologies for all the bold text, I couldn't change it.

Touche. You are right Rooster man. I am an angry person but, I have fun at it. I do apologize for my snipes at you. Sometimes I just can't help myself. As for the paying off people to get things done. Yes it is a fact of life here and I leave it 100% to my wife for our issues.

Seriously, I hope you mean this.

As said, I'm no expert on PRA, I'd like to think others whom could be more clued up could give some real advice on how to rectify things. Maybe you can go back or maybe you can re-apply, I have no idea,

If I end up in your province in the future, our anger might meet. Good luck chap :)

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Not to worry. I am a man of my word. when I apologize I mean it. I am not a fighter I am a lover LOL If the PRA doesn't reconsider I will find another solution.

Edited by phildiver

Garpo
Posted
Posted (edited)

Something that you might look at as an option is if your wife is a filpina and you trust her then have your mom transfer the condo to her and then buy it back from her at the proper time for 100 peso. Talk to a lawyer first but sounds like it just might work for you.

Maybe if you direct your anger into a solution then the answer might not be that difficult.

Edited by Garpo

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted

Something that you might look at as an option is if your wife is a filpina and you trust her then have your mom transfer the condo to her and then buy it back from her at the proper time for 100 peso. Talk to a lawyer first but sounds like it just might work for you.

Maybe if you direct your anger into a solution then the answer might not be that difficult.

The condo is now spent. If you know different please explain.

As I see things 'mom' has to go back to the drawing board. Hopefully she can finalise (although it seems unlikely now) her present application. If there's a chance she can reaply, maybe 'all' energies are better focussed here (inclusive of marmite tax). Just suggesting of course.

phildiver
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I think the back door will become the viable solution. I am sure all will work out in due time. Thanks again for your input

• Like 2

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

AHHHHH... ThePhilippines. We can just love it or Leave it. im staying, got no problem with the locals . see ya!! tanks ej. :angry:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I look at is as yet another comment from the expert gallery living abroad

I don't particularly like these types of comment in the concept it is written, it makes you appear as a know it all and that any one else's opinion is worthless. This is a forum which is open to all for discussion and ideas, right wrong or otherwise. If you were born in the Philippines you might be more of an expert but you weren't and at some stage lived elsewhere which would have put you into expert living abroad category.

So either refrain from degrading others or bugger off.

Now what is wrong with a 13a for your mother? She can still own a condo so where is the benefit of PRA?

• Like 4

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Now what is wrong with a 13a for your mother? She can still own a condo so where is the benefit of PRA?
Is the mother a spouse of a Filipino? That is the only way she will get a 13A. Sorry.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Is the mother a spouse of a Filipino? That is the only way she will get a 13A. Sorry.

Sorry what I meant is Phil has a 13a I believe so he can buy a condo or have it in his name for his mother, just worded it wrong in a hurry.