Philippine Retirement Authority

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Now what is wrong with a 13a for your mother? She can still own a condo so where is the benefit of PRA?
Is the mother a spouse of a Filipino? That is the only way she will get a 13A. Sorry.

Sorry what I meant is Phil has a 13a I believe so he can buy a condo or have it in his name for his mother, just worded it wrong in a hurry.

JOLLYGOODFELLOW, I have no clue what you are talking about. What does my having a 13A have anything to do with my Mother having residency here. She would have to marry a Flip to get one or find a solution with the PRA for the Retirement Visa but that's all I see. Should I give you my famous quote now LOL given you are living in Australia. I couldn't resist. Edited by phildiver

Jake
Posted
Posted
Now what is wrong with a 13a for your mother? She can still own a condo so where is the benefit of PRA?
Is the mother a spouse of a Filipino? That is the only way she will get a 13A. Sorry.

Sorry what I meant is Phil has a 13a I believe so he can buy a condo or have it in his name for his mother, just worded it wrong in a hurry.

JOLLYGOODFELLOW, I have no clue what you are talking about. What does my having a 13A have anything to do with my Mother having residency here. She would have to marry a Flip to get one or find a solution with the PRA for the Retirement Visa but that's all I see. Should I give you my famous quote now LOL given you are living in Australia. I couldn't resist.

Off the wall and definitely off topic: please define the word FLIP! You puckin' need a sensitivity check!

Couldn't resist -- Jake

softail
Posted
Posted

In the USA the devil is in the details as well. The legalities if you aren’t careful will trip you us the same as the Philippines. For example, if you want to move your money out of a 401k account into another tax deferred account it needs to go directly from the 401k to the new account without you touching it. If you take possession and then put it into the new account you owe the taxes on the money. Doesn’t seem fair, the end result is the same either way but not done right will cost you a pile of money. No different than your situation, she didn’t do things in the right order and got bit, not the Philippines government’s fault, doesn’t mean they are being unreasonable, why should they make an exception in her case?

Doug

• Like 1

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)
Off the wall and definitely off topic: please define the word FLIP! You puckin' need a sensitivity check!

Filipino. I don't mean anything derrogatory in how I am using it. I do get weary from all the political correctness especially from folks from the States. Ahmmm. That's why I like it here. You can do and say as you please!!! Yesterday at McDonalds a white girl and a filipino were making out by the entrance door. He also had his hand on her butt. Some yahoo American (preacher) came out and starting lecturing them. I so badly wanted to tell him to F Off as he should mind his own business. People should leave their political correctness at home especailly these religious farts. Most of us sitting outside were enjoying the show.

Edited by phildiver

phildiver
Posted
Posted
not the Philippines government’s fault, doesn’t mean they are being unreasonable, why should they make an exception in her case?

You're right and that is why I will simply take another route and the problem will be solved.

gapotwo
Posted
Posted

Filipino. I don't mean anything derrogatory in how I am using it. I do get weary from all the political correctness especially from folks from the States. Ahmmm. That's why I like it here. You can do and say as you please!!! Yesterday at McDonalds a white girl and a filipino were making out by the entrance door. He also had his hand on her butt. Some yahoo American (preacher) came out and starting lecturing them. I so badly wanted to tell him to F Off as he should mind his own business. People should leave their political correctness at home especailly these religious farts. Most of us sitting outside were enjoying the show.

Now this is from a FLIP in the philippines...Chill out buddy. ..And please remove my countrys flag from your profile, as you are not a Filipino. tanks ej. :angry:

phildiver
Posted
Posted
Now this is from a FLIP in the philippines...Chill out buddy. ..And please remove my countrys flag from your profile, as you are not a Filipino. tanks ej.
I am so totally relaxed and chilled. How about if we just let this topic die. All has been said that needs to be said.

TexasRangersFan
Posted
Posted
Why do people need fixers?, we all know the answer, like marmite, love it or hate it. The fact you refuse to go that route is a reflection on your ignorance. You're not at home ffs. If you want Texas, stay there! You love 95% Filipinos, get used to the fact 5% run things. You will enjoy it more

I too looked into the Retirement Authorities offer. I found their website ( in 2010 and 2011 ) to be a bit confusing. The Smile program. There were many questions that I had that I could not find the answers to on the PRA website. So I called them and asked. The nice young lady that I spoke with was not able to answer my questions either. However she did keep asking me if I wished to " sign up" and that my questions would be answered after I arrived here in the Philippines. I did a lot of research on their website and other forums, over time, before I made the decision that what the PRA was offering was not what I wanted. So I did not sign up. It was my decision to make and there are alternatives to living here in the Philippines.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/

I enjoy reading and posting on this Forum. I believe it can be very informative and educational for those seeking information as well as camaraderie with others here in the Philippines. If and when I do find information regarding living here in the Philippines I am more than happy to post that info. As long as it is correct.

There are times when I read a post or comment and I really wonder about the sincerity of the person who posted it. I CAN NOT tell you about your situation here or anywhere for that matter. What I can say is that, this time I have been here almost 16 months. I have had a lot of dealings with the Philippine Government as in Local, Provincial, National, even the police, and I have as of yet, never had to pay extra or have to pay someone to take care of anything for me. I have never been asked to do so by any Filipino. I have been asked by many foreigners to do so. I find it sad to hear when others have had to do that. I have had some difficulties here with getting certain documents however the documents can be gotten in time without having to go that route. It is just my opinion that those who resort to this kind of behavior help to increase that type of thing happening here.

I am a TEXAN. In TEXAS we have problems concerning bribery and corruption as well. We just deal with it differently is all. I am marrying a very beautiful Filipina. We do plan on having a home and business here. We also plan on going to TEXAS to be married. And living, at times, in both countries.

I see no reason to bring in any type of insults to get my point across to others no matter what the topic. I realize that there are those who feel they must. 'C'est la vie', ( Such is Life ).

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)
I have as of yet, never had to pay extra or have to pay someone to take care of anything for me. I have never been asked to do so by any Filipino. I have been asked by many foreigners to do so. I find it sad to hear when others have had to do that. I have had some difficulties here with getting certain documents however the documents can be gotten in time without having to go that route. It is just my opinion that those who resort to this kind of behavior help to increase that type of thing happening here.

I agree 100% ..... you pay for the service to begin with so why should you have to pay someone extra to do what they are paid to do anyway ...... and before anyone tells me to go back where I came from cause that is the way things are done here .... Bull-Sh*t ...... just remember this ....... "if you are not part of the solution ...... you are part of the problem" ....... so don't bitch when you have to pay bribes to get anything done ...... just take it like a man and keep paying them ...... but many of us do not have to pay them ...... ooooooops .... wait a minute I did have to pay 500p once to get a certificate mailed ....... bad ... bad me ..... I should have my hand spanked ..... but in over 5 years that is all I had to pay extra ..... and I might add I too have never been asked to pay extra from my getting married to my 13a or anything else .... and had the BI been set up as it is now I would not have had to pay for the mailing then ..... some people just enjoy the feeling they get from circumnavigating the rules and regulations and so would rather pay bribes and IMHO would do it in any country they live or have lived .....

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

phildiver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Great news. The PRA has had a change of heart. Something else for them to consider is if the peso continues its strengthening against the USA dollar into the 39 and lower range there will be multiple airplane loads of foreigners leaving this place for other places providing more economical opportunities and a huge loss of revenue for the Country..

Edited by phildiver