Philippine Retirement Authority

Ruddy_Rooster
Posted
Posted
Why do people need fixers?, we all know the answer, like marmite, love it or hate it. The fact you refuse to go that route is a reflection on your ignorance. You're not at home ffs. If you want Texas, stay there! You love 95% Filipinos, get used to the fact 5% run things. You will enjoy it more

I too looked into the Retirement Authorities offer. I found their website ( in 2010 and 2011 ) to be a bit confusing. The Smile program. There were many questions that I had that I could not find the answers to on the PRA website. So I called them and asked. The nice young lady that I spoke with was not able to answer my questions either. However she did keep asking me if I wished to " sign up" and that my questions would be answered after I arrived here in the Philippines. I did a lot of research on their website and other forums, over time, before I made the decision that what the PRA was offering was not what I wanted. So I did not sign up. It was my decision to make and there are alternatives to living here in the Philippines.

http://www.pra.gov.ph/

I enjoy reading and posting on this Forum. I believe it can be very informative and educational for those seeking information as well as camaraderie with others here in the Philippines. If and when I do find information regarding living here in the Philippines I am more than happy to post that info. As long as it is correct.

There are times when I read a post or comment and I really wonder about the sincerity of the person who posted it. I CAN NOT tell you about your situation here or anywhere for that matter. What I can say is that, this time I have been here almost 16 months. I have had a lot of dealings with the Philippine Government as in Local, Provincial, National, even the police, and I have as of yet, never had to pay extra or have to pay someone to take care of anything for me. I have never been asked to do so by any Filipino. I have been asked by many foreigners to do so. I find it sad to hear when others have had to do that. I have had some difficulties here with getting certain documents however the documents can be gotten in time without having to go that route. It is just my opinion that those who resort to this kind of behavior help to increase that type of thing happening here.

I am a TEXAN. In TEXAS we have problems concerning bribery and corruption as well. We just deal with it differently is all. I am marrying a very beautiful Filipina. We do plan on having a home and business here. We also plan on going to TEXAS to be married. And living, at times, in both countries.

I see no reason to bring in any type of insults to get my point across to others no matter what the topic. I realize that there are those who feel they must. 'C'est la vie', ( Such is Life ).

Points well made and taken on board. I accept I can come across as too forthright at times, probably because I'm so used to posting on football forums where debate can get very heated and often crosses the line. I'm trying hard to change though.

Any reference to Texas wasn't intended to be derogatory, it could've been any City/State anywhere in the world. Apologies if it came across as derogatory.

I can assure you I have no agenda whatsoever with regards to the outcome of this thread or as to whether people pay bribes or not.

As we all know circumstances vary person to person. The PRA wasn't what you wanted, no worries but it was clearly what OP wanted for his mom. You're correct to say there's other ways of living in Philippines, including (but probably not exclusive) the visa renewal process and leaving the country periodically. I can understand why a 74yr old wouldn't want to take this route. It appears we don't know why her application was refused, according to OP she met all the criteria but got refused anyway. Whether suggesting 'under the table' is good advice or not is open to opinion. Yes it might be part of 'the problem' but for a 74 yr old woman who wants to be near her family, it might be a solution. Arguments for or against both have their merits.

Regards