What Id To Carry ?

jpbago
Posted
Posted
you need to present it to immigration when leaving (and paying the exit tax), and you need to present the card on arrival with your passport.

Not at Terminal 2.

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I don`t carry any ID, nor cell phone, unless I am going to the BI or bank. My wife is always with me, 24/7

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
i am bob
Posted
Posted

I"d hate for one of our members to get in trouble because they did not carry the proper identification...  Having your wife with you doesn't really negate this.   

westhmess
Posted
Posted

I know it is law that you should always carry your passport and not a copy, But how can you do that when some hotels i and hire firms insist that you leave them as security .

I have found that if they insist, tell them "fine", I'll take my business elsewhere. I don't think all hotels require this. More than likely you will see a change in their rules if they're going to lose $$$. If they don't change, keep your promise to go someplace else.

Wes

westhmess
Posted
Posted

I"d hate for one of our members to get in trouble because they did not carry the proper identification...  Having your wife with you doesn't really negate this.   

Bob,

Being new here and haven't made it to the Phils yet. there are several forms? I saw using nothing but

the initials. ie: LTO, which I now know is the Phils drivers license. I would like to know (maybe a ist) what initials are used and what they mean. Thanks in advance for any help you or anyone here gives me. I'll be coming for my first visit around Aug. 13th and time is closing in on which documents I need to carry. Have a great day.

Wes

;

LTO

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hello Wes,

LTO -- LAND TRANSPORTATION OFFICE

BI     -- BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION

BOC -- BUREAU OF CUSTOMS

NBI   -- EQUIVALENT TO our FBI

PNP -- PHILIPPINES NATIONAL POLICE

BARANGAY CAPTAIN -- ELECTED OFFICIAL FOR A VILLAGE OR GROUP OF BARRIOS

BARANGAY TANODS -- VOLUNTEERED SECURITY, SOMETIMES ARMED

MYSTICAL CREATURES:

WHITE LADY

WAK-WAK

KAPRE

Any others that I miss......

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Don't forget the Ek Ek, similar to the Wak Wak but has a long beak and preys on pregnant women making ek-ek sounds.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

She is the only one that is going to help you if need be. She may be able to talk her way out of the issue, or present her ID, or go home to get my ID. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And just to confuse you, as most of us are confused.  The LTO web site is here.  And the LTFRB web site is here.  Both are similar, yet different.  The LTFRB are the ones to contact if a taxi driver rips you off but other than that I get them confused.

• Like 1

westhmess
Posted
Posted

Hello Wes,

BI     -- BUREAU OF IMMIGRATION

BOC -- BUREAU OF CUSTOMS

NBI   -- EQUIVALENT TO our FBI

PNP -- PHILIPPINES NATIONAL POLICE

BARANGAY CAPTAIN -- ELECTED OFFICIAL FOR A VILLAGE OR GROUP OF BARRIOS

BARANGAY TANODS -- VOLUNTEERED SECURITY, SOMETIMES ARMED

MYSTICAL CREATURES:

WHITE LADY

WAK-WAK

KAPRE

Any others that I miss......

Thanks Jake,

I'll try to stay away from those rip off taxi drivers. Is there actually much of that goes on? We probably won't be using taxis a lot.

We'll be living in a rather small town and will walk most places.

Have a great day, and thanks again.

Wes

• Like 1