Diplomat Hotel Cebu City

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well to update...I am now in Cebu...life is good..Danny picked me at the airport and took me directly to the Diplomat and even waited until I got my room in case there was a problem... I am hoping to rebook with him on the shuttle to the airport when I leaveI stayed at the Diplomat for a few days paying as I went (paying daily) until I decided that this hotels works for me. ...so I went ahead and paid in advance for the rest of my trip. It is not real fancy but it is clean. I like the location, the price and the people at the front desk are always friendly. The safe in the room is small but works great. It will not hold a laptop or even a notepad...too small...just to make you aware. The rooms are ok and I have someone who cleans my room each day that is very good. If i need something he always gets it for me..._ I leave little candy bars for him and the girls at the front desk. I think that helps...cost very little. Hope this helps....
I am glad to hear that the Diplomat is OK,I was thinking of staying there but some reports on Trip Adviser put me off,some say the middle eastern guest were a problem and some others say a problem with mites in the bed.But if you say its OK and are not scratching I will put it on my list of possibilities.I think I must of read about a thousand reviews about different accommodation in Cebu,thing is some say a hotel was great and others had a different experience.

• 3 weeks later...
tim
Posted
Posted

Well my stay in Cebu is over. I am back home in the USA. I might add that I had a great time.I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel for about 3 weeks. I used their web site to reserve my room. I requested a room in the new wing. I had no problems with them or using their web site to reserve my room. Note: you have to give your Credit Card to reserve and they charge 10% on it right away. I was consern about the safety of that but had on problems. The 10% was taken off the daily bill and I just paid cash for the rest while at the hotel. So I did not have to use my CC anymore. The service was great everywhere but in the restuarnt. I really never used them so it did not make too much difference to me. One day i was going out to visit my wife's family and I was going into the restuarnt to get a hambuger to go so I could eat it on the way, I was sorta in a hurry, so I figure this would be easy. No ! I order and paid for the hamburger to go. Waited about 20 minutes and ask where is my hamburger. The girl told me, sorry we have no hamburger...OK, I then order a blt to go...and started to try to pay the difference and was then told they had no bread for the BLT. I just got my $ back and left a little pissed. Never went back to the resturant there in the hotel.The Hotel staff and the person who clean my room on the other hand were very nice and helpful. They were always avalible to answer questions and give advice. The Hotel always had security at the door and log you in a taxi out front. If there were any problems and you needed help they would always try to help asap. The Hotel was clean and the airconditionier work in the room as did the cable TV and the inroom safe and frig. I had no problems with people hanging out in the lobby or anything else like that.So I would give the Hotel a Plus and will try to stay there on my next trip.Also, I used Danny as a shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport and found him and his wife to reliable and very helpful. He only charges 300 php and I found it to be worth the $ for his services. I would suggest anyone wanting private shuttle services to think about using him.Like I said I had a great time and now I am home.Tim from Memphis

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Good to know you got home safe and enjoyed Cebu and the Diplomat Hotel. Thank you for the update and I am sure members will find it very useful.Hope to meet you in person one day down the road. :lol:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Well my stay in Cebu is over. I am back home in the USA. I might add that I had a great time.I stayed at the Diplomat Hotel for about 3 weeks. I used their web site to reserve my room. I requested a room in the new wing. I had no problems with them or using their web site to reserve my room. Note: you have to give your Credit Card to reserve and they charge 10% on it right away. I was consern about the safety of that but had on problems. The 10% was taken off the daily bill and I just paid cash for the rest while at the hotel. So I did not have to use my CC anymore. The service was great everywhere but in the restuarnt. I really never used them so it did not make too much difference to me. One day i was going out to visit my wife's family and I was going into the restuarnt to get a hambuger to go so I could eat it on the way, I was sorta in a hurry, so I figure this would be easy. No ! I order and paid for the hamburger to go. Waited about 20 minutes and ask where is my hamburger. The girl told me, sorry we have no hamburger...OK, I then order a blt to go...and started to try to pay the difference and was then told they had no bread for the BLT. I just got my $ back and left a little pissed. Never went back to the resturant there in the hotel.The Hotel staff and the person who clean my room on the other hand were very nice and helpful. They were always avalible to answer questions and give advice. The Hotel always had security at the door and log you in a taxi out front. If there were any problems and you needed help they would always try to help asap. The Hotel was clean and the airconditionier work in the room as did the cable TV and the inroom safe and frig. I had no problems with people hanging out in the lobby or anything else like that.So I would give the Hotel a Plus and will try to stay there on my next trip.Also, I used Danny as a shuttle service to and from the hotel to the airport and found him and his wife to reliable and very helpful. He only charges 300 php and I found it to be worth the $ for his services. I would suggest anyone wanting private shuttle services to think about using him.Like I said I had a great time and now I am home.Tim from Memphis
DamnJust as I thought I had decided where I will be staying I have to now put the Diplomat back on my list,lucky I got 5 moths to think about it,lol

• 2 months later...
Warlord
Posted
Posted

I stayed here recently and the new rooms are not so new now!Couldnt arrange a better discount so I leave next day ...I have sent 100's of guys here and yes its still fairly a good place to stay.BUT COST WISE.2 blocks away is Kan Irag and I stay in the suite for 990 pesos compared to 1380 pesos.big savings if you are here for more then a week and watching costs.Warlord

Guardian
Posted
Posted
I stayed here recently and the new rooms are not so new now!Couldnt arrange a better discount so I leave next day ...I have sent 100's of guys here and yes its still fairly a good place to stay.BUT COST WISE.2 blocks away is Kan Irag and I stay in the suite for 990 pesos compared to 1380 pesos.big savings if you are here for more then a week and watching costs.Warlord
Thank you Warlord, any contact info you could post? If not then I guess I can look it up.

paul
Posted
Posted
Thank you Warlord, any contact info you could post? If not then I guess I can look it up.
Here is their site: http://www.diplomathotelcebu.com/

• 3 months later...
redranger
Posted
Posted

Any updates on the Diplomat? I will be staying there for at least four nights. If I like it I will stay for the duration.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
Any updates on the Diplomat? I will be staying there for at least four nights. If I like it I will stay for the duration.
Some people like it and some say it sucks, I guess it is all what you may be used to and if a person has never been to a third world country then they may expect too much.I did notice while going by the other day that the Maxwell is running a special for p1500 a day and that hotel is only a couple of years old and everyone I know who has stayed there raves about it, so you might want to check that one out too.

Travis
Posted
Posted
I stayed there once about a year ago & it was just ok but for the price what can we expect