Diplomat Hotel Cebu City

tim
Posted
Posted

Me and my brother will be in Cebu late June and early July of 2010. I stayed at the Diplomat last year and I am in the process of trying to get rooms again for this trip. I will report back in a week or two to keep everyone updated on my experience with the Hotel Staff etc at the Diplomat. Last year there was not too much trouble so I am hoping for the same this year.tim from Memphis

sjp52
Posted
Posted
Me and my brother will be in Cebu late June and early July of 2010. I stayed at the Diplomat last year and I am in the process of trying to get rooms again for this trip. I will report back in a week or two to keep everyone updated on my experience with the Hotel Staff etc at the Diplomat. Last year there was not too much trouble so I am hoping for the same this year.tim from Memphis
I stayed there the last time you were there Tim. I looked for you but must of always missed you. I too will be coming there in June, Maybe I will see you there this time. I wonder if we can get that deal that was talked about on this forum. ( $44 FOR 10 DAYS ). Just a thought.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Any updates on the Diplomat? I will be staying there for at least four nights. If I like it I will stay for the duration.
Some people like it and some say it sucks, I guess it is all what you may be used to and if a person has never been to a third world country then they may expect too much.I did notice while going by the other day that the Maxwell is running a special for p1500 a day and that hotel is only a couple of years old and everyone I know who has stayed there raves about it, so you might want to check that one out too.
There are 2 problems I found with the Maxwell: it sits right on a busy street (Escario) and all the rooms facing the street or even near it are very noisy. More importantly - no refrigerator so no way to keep beer cold except buy ice. I stayed 1 night and moved across the street to the Cebu Grand. Same prices approx if you book through agoda.com and no comparison for quality and service. JMHO.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
There are 2 problems I found with the Maxwell: it sits right on a busy street (Escario) and all the rooms facing the street or even near it are very noisy. More importantly - no refrigerator so no way to keep beer cold except buy ice. I stayed 1 night and moved across the street to the Cebu Grand. Same prices approx if you book through agoda.com and no comparison for quality and service. JMHO.
Thanks Mike, good to have differing views because we all have different needs and wants. I had set up my friend and member Bruce at Cebu Grand and he hated it and was annoyed that I said it was good so he moved over to Maxwell and raved about it and has stayed there every time he comes back, so different strokes for different folks and this just goes to shows me that we all have to try a place to see if it fits what we feel is right for us. :10001:

Salty Dog
Posted
Posted

I stayed at the Diplomat for a week last May and was more than satisfied with the hotel, especially considering the price. Ate at least one meal in the restaurant each day and felt the food and price was ok. I would stay there again when I return to Cebu. I am sensitive to smoke and I did not notice any problem with our room.Don

redranger
Posted
Posted
I stayed at the Diplomat for a week last May and was more than satisfied with the hotel, especially considering the price. Ate at least one meal in the restaurant each day and felt the food and price was ok. I would stay there again when I return to Cebu. I am sensitive to smoke and I did not notice any problem with our room.Don
Since I'm currently staying there I'll add my two peso's. For the price it's a very good value. Fortunately my room doesn't smell like cigarettes and overall very clean and tidy. My laptop with a 15.6' screen actually fits into the electronic room safe. The wireless connection leaves a lot to be desired but it is usually functional. But I don't like getting nickled and dimed to death buying wi-fi time. I get breakfast there each morning and it's a decent value. But if I don't ask for brewed coffee they bring me hot water and a packet of Nescafe. I did find hot dog unusual for a breakfast meat but I always ask for bacon which is quite good. The service for getting the food is okay but getting the young lady to bring the check can be be trying. It's certainly not an upscale hotel but it does the job. I would consider staying here again.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
Since I'm currently staying there I'll add my two peso's. For the price it's a very good value. Fortunately my room doesn't smell like cigarettes and overall very clean and tidy. My laptop with a 15.6' screen actually fits into the electronic room safe. The wireless connection leaves a lot to be desired but it is usually functional. But I don't like getting nickled and dimed to death buying wi-fi time. I get breakfast there each morning and it's a decent value. But if I don't ask for brewed coffee they bring me hot water and a packet of Nescafe. I did find hot dog unusual for a breakfast meat but I always ask for bacon which is quite good. The service for getting the food is okay but getting the young lady to bring the check can be be trying. It's certainly not an upscale hotel but it does the job. I would consider staying here again.
Hot dog is pretty much on most breakfast menu's here,even at the Water Front Hotel.There were no hot dogs today at the Montebello but were some chicken sausages,well maybe that's what they were as I could not tell?