Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I bet Canada does not extradite. My guess is that this will be a case of refugee status or political asylum or whatever the bleeding hearts come up with the stop her from facing a Philippine jail cell, guilty or not.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I"m thinking the opposite - she will be booted out. The only thing I can see keeping her here at the start of it all is that she is later on in her pregnancy - but that still wouldn't normally keep her here

• Like 1

tiger31
Posted
Posted

she,s on record saying she wants to return to clear her name ,lets see if she,s true to her word. I feel sorry for the future baby coming into the world with the mom and paw both in jail for life if convicted what a start to ones life .when things like this happen there are lots of other victims too the extended familees also often get forgot about very sad.

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted
I feel sorry for the future baby coming into the world with the mom and paw both in jail for life

With her parents....... maybe the best thing for her to go to a relative that would care. There are millions of children brought up in the Phils by someone other than the natural parents.

tiger31
Posted
Posted
I feel sorry for the future baby coming into the world with the mom and paw both in jail for life

With her parents....... maybe the best thing for her to go to a relative that would care. There are millions of children brought up in the Phils by someone other than the natural parents.

even better if brought up in canada that would make up a bit for not having your parents around but i can,t see that happening do you ?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The drivers was the childs father I think. Kinda hard to keep track of this soap opera.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

Canadian officials with Foreign Affairs has confirmed that late on the 30th that Jerome's lawyer did in fact file a counter- affidavit against the police investigators and all the witnesses for the prosecution in the murder case of Harry Doyle..

tiger31
Posted
Posted

ok james where are we at now ? does that complicate things further or what ?

Americano
Posted
Posted

How was Jane able to enter Canada and stay there? Is she a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen?

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

How was Jane able to enter Canada and stay there? Is she a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen?

She has a permanent resident status, and she flew to Canada to carry the ashes back to Harry's family. They would fly back to Canada for a couple of months each year during the holidays, so I guess her Residency status was maintained even though they were primarily residing here in Surigao City for the last eight years..