Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)
you must know there are many many scenarios that can play out in Philippines not just the three you detailed.

Not wishing to make light, of this sad Topic at all BUT it is getting to have more red herrings, than an Agatha Christie novel. IMHO :unsure:

:tiphat:

Wait once the trial starts, then it should get quite interesting as this case progresses. I guess they are correct when they say that sometimes real life is stranger than fiction.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

Bodin
Posted
Posted

Only a monster would then try to use a previously unknown

Will to then steal 2/3 of his assets from his two children.

Harry told me in 2010 that had changed his will, cutting out everyone in Canada. Harry also said that his family was furious with him for that. Investigators should check his emails to verify that he told them of them of the change 2 years ago. So maybe it wasn't 'previously unknown'.

I hope you are right, James and that Harry's family will step up and help Joseph, because I know for a fact that Jane is flat broke.

I will be in Fredericton in a few days and I will have a chance to speak with Jane and verify for myself some of the truths of all that has been said.

• Like 1

Bodin
Posted
Posted

800 showed up for a memorial service in Fredericton? Even 180 would be pushing it. The last funeral I went to in Fredericton was for a well liked former mayor. Even he did not have 100 people there. It's just not a large enough centre. Yes, Fredericton is a city but you can drive through it in 10 minutes!

Oops! Correction of my earlier post:

Others who attended the service have advised me that 800 is a bit of an exaggeration and that it was more like 3 of 400 who showed up.

• Like 1

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
you must know there are many many scenarios that can play out in Philippines not just the three you detailed.

Not wishing to make light, of this sad Topic at all BUT it is getting to have more red herrings, than an Agatha Christie novel. IMHO :unsure:

Yeah ………….. even Poirot will have his grey cells highly challenged :unsure:

I had just read the whole thread from start to end. What strikes me was that although there are lot of interests and comments from posters, there are only 2x posters that seem to know all/some of the characters involved just shortly before and after the death of Harry Doyle. One is in situ, the other one had claimed to have live from a far.

Now, we have heard possible explanations of the other characters involvement and alibis bar one or two – Jane Doyle and Jerome!

Let me be clear from the onset that I am NOT accusing anyone here but rather indulging in amateur sleuthing and find possible explanations on so many holes of the story so far.

A grieving widow act or tears cut no deal with me. It might sound harsh but we are talking of cold killing here. Besides, most Filipina can cry to order if it means it can get her what she wants. It was what the local parlance means for “OA” (over acting). I just cant get round my head, how the late Harry Doyle had NOT taken care of in his will his underage disabled son. Certainly, not the usual practice in the West as I understand it. To have gone so far in making a will but not spelt exactly his underage son’s inheritance is certainly a big herring to me. Some may call Harry a fool – but in my opinion he is not STUPID! Especially as there was already an attempt to his life before his actual killing? And if you are making a new will, I would have thought the new will start as something like “voiding previous will” or to that effect??????????

And what is Jeromes alibi?????????????

hmmmm ............ i await for the next chapter with great interest.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Has the previous attempt on his life in February been mentioned here? I may have missed it but the story of Harry makes a guy want to read more so here is what I am reading:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-brunswick/story/2012/08/14/nb-doyle-philippines-shot-murder.html

“He was sitting in his home reading one night and somebody drove by and took a shot through his window and just barely missed him,”
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I was thinking today that I knew enough people in Fredericton that, if I called one or two, I could possibly learn something more of what was going on - in regards to what people there knew. Sometimes I just have to stick my nose in where I shouldn't. So.... I called someone I have known for quite a few years and it turned out (as I hoped) that they had a good reason to know what was going on. I am not going to reveal the name of the person I spoke to (by their request) but they said that a smaller number of people were at the memorial service as sounding about right which would correspond with Bodin's second figure. They also said that most people are backing Jane as being innocent. The main thing I learned? People there are just as confused as we are. We talked a bit more but there really wasn't anything other than what we have already discussed on here or were strictly rumours that I won't repeat on here.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

I was thinking today that I knew enough people in Fredericton that, if I called one or two, I could possibly learn something more of what was going on - in regards to what people there knew. Sometimes I just have to stick my nose in where I shouldn't. So.... I called someone I have known for quite a few years and it turned out (as I hoped) that they had a good reason to know what was going on. I am not going to reveal the name of the person I spoke to (by their request) but they said that a smaller number of people were at the memorial service as sounding about right which would correspond with Bodin's second figure. They also said that most people are backing Jane as being innocent. The main thing I learned? People there are just as confused as we are. We talked a bit more but there really wasn't anything other than what we have already discussed on here or were strictly rumours that I won't repeat on here.

I double checked the message and it clearly said that at Harry's Memorial service today there were about 800 of his friends and family who came out to celebrate his life. The service was very beautiful. The theme was peace. They sang the prayer of St. Francis" Make me a channel of your peace" Also "Peace is flowing like a river", The "Ave Maria", which was Harry's mother's favorite and ended the service with "Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me." The service was from 12 noon until 1:00 and the reception last from 1:00-2:30. That they had prepared food for 400 and everything was eaten. People lingered to tell their favorite "Harry stories". His two ex-wives, both of whom remain friends with the family were the last to leave.

So they can not both be right? Either the family who catered and arranged the memorial are liars, your source are liars, or you are just trying to pull the wool over everyone here just to try to feather your on cap. I see those as the 3 main alternatives to this inconsistency. I see no reason why you would need your cap feathered? so I think we have a simple solution at hand.

Bodin says he is a really good and long-time friend of Harry Doyle, so he should know his sisters very well. Perhaps he can stop by and talk to his family. I am sure they would be more than happy to tell them about the service he missed and what is presently going on with the family. He does imply that he is such a trustworthy guy and such a long-time close friend. Then he can ask how many people did showed up to the service, and he can ask why everyone there thinks Jane is innocent and the family is trying to cheat Jane out of the 1/3 share to Harry's son Stephen and the 1/3 share to his young son Joseph? One sister was trusted by Harry to be the Executive of his Estate and there is an independent man who was his accountant. To the best of my knowledge Jane was not given access to any of Harry's bank accounts in either the Philippines or Canada and had no access to his credit cards. For what reason he did not allow any access to account, ATM card, or Credit cards I do not know? That is why he had to hire a secretary, and she got the money from Harry to give Jane. They were after all married what over 12 years? I know I trust my wife with all my accounts and ATM cards, in 27 years of marriage I always have.

Surely such a good long-term honorable friend of harry Doyle and his family, as Bodin claims to be, could easily find out such information first hand and post which version is accurate, should he not? And if he can not? Then WHY NOT? If he ask one of the sisters than I will know that he in fact went there and can verify his story as well. 4 sources (Family, your phone source, and Bodin's) credibility check out in one simple visit. Simple. I know I am all pink and fuzzy in anticipation.

What do you guys think? I love an old fashion "put you money were your mouth is" solution.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
What do you guys think? I love an old fashion "put you money were your mouth is" solution.

:unsure: Any memorial service anywhere in the world (For a Joe Public) would to my mind draw, a press presence, A quick Phone call to the editor of the local paper, in that town(City) would soon answer the question of how many Were present This might sort out the last little bit of Unnecessary, back biting. :)

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

In my defence, I was getting tired of all the fighting going on over all these supposed facts and figures being thrown around. Since I know people who are just as familiar with what is happening (gee, a relative even), I thought I would go to what I would consider a credible source. And even they have admitted that they are being told conflicting information depending on who they speak to. I'm sorry I wasn't told the same information as you were. After this I will just bow out and let the rest of the people who also weren't there fight it out over who is right and who is wrong..

• Like 2

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

In my defence, I was getting tired of all the fighting going on over all these supposed facts and figures being thrown around. Since I know people who are just as familiar with what is happening (gee, a relative even), I thought I would go to what I would consider a credible source. And even they have admitted that they are being told conflicting information depending on who they speak to. I'm sorry I wasn't told the same information as you were. After this I will just bow out and let the rest of the people who also weren't there fight it out over who is right and who is wrong..

don't feel bad I was not there either... I have had to deal with conflicting information every step of the way trying to get credible facts on the case. I can now see why the reporting is so poor here. There are layers and layers of stone walling, dead ends, and conflicting stories. It takes a lot of time and leg work to get the real information without all the bias statements. My life would have been so much more simpler if I had never started these threads.

• Like 2