Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Any of that acceptable in a civilized society?

My point exactly. Philippines has its own form of justice and governance.

• Like 1

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I will admit that this thread has been interesting reading.

Was this guy (Harry Doyle) a nice guy or a bad character? I guess it depends on who you choose to believe?

Does that mean that he deserved to be shot in front of friends and family? Surely not, whether nice guy or not?

Who was involved..., and who was not..., does anyone really know?

Are the police in this city any different than in most cities in the Philippines? Are they corrupt, incompetent, or brilliant at their work, and honest citizens?

Wow, where are you Lee Child, I think this would be a good one for you!!!!

But probably not better than some of the posts here.

I don't like to see anyone killed, whether they were good or bad, so I would say for those who loved him, you have my sympathy, for those who hated him, I would say, there but for the grace of God go I (and you).

Looking forward to reading more, and thanks for all who have posted.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

The problem

Second that the criminals have so much power and arrogance to be able to threaten witnesses, intimidate the police and this is considered normal behavior?

Keeping in mind that often times police in Philippines are the criminals in killings.

It is not that the killers in this case have power, it is the fact they think they can impose their will as to force police investigators and witness to turn a blind eye. One has to understand that the laws here are not those of the USA even if the Philippines was a colony for 49 years. The judicial system is an old Spanish colonial system, which was designed to protect those in power to stay in power. Then this society was traumatized my the rule of Marcos and afterwards passed laws that were suppose to protect a citizens civil rights but unfortunately also can be used by criminals themselves to help thwart the law.

When the murder occurred investigators came onto the crime scene. They collected evidence and talked to witnesses. They then take the case file to the courts to seek arrest warrants. The court sits on the case file, but by law the names of any and all witnesses then become public record. This means in this case that Jane Doyle's lawyer had a list of witnesses names by the next day. The judicial system than requires that the investigators return after a 14 day period where the court accepts any new evidence and decides then if arrest warrants are in fact warranted and if they are to issued. If at that hearing it is decided to issue arrest warrants, than it can take up to two more weeks before they are filed. This means that If a killer commits a crime that he can get access to a list of witnesses and have up to six weeks before he is formally issued arrest warrants. I believe it as purposely designed as to insure that the power families could dominate, exploit, and manipulate the peasants. Then if a present did come forward those in power had time to make it all just disappear. Here the investigators have one hand tied behind their backs even to do a proper investigation.

So here then are the killer’s three options:

1.. turn himself in voluntarily, and sit in a cell while this 6 week process is completed... then sit in that cell until the formal trials .

2. flee and be a fugitive the rest of his life.

3. try to intimidate or kill the police investigators and the witness as to force them to back off, quite completely, or recant their testimonies. If this happens then the case simply folds, no warrants, no trials, and the little happy killers keep on with their pathetic lives.

I think these boys perhaps chose option "3". The problem for them is that they actually have no power, and their balls are far larger than their brains. All they did was piss-off the cops more than they ever scared them, the witness are standing firm, and now the effort to find them and to protect everyone involved has been stepped up a notch or two. We are dealing with some crayons who think they are the sharpest pencils in the box. Now, whether these killers are punk gang-bangers, NPA want-a-bes, or just little power-drunk armed nit-wits? I do not know. I do know the cops know who they are and it will not be long before they will know were they are.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

This case is nothing new to the Philippines ... I know of another case that involved a Filipino who was murdered not to long ago and no one was brought to justice ..... one was just transferred to another part of the district and his buddy runs around free ..... nothing else after many months ..... and then you can look at the Bella Ruby case .... another bungled attempt not once but twice by the authorities to find someone or anyone to blame for the murders .... I could go on and on about the silly stupid mistakes ..... 4 boys get off from drug charges because the police were so excited to display the evidence to the news media and pose for picture picture they didn't follow procedure and the four guys went free .... hummmmmm ....... silly mistake or something else .... we will never know

These were all high profile cases that were bungled ...... and some people can't understand why people don't trust or believe in the authorities ....... I don't wonder at all ..... IMHO ...... :cheersty:

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

James, just so you know I'm not calling you out or even suggesting you may have an agenda of your own but you must know there are many many scenarios that can play out in Philippines not just the three you detailed. I do agree with much of what you have stated though and hope the truth comes out at some point.

• Like 4

HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted (edited)

by James Musslewhite on Tuesday, February 7, 2012 at 12:42pm

Dr. H. Doyle

By James Musslewhite

There once was a friend, who was a Canook;

whose friendship was like a knotted hook.

His nonsense was there, for all to just look;

And whose many flaws were an open book.

A boastful and foolish, sad little clown;

everyone just laughs when he’s about town.

His joke is to try to knock everyone down;

but the more he jokes the more he frown.

Just too much booze, and too much coke;

his IQ too gone what’s left just a joke.

Talks fantasy worlds, when drinks or toke;

just houses of cards and towers of Smoke.

King and master, of useless talk and boast;

who only bores to death, any he host.

Just lives for today, but later will roast;

he hurts all of those, who near him most.

Old tired brain squeaks, due lack of oil;

with gears turn slow, with broken coil.

Soft brained child, all bruised to spoil;

This silly small man, we call Dr. H. Doyle.

http://www.facebook....d/2751739912535

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
- added direct link to facebook

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, I wrote that poem to and for a man who we here in Surigao City affectionately called "Crazy Harry". I am grateful that the Forum Manager let the post stand and allowed the thread to be viewed again. I also want to thank the new member who took the time to look through my Facebook to find the poem and was so gracious as to add it to this thread.

These are three videos showing the landscape that I did on his business here in Surigao City.

http://www.facebook....&type=2

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)
Jake accidently hit the wrong button when he thought I should review a post but hid the whole topic instead. He has been sent to his room with no dinner.

Jake is being punished for his mistake with no dinner, I accept this

but can he please oktoberfest_8.jpg still have a snack & beer as he is only human

Edited by Call me Bubba
  • Like 5

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Nice poem I guess if you like it ...... but what does it have to do with the topic at hand ..... but as one of the privileges of this great board is you don't have to read anything you don't want and you don't have to view posts by people you don't want just by putting them on ignore ..... and I'm here to tell you it works ..... awfully well .... :thumbsup: ...... :cheersty:

• Like 2