Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

MikeB
Posted
Posted
I am a witness in the case, and there is an active investigation and court process that is ongoing.

The problem I have with most of your posts is your self-righteousness and the fact that you resort to hurling insults at anyone who dares to question anything you say.

Indeed there is an ongoing, active investigation. If you really are a material witness in this matter any 1st year law student would tell you the last thing you should be doing is running around on different Internet forums talking about the case. No aspect of it should be discussed publicly, that’s pretty basic. I’m glad to hear that the Suriago City police are outstanding and professional but it is a fact that that is frequently not the case here. The police are not usually appreciative of civilian interference. Why don’t you let these fine officers and investigators do their jobs and, hopefully, whoever committed this murder will be brought to justice.

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)
I am a witness in the case, and there is an active investigation and court process that is ongoing.

The problem I have with most of your posts is your self-righteousness and the fact that you resort to hurling insults at anyone who dares to question anything you say.

Indeed there is an ongoing, active investigation. If you really are a material witness in this matter any 1st year law student would tell you the last thing you should be doing is running around on different Internet forums talking about the case. No aspect of it should be discussed publicly, that’s pretty basic. I’m glad to hear that the Suriago City police are outstanding and professional but it is a fact that that is frequently not the case here. The police are not usually appreciative of civilian interference. Why don’t you let these fine officers and investigators do their jobs and, hopefully, whoever committed this murder will be brought to justice.

Sounds like you have personal problems with me which runs deeper than any of my posts in this thread. Probably your own personal prejudice carried over from another thread or from another forum. That's really your problem chief not mine. I have little time fueling your issues.

I started posting these threads before I ever became a witness and only post information and not personal comments. This was the intent of these thread being started. I also have only posted information that the police had given permission and had been cleared. This was so expats who knew Harry, friends of Harry, family of Harry could perhaps have useful information to help aid their investigation. And I tried to be respectful to all parties involved while releasing this information. I think it is funny that the efforts of the police here to allow me to release information to help establish connection with people who can perhaps contribute to the investigation, should be met with such contempt by you, and that you would want it closed because you don't like it. The police do little and you do not like it, and when they go out of their way to try to solve a crime against an expat? You do not like it. damn some of you boys are sure hard to please.

I have never imposed my own personal beliefs, personal comments, or personal details until some members decided to make comments trying to implicate me in an act of a horrendous crime or to imply that I should have some dark interior motive for having a trust in the ability of the police inspectors here in Surigao City.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

I read Canadian news reports that keep referencing the February shooting attempt. They all seem to have the same misstatement that I believe was told to reporters by a friend in Canadian. Now that members have decided to try to drag my name again in a past case I have already been cleared. I will post the details as reported by Harry and correct this inconsistency.

“He was sitting in his home reading one night and somebody drove by and took a shot through his window and just barely missed him,” he said.

This is in fact wrong:

The shooting was reported as having occurred at 2:20pm on a Wednesday. It was is not a drive-by shooting, and being familiar with "Jane's Lodge", there was way that the shot could have come from the roadway. That Harry himself said the he was sitting in bed reading a book when someone knocked on his bedroom door. That a Filipino man then stepped into his bedroom and fired one shot at him with a .38 revolver, that only one shot was fired, then this man fled stealing one of Harry Doyle's motorcycles to make his get-a-way. The shot came from inside the home and exited the window at a 90 degree angle from the roadway.

I have a couple of Videos posted showing the landscape that I did for Harry at Jane's lodge on my Facebook account, in those videos it is clear that no shot was possible from the roadside.

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

The police are not usually appreciative of civilian interference.

This can be very true. Perhaps it is because civilians often here try to interfere more than they are willing to help the police?

i am bob
Posted
Posted

This is a very strange case.

If we look at what James has been able to tell us on what he knows, we are able to formulate on opinion on what has happened. Bodin has also supplied some information that reflects his views and information regarding this matter as well. Are either or both correct? Not for me to say. I can form an opinion but that is about all. Sometimes so-called facts can be misleading.

I myself was once charged for a very serious crime and had no defence other than to profess my innocence. Everybody believed that I was guilty. In court the other person presented so-called "facts" that were so absurd that the judge threw the whole matter out of court and the police involved were reprimanded severely. I actually wish that he had let me present my side before he dismissed the case so people would know the whole truth but unfortunately he didn't. To him the whole thing was a farce and said so in court before ending the proceedings. And to this day some people still believe that I was guilty. So why am I dropping this here for everybody to see? Because I personally can attest to the fact that misinformation and only knowing part of the story can ruin friendships. Ruin families. And ruin lives. Even if a person is proven to be innocent.

Let's all just stick to the facts and go from there. Mudslinging and name-calling isn't necessary. That the police can get to the truth and prove so in a court of law beyond all doubt is what is needed. If anyone has any factual information that the police can use - either in the Philippines or here in Canada, please pass it on to the proper authorities. For those in Canada, that would be the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) - yes, our version of the FBI. Someday that may be you praying for someone to step forward.

• Like 5

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

And in my opinion you haven’t fathom the subtle difference between the Pique case and the Doyle case or the filipino logic/illogicality. Hint – read the link which I had posted previously. There was also a BBC documentary of that case. Unfortunately, Im not internet savvy on how to search a BBC TV programme or post a link for that matter.

If you still haven’t grasped the difference – please don’t ask me as I do not know how to explain. If I attempt to – it will just sound gibberish or a lot of drivel. So I wouldn’t even try.

For the sake of the little boy, I just hope justice will prevail. ……………..

http://www.dailymail...murder-son.html

On a side note, despite what Stephens mothers says, I understand the late Stephen Davies wasn’t exactly an angel or living a sainted life in SEA. Ring, any bell ???????????

I have the 4 .wmv video files of the BBC program you are referring to they are around 45MB each in size. I am willing to share these files.

Kudo's to anyone out for Justice in Philippines. Sad part about all this is first and foremost the victim Harry Doyle. Second that the criminals have so much power and arrogance to be able to threaten witnesses, intimidate the police and this is considered normal behavior?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
I have the 4 .wmv video files of the BBC program you are referring to they are around 45MB each in size. I am willing to share these files. Kudo's to anyone out for Justice in Philippines. Sad part about all this is first and foremost the victim Harry Doyle. Second that the criminals have so much power and arrogance to be able to threaten witnesses, intimidate the police and this is considered normal behavior?

The facts are Harry Doyle was killed brutally in a very public area. Was it murder? Was it revenge? Was it justice?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
Second that the criminals have so much power and arrogance to be able to threaten witnesses, intimidate the police and this is considered normal behavior?

Keeping in mind that often times police in Philippines are the criminals in killings.

• Like 2

FlyAway
Posted
Posted
The facts are Harry Doyle was killed brutally in a very public area. Was it murder? Was it revenge? Was it justice?

Any of that acceptable in a civilized society?

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted
Second that the criminals have so much power and arrogance to be able to threaten witnesses, intimidate the police and this is considered normal behavior?

Keeping in mind that often times police in Philippines are the criminals in killings.

So true!

Though I gotta admit that I also get a kick out of the fact that some of the most popular police shows in the world (my experience is North American) are about crooked cops... Modelled after real life? That's a yup! Only in the Philippines? Definitely a Nah....!

:mocking:

• Like 1