Canadian Citizen Killed In Surigao City

HarryBeatMeAtTennis
Posted
Posted

The poem mentions coke and I wonder just how far down that horror street Harry had travelled since I last saw him in 1985.

If he was involved with those types....

Bodin
Posted
Posted

Over the course of this thread people have made some statements that I would like to reply to. I am not mentioning names nor are my replies in any particular order. I am clear that I do not wish to cast aspersions on anyone. After all, I don't want to 'look over my shoulder' all the time. I have no evidence and I don't know who killed Harry. But, I would need much more evidence than that presented here to believe that Jane did it. People 'think they know' things when in fact, they just think they do.

I have it on very good authority that the following is true:

1) More than 800 people showed up at his memorial service in Fredericton, NB, Canada. I am sorry I was not able to be there myself.

2) Jane is not in hiding. She is in plain sight in Canada and the police know exactly where she is. So do members of the media who have hounded her endlessly.

3) Jane is flat broke. Her assets, including bank accounts have been frozen. She has no money to feed her autistic son and had to borrow $200 last week from a friend of Harry's.

4) Jane has a lawyer but has no money to pay him. He is working on her behalf without a retainer.

I have known Harry since childhood and whatever else one might say about him, he had a heart of gold and was respected by many. And though had faults, like the rest of us, and while he may have made some enemies, he did not deserve to die so violently. I assure you, he will be missed by many.

One last point; some of the posts here bring Shakespeare to mind, "Methinks thou dost protest too much!"

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I did not know Harry at all, in life. His death has caused such a wealth of information to be passed around that I am growing to know the man he was. I think he must be smiling to see all the caring people and to know that he is not easily forgotten.

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
One last point; some of the posts here bring Shakespeare to mind, "Methinks thou dost protest too much!"

Not the exact quote but close. Thought about that same line as I have read through this.

• Like 1

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted

The poem mentions coke and I wonder just how far down that horror street Harry had travelled since I last saw him in 1985.

If he was involved with those types....

Harry had lived an interesting life and was plagued with many demons even by his own admission, but one must be allowed their eccentricities. Each man has his flaws and none of us are perfect beings. Harry had suffered from a long term mental illness which had worsen over the last few years to the point that you may not have recognized that younger man you knew back in 1985. Yes Harry and I had our differences, but they between us and in time all could have been healed. I called the man friend, and could not and will not forget that even when he chose not to remember. But remember that man you knew and cherish the good memories together, because they were true to you and him at that time and space in both your lives. All I can tell a man is something my mother told me, as a child, about what to do when a person dies.

“Remember the Saint in a person and forgive then forget the monsters inside them”

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

Over the course of this thread people have made some statements that I would like to reply to. I am not mentioning names nor are my replies in any particular order. I am clear that I do not wish to cast aspersions on anyone. After all, I don't want to 'look over my shoulder' all the time. I have no evidence and I don't know who killed Harry. But, I would need much more evidence than that presented here to believe that Jane did it. People 'think they know' things when in fact, they just think they do.

I have it on very good authority that the following is true:

1) More than 800 people showed up at his memorial service in Fredericton, NB, Canada. I am sorry I was not able to be there myself.

2) Jane is not in hiding. She is in plain sight in Canada and the police know exactly where she is. So do members of the media who have hounded her endlessly.

3) Jane is flat broke. Her assets, including bank accounts have been frozen. She has no money to feed her autistic son and had to borrow $200 last week from a friend of Harry's.

4) Jane has a lawyer but has no money to pay him. He is working on her behalf without a retainer.

I have known Harry since childhood and whatever else one might say about him, he had a heart of gold and was respected by many. And though had faults, like the rest of us, and while he may have made some enemies, he did not deserve to die so violently. I assure you, he will be missed by many.

It is obvious that there just too much you do not actually know about Harry and Jane Doyles here in Surigao City or in fact there in Canada now. I have little time or desire to try to educate you, nor care about public opinions. I will trust in the facts and that they will bare the truth out in the end.. Your story runs too contrary to those of both investigators here and his family there in Canada, so I will wait for the process to run it's course. I hope that the NBI investigators do come and check into all statements, evidence, and the investigations of both shootings cases, as I hope when the international arrest warrant is processed this week that the RCMP will thoroughly investigate there. They each should get to the bottom of this complex case on both sides of the big pond.

I still hope Jane is innocent. I hope that the woman I called friend is innocent of such a horrendous act. For only a monster would have had her husband brutally murdered in front of their child, just to get his money and to establish an alibi for her and her new lover (believed father of her unborn child). Only a monster would then try to use a previously unknown Will to then steal 2/3 of his assets from his two children. Only a monster would have let Harry just lay on the ground and bleed to death without assistance as they wiped clean the shooting scene before police arrived. I would hate to think that Jane has continually evaded the police investigators here who trying to solve the case in the murder of her husband because she knew she was guilty, and that she would have traveled to Canada in an attempt to permanently to evade these investigator's questions and to thwart justice. I would then hate to think that Jane would then lie to Harry's very friends in an attempt to shield herself from possibility prosecution in a crime she knew she had committed. That she would then try to manipulate them and use them as unknowing tools to try to publicly slander witnesses or others she feared could possibly expose her of what she was doing. I would hate to think Jane is such a person. I hope the police, family, friends, and those who actually know them here believe is wrong. Not for Jane's sake but for Joseph's sake because if they are right and Jane did this, than he is the real victim. I hope you are right and everyone else here and in Canada is wrong. I will let those who are trained at their jobs, do their jobs. I promise that I will continue to leave mud-slinging and dirt-digging for others who are so incline to engage in this counter-productive behavior, and that I will continue to keep posting the official statements as they are released free of personal bias.

I sent a "copy and paste" of this post to both Harry's family and to the PNP investigators. Even though I know they are monitoring each of the 5 forums that I have posted similar threads, perhaps they would miss your post. Both the Doyle family and the PNP may find Points #3 and #4 of interest. I am quite sure that the Doyle family will not allow little Joseph to suffer or starve, so I am sure they will not neglect Harry's boy.

Edited by jamesmusslewhite
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

800 showed up for a memorial service in Fredericton? Even 180 would be pushing it. The last funeral I went to in Fredericton was for a well liked former mayor. Even he did not have 100 people there. It's just not a large enough centre. Yes, Fredericton is a city but you can drive through it in 10 minutes!

Edited by I am bob
corrections
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
you must know there are many many scenarios that can play out in Philippines not just the three you detailed.

Not wishing to make light, of this sad Topic at all BUT it is getting to have more red herrings, than an Agatha Christie novel. IMHO :unsure:

:tiphat:

• Like 3

jamesmusslewhite
Posted
Posted (edited)

800 showed up for a memorial service in Fredericton? Even 180 would be pushing it. The last funeral I went to in Fredericton was for a well liked former mayor. Even he did not have 100 people there. It's just not a large enough centre. Yes, Fredericton is a city but you can drive through it in 10 minutes!

That is what his sister's told me and they were actually there during the whole service. Fredericton is where Harry was born and raised and the little capital city has a population over 70,000, plus the local papers had been printing the story a week before the service. I have little reason to doubt his family, nor any reason to call Harry Doyle's family liars.

Perhaps this former mayor was not as well liked as you believed? Perhaps Harry had made a lot of friends and acquaintances during his life there, and the news of his being brutally murdered made them want to come out and show their support to his family?

Edited by jamesmusslewhite

Bodin
Posted
Posted

Mike B says

"One last point; some of the posts here bring Shakespeare to mind, "Methinks thou dost protest too much!"

Not the exact quote but close. Thought about that same line as I have read through this."

True, Sir! It is actually Hamlet's mother speaking who says, "The Lady doth protest too much, methinks." This from Wikipedia:

"The phrase is often misquoted as "Methinks the lady doth protest too much"[2] and is commonly used in the second person as "Methinks thou dost protest too much."

Furthermore, the above meaning is based on a misunderstanding of the meaning of the word "protest" as it was used in Shakespeare's day, as the "protest" of the lady is not a protest in the modern sense of the word, but an affirmation or avowal.[3]

The phrase's actual meaning implies the increasing likelihood of suppressed feelings for the contrary of that which is being argued. I.e., the more passionate and fervent the argument, the greater likelihood the cause is a suppression of belief for the contrary argument, and the subsequent confirmation that it is the (actual) truer statement."

Similarly, a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar might say, "I wasn't stealing a cookie".

• Like 1