17 Women ‘Rescued’ From Liza’S Pub Cebu

MikeB
Posted
Posted
Not really as they have a per day rate of 200 peso or more so its not like working for nothing.

Maybe some do but I knew a few from one of the Mango dives, they got nothing but their cut of the ladies' drinks (p65) and "whatever else". There was no salary. They were required to have their makeup done by ladyboys before work and charged p100. They took IOUs for that until they could pay. The weekly tests were paid for by them, if they didn't have the certificate, they didn't work.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
LBs never work in a girly bar bad tor business

Yeah they do. And in more than a few. And in low class and in high class joints. But I would agree that most girly bars do not allow them to work the floor. And yet, even that is changing.

But to stay on topic, I never seen a ladyboy get rescued from a bar.

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted
LBs never work in a girly bar bad tor business

Yeah they do. And in more than a few. And in low class and in high class joints. But I would agree that most girly bars do not allow them to work the floor. And yet, even that is changing.

But to stay on topic, I never seen a ladyboy get rescued from a bar.

They may work in the back as makeup or kitchen staff but not as GROs The last thing a manager wants is a mis-understanding with a customer as to what they offer . There are bars that specialize in LBs though . If you ask at any girly bar for a LB and thats what you want they will find you one asap but its not a service they offer and have them waiting in the back

brock
Posted
Posted

Their are barfines at every girlie bar, They may not be advertised, but they are there, they may be called something else, ie, EWR early work release, If they just relied on guys buying them drinks, some of them would go very hungry :)

Not really as they have a per day rate of 200 peso or more so its not like working for nothing.

Yes Tom, I know some of them get a wage ( under the minimum ) and a percentage of the drinks that are bought them, But I don`t know of any bar in Cebu that doesnt have a barfine system or whatever its called, I just cant understand how they can raid one place and not another, The powers to be issue them with their ids, And then get some guy for going with an underage girl from one of the bars, They say they must have an health check every week,, So they know whats going on, You dont have to have a check up every week if you work in any other kind of job. the City lets them get away with it as long as they pay their dues, imo

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
They may work in the back as makeup or kitchen staff but not as GROs

For anyone who really wants a ladyboy GRO, go to the very high end GRO bar across the street from the Pier Quatro pension house. They are all over the place there and seem to cater mainly to the Korean market. If you don't find any there, then you can believe I don't know what I am talking about. Its not the only place, just one that I am sure you will find a ladyboy GRO mixed in with straight girls at a high end club that is not a gay bar.

brock
Posted
Posted

Quite a few ladyboys in club Arena, Is that the one you mean Dave ?

• Like 2

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Back to the topic - From the Front page, top story of yesterday's (Sunday) paper:

http://www.sunstar.c...fficking-241803

I wonder if this US-RP partnership is the reason for all these well-publicized "rescues"?

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Back to the topic - From the Front page, top story of yesterday's (Sunday) paper:

:unsure: I wonder if this US-RP partnership is the reason for all these well-publicized "rescues"?

Whilst i am sure the intent is good and can be seen as a positive move, the exercise is surely a Vote puller, I am a big advocate of "Putting our own Homes, in order before we start organizing other homes" :)

:tiphat:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I wonder if this US-RP partnership is the reason for all these well-publicized "rescues"?

The cynic in me thinks its because the international justice people provide financial incentive. The fact Philippines loses face because of the poor trafficking rating drives it too. From what I have read those that profit most from the flesh trade in Philippines are those Filipinos running it and those government officials taking kickbacks from it.

• Like 4