Stun Guns- Personal Safety In The Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyone ever consider carrying a stun gun while in the Philippines? I know it maybe of not much use if your confronted by a firearm but these also have a 130 db alarm which might deter an attack.

Could be helpful if attacked by a dog with rabies or a wife swinging a bolo :)

400KVolts Streetwise Stun Gun for Personal Safety & Security P980

The Streetwise Stun Gun is a self defense device which disrupts the message the brain sends to the voluntary muscles. Simply touching an attacker with a stun gun for 3-5 seconds will deliver a high voltage shock causing loss of balance and muscle control, confusion, and disorientation bringing him to his knees and making him incapable of further aggression. Full recovery takes about five to 5-10 minutes with no permanent harm. The Streetwise stun gun packs 400,000 volts which causes the muscles of the target to do a lot of work, rapidly.

Just test firing this unit into the air is often enough to stop an attacker. As the bright electric current pulsates between the test prongs and creates an intimidating electrical sound an attacker with any sense at all will be stopped in his tracks. If the sight and sound doesn't stop them a jolt from this unit certainly will!

Streetwise brand stun guns have more features than any other stun gun on the market. Built-in 130 dB alarm - this stun gun offers you two levels of protection. At the first sign of danger you can activate an ear piercing alarm to scare off a potential attacker and summon help. If the alarm sound is not enough to deter the attacker, the stun gun may be used.

Disable pin - prevents an attacker from taking this stun gun away and using it on you. A strap worn around your wrist attaches to a disable pin on the bottom of the unit. If this stun gun is taken away from you the disable pin will pull out, preventing it from working.

Safety Switch - to prevent accidental discharge, 3 levels of safety have been built in. For the stun gun to operate, the disable pin must be inserted, the safety switch must be in the "on" position, and the trigger pressed down. Holster Included - although small enough to carry in your pocket, this model can be clipped to your belt or purse, or carried in the included holster with belt loop. Lifetime Warranty - Streetwise Stun Guns are one of the highest quality brands available and come with a lifetime warranty. Requires one 9-volt battery (not included).

Features

• 400KV
  • Built-in Panic Alarm
  • Disable Pin
  • Safety Switch
  • Definitely NO Charge Back
  • 9V Battery Powered
  • Branded and dependable manufacturer
  • Sold worldwide
  • Sturdy and textured plastic for a perfect grip
  • Individually packaged, ideal for gifts and even reselling
  • No license or permits required

Applications

• Women (as well as Men) and Students
  • Night shift jobs, call center agent, fast food crew, etc.
  • Security Personnel
  • Car Accessory

Effects of the Stun Gun on an Assailant

• Touching an assailant for less than one second will cause minor muscle contractions and have a repelling effect.
  • Touching an assailant for one two seconds will cause muscle spasms and a dazed mental state.
  • Touching an assailant for three to five seconds will cause loss of balance and muscle control, total mental confusion, and disorientation leaving him dazed.

What's Included

• Stun Gun
  • Holster with belt loop
  • Safety Pin
  • Gift Box
  • Warranty Note

post-1-0-21627400-1347944767_thumb.jpg post-1-0-81536800-1347944768_thumb.jpg

http://ecbuyph.com/s...-streetwise.htm

• Like 1

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

Hmmmm...I wonder if this will past muster when being "greeted" (read patted down) at the mall..... :whistling:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Hmmmm...I wonder if this will past muster when being "greeted" (read patted down) at the mall..... :whistling:

I think they will if what it says is correct about being legal with no licence or permits required. Don't zap the guard though :mocking:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

For dogs, I carry a canister of pepper spray that is very nasty stuff IF the wind currents cooperate and your aim is good. Very effective against animals because they don't know what it is the 1st time. I like the stun gun idea though, I'm looking at this one.

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted

I would never zap them...they have a drumstick/poker stick in their hand and with my luck, even an accidental zap....they would beat me like a bass drum...me being a big target and all...it would be hard for them to miss! :dance:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

What about an old fashioned cattle prod? I have also seen elderly folks in Los Angeles walking around with a golf club for their protection against vicious dogs. Are stun guns legal in the Philippines? My current low-tech device is a whistle.

luke
Posted
Posted

I would be very careful about doing anything to a local anywhere in the Philippines. It can get you in a lot of trouble. Even pushing away street kids can result in an arrest. It doesn't matter if you are in your right or defending yourself, if the other party file charges against you it can get you in a legal wrangling. Surprisingly lots of "witnesses" come out of the woodwork. The legal system still works better for locals than for foreigners.

At best you pay up and walk away. If you hit the "wrong guy" (some rich kid or well connected looser) it can land you in jail and/or be deported.

If you see trouble ahead, walk around it! You can play Hero at home.

• Like 5

Will
Posted
Posted

For dogs, I carry a canister of pepper spray that is very nasty stuff IF the wind currents cooperate and your aim is good. Very effective against animals because they don't know what it is the 1st time. I like the stun gun idea though, I'm looking at this one.

bearsign.jpg :)

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

A friend was coming to Angeles frequently and staying for weeks at a time and paying up to 4,000 pesos a night. I suggested he rent the two bedroom house next to mine as it would be cheaper in the long run. This he did and furnished it etc. for not a great deal of money. He brought his wife and children from the UK for a 7 week stay and saved quite a bit of money, enough for them to go to Thailand for a 4 night stay.

He returned home about a month ago, and three nights ago I heard a single loud bang at about 4 in the morning, so decided to investigate. As I got to the gate I saw someone come out of his house and get on a motorbike, I yelled at him, what are you doing in that house, and what do you have under your jacket, I grabbed at him, but he got away on his bike. Just as he was pulling away I fortunately looked again at the front door just in time to see another guy coming out of the house brandishing a (what at the time appeared to be a huge) blade, as I caught the glint from the steal and the light. I jumped out of the way, and he took a swipe at me, fortunately for me either he forgot how he was holding the knife, or didn't care, but caught me across the face with the but end of the handle and not the blade.

Fortunately, for me I was not really hurt, and it appears they were both more afraid than I was. Also fortunately for my friend I caught them just in time, as they took nothing, left the flat screen etc.on the floor. (guess they thought the chances of me getting by this old fat white guy while carrying the TV might not work). So in that situation, I think it might have helped had I something like this stun gun in my hands.

Papa Carl

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

WOW! Thank goodness you are OK after that close call!

• Like 1