What Do You Miss Most From Home?

tiger31
Posted
Posted

Hey i tasted that UK hersheys rubbish. Stuff was like cooking chocolate. :lol: :bash: Although.... I'll kill any day for a galaxy bar.

well hersheys is a yank chocalate i believe and they can,t make chocolate like us brits either thats why kraft bought out cadburys so they could steal our secrets hahaha.while we are at it are any of your familiy ancestors from the u.k arrr thought so ,so your a fake aussie hahahaha
  • Like 1

Matthew23
Posted
Posted (edited)

It's "you're", before spouting your patriotic BS how about you get your own grammar correct first.

In case you didn't pick it up, i found that incredibly offensive.

Also, my ancestry does lead back to the UK. Not that i'm exceptionally proud of that fact at this very moment.

Edited by Matthew23

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Stick to the topic :angry:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I did notice last time I was over there that all the bread sucks! So it seems I will also be bringing a suitcase full of bread, deli meats, and cheese ha ha!

I imagine once I move over there it will be some simple things - like a simple sandwich that I will miss. I just can't wait to get over there and find out what I miss... :tiphat:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I did notice last time I was over there that all the bread sucks! So it seems I will also be bringing a suitcase full of bread, deli meats, and cheese ha ha!

I imagine once I move over there it will be some simple things - like a simple sandwich that I will miss. I just can't wait to get over there and find out what I miss... :tiphat:

Hi Tuka

Bread cheese deli meats I know where to get all of these things. A friend of mine sells them he delivers in the south of Cebu city down past Dalaguete and once a week in Dumagette. so if anyone is interested Pm Me I will tell you his website address. He has about 15 pages of products.

• Like 1

Geoff Thomas
Posted
Posted

Takes a little time to find things here but I have to say more and more places are selling the things we have all been missing even though they may be a little more expensive.

Tinder box has great bread and a good deli section, S&R has a vast array of cheeses some of which are totally off my radar, but they do have good muffins and ice creams in the same location. Every Sunday at BTC there are local produce vendors selling such things as RYE BREAD & organic vegetables. Milk semi skimmed but good milk available at most supermarkets (white bottle green top) French crusty bread from Timad on the Maria Luisa road, the list go's on and on but for sure its out there, its just knowing where.

• Like 1

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted

One word... Amazon.com :hystery:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

Yes I've noticed most of the bread here is sweetened. There is one brand at SM Supermarket I can't remember the name but it is a red & blue label seems to have the lowest amount.

tiger31
Posted
Posted

It's "you're", before spouting your patriotic BS how about you get your own grammar correct first.

In case you didn't pick it up, i found that incredibly offensive.

Also, my ancestry does lead back to the UK. Not that i'm exceptionally proud of that fact at this very moment.

sense of humour failure i see
  • Like 1

Matthew23
Posted
Posted

I'll be the grown up shall I.

• Like 1