What Do You Miss Most From Home?

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I don`t miss anything from home as the Philippines is now home. I make the most of the situation I am in. But I would like to get my nails done!

You big girls blouse :hystery:

You Have to let your feminine side come out brock,you have to go with the flow!
  • Like 1

Matthew23
Posted
Posted

Hey nothing wrong with a guy getting his nails done. :dance:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

It's not a vacation until I get my mani/pedi. And in the PI's it was a whole ₱200!

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Milk without a doubt, real bread second, and third mexican food.

I found a mexican restaurant in San Fernando City pop 100,000, northern Luzon in La Union. It was run by the local VFW post. I took my girlfriend there for her first taste of Mexican food. The food was very good.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

1.able to get in my car(now long sold) and just drive ,

Not worrying about anything,

2. going out for a Late night snack at Ihop/dennys(watch the late night drunks walk in )

3. Late night(midnight showing )movie ,one place offered food/beer as you watched the movie,

4. cold weather,

5. while living in "old country" use of the cities mass transit.

either underground rail,subway, tram/street car, bus

and NOT being crowded like a sardine

the 1 hr train ride back home after being in the big city

6 The smell.

7. visiting sierra vista .,az & blue ridge parkway . horse back riding

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Been here 8 months now.   I notice the longer I am here the less I miss. Real cheese and quality BBQ would be nice...

• Like 1

Lou49
Posted
Posted

I miss going for long walks after dinner in the cool , clean fresh air. I miss the mountains and the rivers and the forests.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted

I  miss so much that I am going back home next week for 2 months. Fresh air, public washrooms (not walls), hamburgers, Mexican food, deli sandwiches, laws, rules, my car, English language, Thanksgiving dinner with roast turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes with turnip, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream, dill pickles, and leftovers next day.

• Like 3

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

I  miss so much that I am going back home next week for 2 months. Fresh air, public washrooms (not walls), hamburgers, Mexican food, deli sandwiches, laws, rules, my car, English language, Thanksgiving dinner with roast turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes with turnip, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream, dill pickles, and leftovers next day.

I was about to post that I miss nothing, however having read this post....., I forgot, just how much I forgot, about how I lived in my previous life, so maybe there are a few things...., even if I can't get real stuffing inside the turkey, I would settle for "stove top stuffing". Cranberry sauce! Roast potatoes, oh this is just not fare! Pumpkin pie with ice cream!!!!

And yes, especially the left overs the next day!!!

Very well posted.

Papa Carl

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Funny you should mention stuffing... I almost had some for dinner tonight  :)    I just went to a restaurant in Iloilo and the pork rice adobo tasted like stuffing!    :tiphat:

• Like 1