cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Customer Service

• Like 5

intrepid
Posted
Posted

March-April 2014 will be out last visit to PI before the big move in 2016.  On this trip just like the ones in the past we always send boxes ahead with the usual gifts and handouts.  But along with that is alot of stovetop stuffing and mac and cheese.  Seems since my first trip taking the stovetop stuffing, many in the family really enjoy it and always ask for it.  Espically some older ones and those with many missing teeth :hystery: .  My wife is a great cook and knows how to mix certin foods with local dishes so everyone really enjoys new and different dishes still prepared with known comfort foods.  Boy to I love my wife :dance: .

• Like 4

Papa Carl
Posted
Posted

March-April 2014 will be out last visit to PI before the big move in 2016.  On this trip just like the ones in the past we always send boxes ahead with the usual gifts and handouts.  But along with that is alot of stovetop stuffing and mac and cheese.  Seems since my first trip taking the stovetop stuffing, many in the family really enjoy it and always ask for it.  Espically some older ones and those with many missing teeth :hystery: .  My wife is a great cook and knows how to mix certin foods with local dishes so everyone really enjoys new and different dishes still prepared with known comfort foods.  Boy to I love my wife :dance: .

Hey Intrepid,

Don't forget my LARGE box of Stovetopstuffing! Any and all flavours!!! The last time I got a Christmas Package from my Mum, which unfortunately was a very very very long time ago, it consisted of primarily...., you got it, Stove Top Stuffing!

Papa Carl

jon1
Posted
Posted

I  miss so much that I am going back home next week for 2 months. Fresh air, public washrooms (not walls), hamburgers, Mexican food, deli sandwiches, laws, rules, my car, English language, Thanksgiving dinner with roast turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes with turnip, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie with vanilla ice cream, dill pickles, and leftovers next day.

I was about to post that I miss nothing, however having read this post....., I forgot, just how much I forgot, about how I lived in my previous life, so maybe there are a few things...., even if I can't get real stuffing inside the turkey, I would settle for "stove top stuffing". Cranberry sauce! Roast potatoes, oh this is just not fare! Pumpkin pie with ice cream!!!!

And yes, especially the left overs the next day!!!

Very well posted.

Papa Carl

You should be able to get the Cranberry sauce (canned at SNR, Puregold or Royal). I couldn't tell you about the Stove Top Stuffing. I would look at allrecipes.com and find a great recipe and just cook it. You can get frozen turkeys at the larger Grocery chains. 

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I have seen stove top stuffing some place here recently in Bacolod ..... maybe the new Ayala Metro Gasiano .... if so maybe they have it in other Gasiano's (sp?) ....... I remember because i told my asawa that I used to use that in the place of potatoes sometimes ... I just didn't buy any .... next time I'm there I'll take a look around ....

They opened a new Pure Gold here in Bacolod but they don't have any foreign foods there ..... nothing like their sister company S&R .... most ex-pats here that have gone said they just walked in and out with out buying anything so I know they don't have any stuffing ....  

:cheersty:

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
Stevetheheave
Posted
Posted

Hershey's is American & yeah it's embarrassing to call it chocolate. English chocolate ie galaxy & cadburys is little better. It's all about cocoa content, not sugar.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I would like a Ginsters Cornish pasty, but I can make something like it here. I tend not to think of the UK much except when I get crappy letters.

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted (edited)

I will miss dairy products (milk, cheese especially). Sometimes it's best to be lactose intolerant  :lol: . My list for the BB box of non perishables sent on ahead will have grits, mac/cheese, canned hams, McCormic seasoning packets of all kinds-and Choc powder to mix in with my powdered milk (I call blue milk). Other than that, well IMHO, John 1 has said it all.

Edited by Hey Steve

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

I also am a moo juice addict. I buy the milk that comes in card board containers, usually nestle brand. If you put it in the feezer for a bit and get it really cold, tastes really good. As for cheese, S&R usually has blocks of sharp chedder, montery jack and a couple of other types also. Some times I have also found chedder at shop wise and SM. Just depends if you happen to be there soon after a delivery. :thumbsup:

• Like 3