Tourist Visa Information

Search
Posted
Posted
The I card is very confusing as the government websites are mostly either just plain wrong and /or out of date. Mark, I think it will be some time before they introduce the 6 month requirement and physically give you a card. Certainly no one at Manduae is gearing up for it, indeed the lady who processed my card application was most insistant that you could only have one if you where a quota holder or 13a.
That very same lady - or one of her colleagues - gave me the same information but she also said that I Cards are being issued for 9(a) Visa Holders, but not for Visa Waivers, at BoI Intramuros. Go figure!Mark
FYI - It has been reported elsewhere that you can voluntarily get an ACR-I Card with a tourist visa now (Info from Manila Office). I was not able to get one at the Cebu Office 2 weeks ago. I wanted to use it to open an account at one of the larger banks. Search

ancienrocka
Posted
Posted
The I card is very confusing as the government websites are mostly either just plain wrong and /or out of date. Mark, I think it will be some time before they introduce the 6 month requirement and physically give you a card. Certainly no one at Manduae is gearing up for it, indeed the lady who processed my card application was most insistant that you could only have one if you where a quota holder or 13a.
That very same lady - or one of her colleagues - gave me the same information but she also said that I Cards are being issued for 9(a) Visa Holders, but not for Visa Waivers, at BoI Intramuros. Go figure!Mark
FYI - It has been reported elsewhere that you can voluntarily get an ACR-I Card with a tourist visa now (Info from Manila Office). I was not able to get one at the Cebu Office 2 weeks ago. I wanted to use it to open an account at one of the larger banks. Search
Hi Search,If you have any problems opening a bank account here let me know as I have opened many accounts for my clients with nothing more than a passport and, in the case of some banks such as HSBC, a large amount of money.RegardsPaul