lyno 47
Posted
Posted

thank you for the good advice

• Like 1

brock
Posted
Posted

SO, The answer is to let everybody and anybody sh&t on you.....Not for me I think

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Concerning home security I'm not fond of static iron bars, because they can be a trap in fires, But I have an idea - which I don't know if it's good or not :) It depend of how much it cost to make it strong enough.

A COMBINED:

/protect windows from flying objects in storms

/make it harder to break in

/suncover

but still let light in and get sight out, when want to.

A cover possible to open, with the hinge in the top, so when open it partly, then it cover against sun, but get light in and can look out,

Can be positioned in some different angles by some type of adjustable arms to get the wanted level of view/suncover.

When it's closed, then bolts go a bit into the room, enough long to be locked inside by wing screw-nuts for fast lock/unlock, or other nuts, if want to make it hard to open fast e g if going away long time. (There are even lockable nuts used on wheels, which can be used for this if want to, but I wouldn't bother to do it that hard myself, I believe, except perhaps to cover some business building.)

A problem: The holes where the bolts get inside can become doors for mosquitos and such :unsure: if not close them :)

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
SO, The answer is to let everybody and anybody sh&t on you.....Not for me I think

I thought the answer was to not associate with people who are liable to sh1t on you. Those kind come at you 4 on 1 so what you gonna do? Some are tough enough to take on 4 at a time but most of us ain't.

• Like 2

tiger31
Posted
Posted

when I go out shopping I never carry a wallet or cash I always let the g f carry the money as she,is tight as a ducks arse no one could get money from her lol hell I struggle to get my allowance out of her every week hahahaha .But it is true never draw attention to yourself here I where shorts n flip flops everywhere I go and blend in like the locals Life is very cheap here you can die for the a real stupid reason here usually with red horse involved .so many philippinos kill there friends or neighbours whilst having a drinking session then an argument ensues then bang there dead ,instead of sorting things out with a fist fight they will reach for the gun.

• Like 4

Dr. Cockroach
Posted
Posted (edited)

The biggest safety message I can give is

Treat ALL Filipinos with respect ALL of the time.

I see it more like, "treat EVERYBODY with respect ALL the time"... Filipinos or not, it really makes no difference? Do you think you'd get away with it if you insult a Greek for example? Or an Italian? They are 'Kanos' aren't they?

Safety wise, if anybody looks for bad things ANYWHERE, he/she will find it!

I am in Cebu now. I made a mistake in my laundry list to my disadvantage and the hotel lady corrected and lowered it on her own!

I went with a real-estate agent and she, on her own, decided to show me the city afterwards while paying for parking, etc. !?

I texted her to rent a driver and she gave me a contact who called me right away...

All one has to do is go to the Ayala terrace and he/she will see many 'kanos' in their 70s dragging an 18 year old Filipina behind them!

Are you going to tell me it's not going to make any Filipino angry?

It does to me and it is very disgusting. I am sorry. Don't say, but she's OK with it! Simply coz, YOU should know better Mr. Kano!

Who's giving who a bad reputation? The poor who have every valid reasons or the rich, or those who consider themselves rich?

Edited by Dr. Cockroach
  • Like 5

Julia
Posted
Posted

:unsure: Well, For me, it is simple, Don"t , ever, be in the wrong place, saying the wrong thing to the wrong person. at the wrong time.!! :)

:tiphat:

:th_exactly:

• Like 1

Julia
Posted
Posted
I struggle to get my allowance out of her every week

:mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

• Like 1