Super Typhoon Pablo Enters Visayas

tiger31
Posted
Posted

well just this minute seen the news and surigo del sur is in a state of calamity thats where our james musclewaite lives i think lets pray he and family is ok

• Like 1

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

any new news on typhoon and cebu. gf sent message on y messanger that typhoon now signal 2 she was at danao haven t been able to contact sincethat was midnight

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)

Computer malfunction... made double post.

WASN'T ME!!! :3_8_14[1]:

Edited by GregZ

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)
she was at danao

Is that Danao City, Cebu? If so, should be no problems there. It is just north of Cebu City.

I am in Cebu City. Just low winds and intermittent moderate rainfall here so far. Power was out a few hours ago for 20 minutes and the water stopped for a bit. :th_hu: I doubt it was storm related.

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 2

GregZ
Posted
Posted

http://www.gov.ph/crisis/typhoon-pablo/ Crisis Center

Typhoon Pablo Update: Eye of typhoon southeast of Dumaguete Complete Story

As of 5 p.m. of December 4, 2012, the eye of Typhoon Pablo was at 30 km southeast of Dumaguete City.

From what I have read and seen on TV there is a lot of damage on Mindinao. Lost of life is very low, but quite a few injuries. I hope the reports stay that good when they have good communication. :unsure:

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

finally got hold of girl friend at danao city and she is fine just rain there. thanks for reply gregz i appreciate you and the xpat forum. danao city s internet and como can be iffy at times and when i couldn t get info anywhere else you guys were on top of it giving me sites to go to for up dated info. this the best forum i ve found and will always look forward to discussions with your humor and sometimes friendly sarcasm

• Like 3

Dougbert
Posted
Posted

Seems like no major problems around Cebu City/Mactan area. My GF told me more about the ferry reports. Apparently the coast guard shut down a lot of ferry operations including forcing some ferries in-route to stop elsewhere. Her mother lives on Pangangan off of the SW side of Bohol and 17 ferries of all sizes were stopped there and at Tubigon yesterday. I guess the Cebu Strait was too rough for safe passage.

I also hope the loss of life was low on Mindanao. Looks like quite a bit of flooding occurred there.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes we suffered no damage at all and i had expected my plastic corrugated roof to become a giant sail and take off .... but it hardly even flapped in the wind ..... hardly no rain to speak of ....... had worst during thunderstorms .... we really dodged a bullet with this one ..... having lived in Florida for some 30 years I am VERY familiar with hurricanes .... in fact one year we had 4 that hit where I lived and we were with out power for 2 weeks .....

I don't fully understand why we didn't get any more of the storm than we did as everything pointed toward a nasty blow but I'm sure not complaining ..... the worst thing about a storm like that is people can become complacent and next time will ignore the warnings and preparations and that's how people get killed ..... my landlord didn't even know we were supposed to get a typhoon until we asked him if we could move our car under the cover ....... as it happened we didn't need to ... thank god ....

I hope for you that had to weather the storm you are all OK ..... :thumbsup: ...... :cheersty:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I don't fully understand why we didn't get any more of the storm than we did as everything pointed toward a nasty blow

Perhaps there is more to this higher power thing than we know:

• Like 1

Brad616
Posted
Posted
I don't fully understand why we didn't get any more of the storm than we did as everything pointed toward a nasty blow

Perhaps there is more to this higher power thing than we know:

Yea, we have the patron St of Mactan on an alter here at the house- my wife always says El Santo Nino ( me thinks :) ) Is his name protects them and sends the typhoons other directions

• Like 2