Second Thoughts?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I too have concerns about life here, and we have decided that it isn't for us. We will be moving to Panama when we can. The difference between Columbia and Panama is that Panama has a legal income stream, the canal. Sorry, but I just don't want to live in a country with as much violence as Columbia no matter how cheap it is. As far as a garden, my wife has been unable to grow much of anything here due to the poor soil.

Why not move to the Philippines instead? :santa_smiley:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
We will be moving to Panama when we can.

Say hello to Noriega for us. I hear they sent him back to Panama last year.

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

they only way to have your house and land would be to lease the land for say 50 years, build the house and never get married, but than it is harder to have a business with out a partner, i also have been in Panama but it was before we gave back the Canal, they might get another Noriega so travel light

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Panama has been trying to clean up it's act lately but there is still a long way to go. Politically (the taboo subject) I personally prefer the Philippines but, like I said, that's my Personal opinion. Many would disagree and have very valid points to offer. So if you aren't happy in the Philippines, then Panama is still a relatively decent place to go. Good luck sir and watch out for the West Nile Mosquitoes!

• Like 1

Curley
Posted
Posted

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking the Phils.................. just airing my doubts

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Found an apartment to rent for a month, can you match this at the price in Cebu?

You are looking for a hotel/apt suite and that is a higher end unit than the normal rentals we expats go for. But yes you can match that price. I think the Crown Regency on V Rama will give you under 1500 a night for their standard room if you book for a week or more so that is 45000 pesos a month and there are others who will also negotiate with you.

But if you found what you like somewhere else then go for it. I wish you all the best whichever you choose.

• Like 2

Curley
Posted
Posted
Found an apartment to rent for a month, can you match this at the price in Cebu?

You are looking for a hotel/apt suite and that is a higher end unit than the normal rentals we expats go for. But yes you can match that price. I think the Crown Regency on V Rama will give you under 1500 a night for their standard room if you book for a week or more so that is 45000 pesos a month and there are others who will also negotiate with you.

But if you found what you like somewhere else then go for it. I wish you all the best whichever you choose.

Crown regency for my dates Jan 10th for 30 days

USD

2,319.90 My apt in Colombia USD 1150 Admittedly the crown regency gives you a free breakfast but they also charge extra for wifi and local tel calls

A good quality hostal will cost around $300 for 30 days.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

You have to look at the right site :-)

http://www.asiatravel.com/en-us/hotels/philippines/cebu/crown_regency_residences_v_rama_cebu/index.html

Go to the bottom of the list and you will see it is only 1449 pesos with breakfast, except for Sinulog weekend

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

We like Panama, but we love the Philippines!

• Like 1