This Is One Of The Best Things That Happened To Me

brock
Posted
Posted

Bob , Their are guys in the Philippines who have been married for many years, And they will never have a chance of getting their wives to England, Even for a holiday...They have to proove that they will return to the Philippines, ie, Have a secure job, Plenty of money in the bank, own property and such like, Their Husband must have an anual inccome of 18,600 pounds, If they want to live in England they must also take an English test, But as Steve says if they are from Europe, No problem, dont even have to speak any English.

Our government are making it so hard for the Englishman who marries a Filipina.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

there is a funny story to add to this, two young girls from the phils, 1 is married to a englishman the other a polish man, the 1 married to the englishman cannot come to england with her husband until they go through the visa path, and the cost of that too, the other whos married to the polish man just walks into england with her husband, how crazy is that

• Like 3

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted
the only thing i did not know i had was a extra lover my then wife was playing about with, my life ended at that time, a messy divorce, lost the house, the usualy stuff us men seem to go through,

My favorite for these situations as I too have been there and done that.

Such a great choice of a song to help illustrate these things Mike...ya have to hang in there til about a minute into the song to get the full song picture..Cheers~~~

Markham
Posted
Posted

I wonder just how much difference it makes if you marry and stay in the Philippines for a couple years. Will your home Immigration services be easier on bringing your wife or does it hurt and cost just as much?

The UK is the only country I know of that positively discriminates against its own citizens who marry outside the European Economic Area. Getting married (say) in Philippines and staying here for a period of time before making the application for a spousal visa would have helped until Mrs Teresa May, the UK's Home Secretary, stuck her oar in earlier in the year. You now need to show annual earnings of at least 18,600 Pounds for the twelve month period immediately prior to making the application but if you're living here, you're possibly/probably not earning a decent enough salary and won't be paying taxes. If you're lucky enough to get a Visa, her Passport will be stamped "No recourse to public funds" and yet an itinerant from Eastern Europe can come to the UK, claim housing, unemployment and child benefits and live "off the social" quite legitimately.

And, by the way, that minimum salary requirement is very nearly double the National Minimum Wage. And yes, this policy does ride rough-shod over the "right to family life" enshrined in the UK's Human Rights Act.

• Like 3

stevewool
Posted
Posted

aint it great to be born british and live , work and raise a family here paying taxes and insurance, then you get a divorce and life is s---t, then you recover and fing you love from the phils, try to bring her here, well thats when you realize what you are and what you are worth, BUGGER ALL to this goverment, soon as i can i am off

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
thats when you realize what you are and what you are worth,

Its a problem with any of the 'First World' countries. As soon as you start getting past your prime you are worthless in the eyes of society and government. And yet there are still cultures who respect their elders. Hmm. Wonder where I can find one. :thumbs-up-smile:

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Same is true in the US ..... I am married but my asawa can't get any of my SS when I pass .... but yet illegals can sneak across the boarder and when they turn retirement age can get SS or get SSI disability for their kids that they bring with them .... but then they are voters where as my asawa will never go to the US to vote .... there are plenty of laws in place to keep overseas marriages from being used as a fraud ..... but as the country is broke and going down the tubes anyway I guess it really doesn't matter as SS will be long gone before she could get it anyway ..... hummmmmm ... maybe there is some justice in this world after all .... :christmas_emoticons_187: :28:

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

mike s oz is the same and its only getting worse,boat people arrive here all the time some are shipped to offshore processing but most are given money and a place to stay, medical +++ and the oap gets screwed again, remember do not lie, cheat, or steal the government hates the competition. cheers mate

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

and heres me just thinking its england thats going down the pan

• Like 1

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

stevewool no way oz is still a commonwealth country but if i fly to the u/k i enter in the alien line at imigration.it sucks so i refuse to go there anymore.and to be honest i cant wait to get out of oz the govt has screwed the country so bad the great aussie deram is a nightmare just like a lot of other countries cheers

• Like 1