This Is One Of The Best Things That Happened To Me

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I am married but my asawa can't get any of my SS when I pass .... but yet illegals can sneak across the boarder and when they turn retirement age can get SS or get SSI disability for their kids that they bring with them

That sounds slightly misleading. When I looked into it for any American friend who passed away I found out that because he was married for 5 years and had children with her, his wife and kids would automatically be granted admission to the US within a certain amount of time after he passed. Thus the wife could work there and get her own SS and the kids would continue to get his SS until they reached 18 when they could go get a job and get their own benefits. However, I don't see many filipinas taking advantage of that. They want the money from the US but there are not as many as you might think that take the opportunity to go when it is staring them in the face.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
When I looked into it for any American friend who passed away I found out that because he was married for 5 years and had children with her, his wife and kids would automatically be granted admission to the US within a certain amount of time after he passed.

The law was changed in 2009, there is no time requirement for how long the marriage lasted; previously, the requirement was 2 years of marriage. You have two years from the date of the spouse's death to file for permanent residency.

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

mike s oz is the same and its only getting worse,boat people arrive here all the time some are shipped to offshore processing but most are given money and a place to stay, medical +++ and the oap gets screwed again, remember do not lie, cheat, or steal the government hates the competition. cheers mate

I told my finance that it would be easier to put her on a boat and go through Malaysia and then down to the top of Aussie, she would be there within a month and would have all the government support and citizenship within a short time. :)

Actually I'm thinking of going through New Zealand since I have duel citizenship for oz & NZ. I think it's a bit easier to get her to NZ and then we get a free entry into aussie after that...

My fiancee asked me to put her in a suitcase, in fact she would nearly get away with it but the only problem is the freight room is probably freezing and she might be bumped around in the luggage area as my guitar case was even broken with fragile stickers.... it was very hard to leave her a few days ago, tears flowing down her face, "please don't leave me, please"... :(

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 3

lyno 47
Posted
Posted

adventurer if you can get her in that way via n/z then go that way, a close friend from the phils lives here with his wife and 3 kids he wanted his mother inlaw to come to see her grand kids it took him over 2 years and over 10,000Aud for a visa to stay for 6 months it really sucks mate, the boat people arrive and get well looked after but the govt makes it almost impossible for aussies to bring there partner here.the filipinas here are honest hard working good citizens,fit in well cause no problems .the boat people burn down the centres go on hunger strikes cause all sorts of problems coz they think they should be processed straight away, and there are people who have applied in the right way and wait for years to get here,i think the govt should process them first.dont get me wrong i am not against people wanting a better life from there war torn country but as we say here fair go mate first in first served you and i as aussies should not have to put up with all the s&&t our govt dishes out coz you want to bring a loved one to your country cheers mate and i hope you can get here here :cheersty:

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I hate to see posts like this as it just reminds me of how little our countries think about us.

It seems that, if your spouse is not the type of person the government has listed as what they want to see entering the country, then your spouse isn't going to get in. So is your spouse an Doctor? Engineer? Accountant?

I don't even want to think if the Philippines became this difficult to visit!!

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Its a problem with any of the 'First World' countries. As soon as you start getting past your prime you are worthless in the eyes of society and government. And yet there are still cultures who respect their elders. Hmm. Wonder where I can find one.

In Sweden we get mixed messages.

/Few want to employ people over 50,

/at the same time the prime minister talk about RAISING the comparingly allready high retirement age (65) to even over 70, because the retired part of the population start becoming to big compared to the working part - But why change the retirement age, when there are many unemployed already?... :kidding:

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

adventurer if you can get her in that way via n/z then go that way, a close friend from the phils lives here with his wife and 3 kids he wanted his mother inlaw to come to see her grand kids it took him over 2 years and over 10,000Aud for a visa to stay for 6 months it really sucks mate, the boat people arrive and get well looked after but the govt makes it almost impossible for aussies to bring there partner here.the filipinas here are honest hard working good citizens,fit in well cause no problems .the boat people burn down the centres go on hunger strikes cause all sorts of problems coz they think they should be processed straight away, and there are people who have applied in the right way and wait for years to get here,i think the govt should process them first.dont get me wrong i am not against people wanting a better life from there war torn country but as we say here fair go mate first in first served you and i as aussies should not have to put up with all the s&&t our govt dishes out coz you want to bring a loved one to your country cheers mate and i hope you can get here here :cheersty:

totally agree mate and yeah I also don't mind the boat people wanting to live here but as long as they look after us first. My Dad and grandparents both went to war for Aussie but that means very little, it's all about being PC to the voters of today.

Anyway, I have not tried to get her yet as I'm not in the position right now but I'm Working on that and when I apply to get her here they better not screw me around as all hell will break loose, it will go viral on Youtube, I will take it to the TV stations, I will write to newspapers and start protests to parliament if I have to. I will not stand for any bs from the government if they much me around. Then again I might go through NZ anyway so maybe there is no need for a revolution yet lol....

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I am married but my asawa can't get any of my SS when I pass

For Sweden: I'm not sure about foreign wifes (I believe maximum 1 year support to any wife anyway)

but biological children get some percentage of my (expected) retirement pay until they are 18 years old, at least if register them for double citizenship. (I believe it's 35 % if one child, 25 % each if have a few.)

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
But why change the retirement age, when there are many unemployed already?

If its like Canada then the government funds a pension plan for all citizens. If they start paying out at a higher age then they don't have to pay out as much. but I bet their premiums do not go down.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
But why change the retirement age, when there are many unemployed already?

If its like Canada then the government funds a pension plan for all citizens. If they start paying out at a higher age then they don't have to pay out as much. but I bet their premiums do not go down.

But in Sweden it don't make any big difference if they pay retirement pay or unemployment pay :) It isn't obligatoric, but at least almost all the middle aged/old have habbit paying unemployment insurance through unions, but it's founded mostly by taxes.

• Like 1