13A New Requirement

mariposa
Posted
Posted

update for you people.

The Bureau of Immigration Manila needs the following docs. when applying for 13a: Sure it will be implemented too in Bi Subport offices:

1. Bank Certificate in the Philippines (can be joint account or account of your wife)

2. Police Clearance from your Home/country (to be authenticated in DFA or in Phil. Embassy.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Great to know! Thanks!

We haven't seen you around for a while. Everything going well for you I hope?

:541:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thats interesting because first world countries are not police states. If someone from Canada, for example, asked the police for some kind of clearance certificate he would undoubtedly get a farcical paper that states he is a good fellow, signed by Master Bates.

EDIT: I want to thank Economizta for keeping us informed of information like this. But I also want to comment on how Draconian the Philippine bureaucracy is. By Canadian law, if you live with someone for a year she is your spouse, simple as that. Compare that to the BS in this country and you soon realize why some of us just live together and file as a tourist. Others go to Hong Kong or Thailand and come back married. I'm the kind of guy who votes with his feet. If I don't like what is happening I just opt out or leave. So far opting out of the 13a scam is working for me. It does mean, however, that now I have to listen to the guys whine in the coffee shops about having more hoops to jump through. Perhaps they like jumping through hoops but I'll just say No.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

mariposa
Posted
Posted

Great to know! Thanks!

We haven't seen you around for a while. Everything going well for you I hope?

:541:

yes sir.. been so busy doing foot works blah blah hehe lots of clients the tourism industry in the Philippines is quiet good and I opened a new store The Ellen's Shop RTW. How are you too? How's everyone? Miz yah all.

cheers

• Like 1

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

The problem with the Clearance in the USA, depends on if they want state police clearance or FBI, state no problem they go in Computer and run your name and number , now FBI requires fingerprints and a lot more trouble and if sent to an individual would not state it is accurate or has not been altered, i don't see the reason for a Police Clearance, in the USA you cannot get a passport if wanted or warrant for your arrest, the only way a background check would be good is if the Philippine Gov requested it and was delivered to them.

• Like 3

Okieboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I also found out if required FBI you need the fingerprint card and be printed at police or who ever, then it is sent to the FBI then and there with required postage, i think this is another way for BOI to make a little money doing fingerprints the cost is about $18 and takes 3 or 4 weeks depending where you are, they have FBI office in Manila maybe they can do it there, or in Guam

the bank statement has always been required

Edited by Okieboy
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted

When I got my 13a no bank statement was required 5 years ago ..... maybe they just want to know how much they can tap you for ..... :hystery: :hystery: ..... I would just get a small savings account and keep the minimum in it .... no need for the cat to be licking the cream off his face while he looks at your bank statement .... :mocking: ..... :cheersty:

Hummmmmm wonder if this will apply when you renew your 13a ...... ????????????????????????????

• Like 2

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted

When I got my 13a no bank statement was required 5 years ago ..... maybe they just want to know how much they can tap you for ..... :hystery: :hystery: ..... I would just get a small savings account and keep the minimum in it .... no need for the cat to be licking the cream off his face while he looks at your bank statement .... :mocking: ..... :cheersty:

Hummmmmm wonder if this will apply when you renew your 13a ...... ????????????????????????????

Mike, 13A's are permanant once you clear the 1 year probationary period. It's the ACR-I card that needs to be renewed every 5 years. The cost is US $50 (Peso Equiv). Plus ECC & Exp fee P1010 I think.
  • Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Thank you sir ..... I thought I had read somewhere that your asawa had to produce another letter stating she still wanted you .. :hystery: ... and be interviewed again ...... sure glad that was wrong ..... not sure I could get that letter again .... :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

Hey do you know if we can get that done in Ilo-Ilo ..... or do I have to come back here to Cebu ....

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I thought I had read somewhere that your asawa had to produce another letter stating she still wanted you .. ...

If she doesn't want me can I pick another one that does? Can I? Huh? Pleeeeeeeease :hystery:

• Like 5