13A New Requirement

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

update for you people.

The Bureau of Immigration Manila needs the following docs. when applying for 13a: Sure it will be implemented too in Bi Subport offices:

1. Bank Certificate in the Philippines (can be joint account or account of your wife)

2. Police Clearance from your Home/country (to be authenticated in DFA or in Phil. Embassy.

Can you show us any written evidence of this as I am still waiting for the 30 day visa the tourism minister announced some time back, or was that 60 days?

• Like 2

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

I also found out if required FBI you need the fingerprint card and be printed at police or who ever, then it is sent to the FBI then and there with required postage, i think this is another way for BOI to make a little money doing fingerprints the cost is about $18 and takes 3 or 4 weeks depending where you are, they have FBI office in Manila maybe they can do it there, or in Guam

the bank statement has always been required

There is a past topic or post on obtaining the FBI RECORD .

but i am not able to find it, if someone can locate and post the link

It can be helpful to those who need to know what this entails.

• Like 2

Okieboy
Posted
Posted (edited)

I guess the Philippines requires you to have exit clearance after six months and thinks the rest of the world does also, if you are wanted by the FBI you wont be able to fly out of your home country, i don't think this will fly here, if you order your own background check (why would you) someone in Philippine authority would have to be incharge to make sure it is not forged, they would have to take the fingerprints and send it to the FBI and also receive the report direct, it is like the consent to marry from the US, there are no records that the Government collect so you have an affidaved instead,

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.ht…

Edited by Okieboy
  • Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Getting a Police clearance from your home country sounds like ignorance to me. Whoever made that new requirement only knows about their little world.

Anyway, I just completed my Permanent 13A Visa today at Immigration and will come back in one month to pick up my ACR I-card. I had to wait three months for the Probationary ACR I-card to be printed. A letter from my wife was required for the Probationary and Permanent 13A. And, I have never been required to submit a bank statement. Nothing has ever been mentioned about money except for the fees I had to pay. This was all done in Cebu so the requirements could be different in other locations.

• Like 3

Markham
Posted
Posted (edited)

If there's now a requirement for Police Clearances then Britons won't be be able to apply for a 13(a). The British Police no longer issue such - and haven't done so for many years - but there is an agency that does, the Criminal Records Bureau. The problem is that one can not apply to the CRB for one's own Clearance, they can only be obtained by accredited British employers and other organisations (such as a registered Charity). They are, however, very comprehensive and valuable; needless to say, the Data Protection Act does apply.

Edited by Markham
  • Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I read about this quite a while ago. It was one of the suggestions made when the FBI was working with the Philippines concerning American fugitives. Right after that all those Taiwanese and Chinese were deported and it was found that many of them were wanted by the police in their home countries. I think what they are looking for is proof that you are not a fugitive from your home country - how ever that is best to prove according to your native country I have no idea.

The bank part was already required. "Proof of financial capacity" was the term and is usually shown by the money going into a bank account. A pension statement is also fine though I have been told that they do prefer to see a bank account available regardless of what funds are in it at the time.

• Like 2

mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

No written evidence yet... but sure they will so don't be shock when you go to Bi and thought you complete all the docs and ready to lodge then they will tell you have a lacking docs... The police clearance also needs to be authenticate to your embassy then to DFA.(coz all documents submitted from other country needs to be authenticated)

I dont know how to post pics again here ...hayz. nways...

Edited by ekonomizta
  • Like 2

Mike S
Posted
Posted
he bank part was already required. "Proof of financial capacity" was the term and is usually shown by the money going into a bank account. A pension statement is also fine though I have been told that they do prefer to see a bank account available regardless of what funds are in it at the time.

Again ... sorry that was not a requirement for us ...... years ago you had to have proof of income .... a complete physical and other requirements but that has changed ..... at least for me they did .... why would they tack the police clearance on to a 13a ..... if they want to really catch he criminals attach it to any stay over 30 days ...... I hope they don't think that getting married to a Filipina is going to be the first thoughts to a person hiding from the law ..... they will just get here and do as almost ALL do and that is escape into the woodwork and not be applying for a 13a or any type visa just hide in the province somewhere ..... that's what I would do .... IMHO ...... :thumbsup: .... :cheersty:

• Like 3

MikeB
Posted
Posted

I just went through this a month ago. There is a bank statement requirement. I brought along pension and foreign statements but they were only interested in the local account. There is no police clearance requirement that the applicant has to provide.

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

I have recently converted my one-year 13(a) to a permanent one here in Davao where there was no requirement for either proof of financial standing nor was I asked to provide Police Clearance. However the rules may vary according to nationality and the BI office you use.

• Like 2