13A New Requirement

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The financial requirement is stated as "Proofs of financial capacity of applicant and/or petitioner during their permanent residence in the Philippines." Doesn't specify bank statement but that's what I used. YMMV.

http://immigration.g...id=26&Itemid=35 - #8 under 13(A)

• Like 2

Americano
Posted
Posted

When my wife needs proof of income she just gives them a copy of my Passport and they are happy. The Philippines is a strange country. Filipinos believe all foreigners are rich.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Not odd if the Philippines want to avoid geting hard criminals into their country staying long time, Perhaps the politicians don't want competitions :mocking:

(I haven't checked in many years, but many years back it was easy to get a document what Swedish police have noted of yourself =Normaly a speed ticket or such :)

So far opting out of the 13a scam is working for me.

What's scam with it?

(I read through the VISA rules roughly a year ago, just checking if it was easy enough to get permit to stay long time, and what I found then it's rather easy after marry, easy otherwice too, but inconvinient if not travel abroad regularly anyway, which I don't want to.)

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I have been out of my HOME country for over 15 years. as Dave said, getting a police clearance from a non police state/Country is not an easy thing, to obtain. and may well be mickey mouse. ( bit like a credit rating, if you don't owe anyone, No credit rating. so where do you start. :tiphat: I do have one from Spain BUT it is written in Spanish and not acceptable.

:tiphat:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
( bit like a credit rating, if you don't owe anyone, No credit rating. so where do you start. I do have one from Spain BUT it is written in Spanish and not acceptable.

I suppose a new enough Spanish one, you can get translated outiriced to English.

And I suppose if you have been away many years from your home country, then your police record don't have any bad notes - at least not during that period :mocking:

(Concerning credit rating, an important part of that is not having any notes of depts not paid in time during the last X years (I guess bad notes disappear after different long time in different countries.) But hard for people to show enough high income, if they get some of their income black :) and need to have enough income to pay the loan anyway. But some deciders don't understand some of us are economical and can live good at rather low income too :/ Back when I earned as best, I didn't spend more than Swedish "existense minimum" mostly anyway, but mostly during that period I had appartment, vacation house, 2 cars, sailing boat, billiard... still not spend more than what some others can't manage to live at... )

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have been out of my HOME country for over 15 years. as Dave said, getting a police clearance from a non police state/Country is not an easy thing, to obtain. and may well be mickey mouse. ( bit like a credit rating, if you don't owe anyone, No credit rating. so where do you start. :tiphat: I do have one from Spain BUT it is written in Spanish and not acceptable.

:tiphat:

Apparently you can get police clearance in the Uk but you have to be there and it takes about 40 days. That is one option I won`t be taking as I don`t want to go back to the UK.
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I did some checking for Australians and the police clearance must be conducted by the Federal police. http://www.afp.gov.au/what-we-do/police-checks/national-police-checks.aspx

Its worth noting that for situations like overseas employment or visa the "spent" scheme apply's where if you have no criminal convictions recorded from the past 10 years or if you did have prior they will not show on the report. It says from the date that one was found guilty of an offence.

The actual report has several security features embedded into the paper so beats me why it would need to be authenticated.

• Like 2

Markham
Posted
Posted

Apparently you can get police clearance in the Uk but you have to be there and it takes about 40 days. That is one option I won`t be taking as I don`t want to go back to the UK.

Erm no. Please see my reply #15 in this thread for why you can not do this. But you are correct in that you do need to be in the UK and that it takes around 30-40 days to issue one.
  • Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted

I did some checking for Australians and the police clearance must be conducted by the Federal police. http://www.afp.gov.a...ice-checks.aspx

Its worth noting that for situations like overseas employment or visa the "spent" scheme apply's where if you have no criminal convictions recorded from the past 10 years or if you did have prior they will not show on the report. It says from the date that one was found guilty of an offence.

The actual report has several security features embedded into the paper so beats me why it would need to be authenticated.

The requirement to have it authenticated means you have to pay a fee for authentication. All transactions done at any level of government in the Philippines is about money. There's a fee for everything.

• Like 2