13A New Requirement

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

I got a 13G visa last September. Guess I beat the deadline for the bullsh&t new laws. It was relatively painless, the worst part being it took 6-8 trips to the BOI in Manduae Ctiy. So now I am a permanant resident of the Philippines with no probationary period. A 13G is an Immigrant visa, so perhaps I am stuck here...lol.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

Apparently you can get police clearance in the Uk but you have to be there and it takes about 40 days. That is one option I won`t be taking as I don`t want to go back to the UK.

Erm no. Please see my reply #15 in this thread for why you can not do this. But you are correct in that you do need to be in the UK and that it takes around 30-40 days to issue one.

Maybe you are correct but My friend has been on the police website and it says you can get a police clearance. But like everything else you don`t find out till you try.I will not be going down this road as I don`t want to go to the UK for 1 day let alone 30-40 days. I will be doing balikbayan stamps with my wife.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

I was curious what people from the UK could do so I used my trusty Google to find the following. I hope some of this might help!

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

https://www.askthe.police.uk/content/Q542.htm

Thanks Bob!

I'd quite forgotten about "Subject Access Requests" which, simply put, is a request for information about oneself held on Police computers and satisfies the Police's Data Protection Act obligations. The "Police Certificate" looks to be an enhanced version of the SAR specifically tailored to meet the needs of certain countries' immigration requirements.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
mariposa
Posted
Posted (edited)

An up date to this post.

However there are countries who ddnt issue a Police Clearance to their citizens. The hearing officer for 13a will determine if the applicant requires to get a Police Clearance from country of origin if the applicant doesnt requires they only ask for NBI clearance in lieu of Police clearance. A police clearance will ask by the hearing officer depends on the nationality of the applicant.

Source: Have a client a Singaporean national, applying for 13a. Hearing officer ddnt ask for police clearance but NBI instead.

Note: BI didn't issue a complete list of nationals who don't require a police clearance.

Edited by MikeB
remove duplicate lines
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
mariposa
Posted
Posted

an update to this post.. dunno if its sounds good for you people or not. For convenience. Police clearance can be waived... but...

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

an update to this post.. dunno if its sounds good for you people or not. For convenience. Police clearance can be waived... but...

OK ...... I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop ........... :mocking: :hystery: :cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I think it means you need to drop another peso, not another shoe.

• Like 3

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I think it means you need to drop another peso, not another shoe.

:hystery: :hystery: :hystery: :tiphat: ...... please .... tell me it isn't so ...... :mocking: :cheersty:

mariposa
Posted
Posted

I suggest... to those new applicant for 13a, better to get a police clearance. Takes time but worth it.

• Like 1

mariposa
Posted
Posted

update for you people.

The Bureau of Immigration Manila needs the following docs. when applying for 13a: Sure it will be implemented too in Bi Subport offices:

1. Bank Certificate in the Philippines (can be joint account or account of your wife)

2. Police Clearance from your Home/country (to be authenticated in DFA or in Phil. Embassy.

update for you people.

The Bureau of Immigration Manila needs the following docs. when applying for 13a: Sure it will be implemented too in Bi Subport offices:

1. Bank Certificate in the Philippines (can be joint account or account of your wife)

2. Police Clearance from your Home/country (to be authenticated in DFA or in Phil. Embassy.

13a new application (PROBATIONARY 1 YEAR)