Brief Description Of 13A Visa Process In Cebu:

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
On 1/8/2018 at 8:10 AM, Gary D said:

How do you do your annual reporting here when you are dead, or do have to get someone to do it for you.:huh:

You will probably have to pay extra for the waivers! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

You will stop being an alien when you choose to be Filipino.

You will never be a Filipino. I am on a 13a. I am a permanent resident.  Still and alien, but a permanent resident alien - not Filipino. MY ACR card says alien... Alien Certification of Registration (ACR).  We will always be guests. Welcome guests, maybe, but guests nonetheless. :tiphat:

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

You can own a whole business

And where do you get that idea from? 

• Like 1

Gary D
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It is possible but very expensive and many regulations. You would probably be required to opporate in an export zone.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/16/2018 at 9:37 PM, Gary D said:

You would probably be required to opporate in an export zone.

Yes, I think there are many 100% foreign owned business' in the Subic Bay Freeport.  They are called Locators.  I have no idea why.

Koreans in particular own small businesses that basically only cater to Koreans, so I assume they are 100% Korean owned.  Not sure if Koreans have special privileges.

• Like 1

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The law. The 40-60 rule only applies to foreigners.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, DonnyQ said:

The law. The 40-60 rule only applies to foreigners.

If you are a 13a you are still a foreigner. 13a or any other visa does not make you a citizen. 

• Like 1

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I think there are many 100% foreign owned business' in the Subic Bay Freeport.  They are called Locators.  I have no idea why.

Koreans in particular own small businesses that basically only cater to Koreans, so I assume they are 100% Korean owned.  Not sure if Koreans have special privileges.

Then there is this guy in the business park near my house ...  :shock_40_anim_gif:

http://samperkinzblog.com/dayuhang-kupal-sa-subic-nakatapat-ng-pinay-na-lumaban-sa-kanya/

I don't own a business, and don't have a link, but the BI gave me a list of rights for immigrants. One of them was 100% business ownership. That is why during the interview they drill you on if you own any companies.

• Like 1

DonnyQ
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

If you are a 13a you are still a foreigner. 13a or any other visa does not make you a citizen. 

Nope. 13a gives you an ICR. You no longer need a visa. You are still a non-citizen, but not a foreigner. You become a Resident Alien. The laws that apply to foreigners mostly do not apply to you. Just like the "Sa Immigration Magsumbong" program. Where they can report a foreigner by text message and have them deported and make 1,000 pesos. Can't do that to immigrants.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, DonnyQ said:

Nope. 13a gives you an ICR. You no longer need a visa. You are still a non-citizen, but not a foreigner. You become a Resident Alien. The laws that apply to foreigners mostly do not apply to you. Just like the "Sa Immigration Magsumbong" program. Where they can report a foreigner by text message and have them deported and make 1,000 pesos. Can't do that to immigrants.

Very confusing; :89: Maybe you've got the wrong end of the stick when you are reading the law. 60/40 rule applies for businesses unless you are a company then there is hoopes to jump through. In the environment that is in the PI's about businesses at the moment, I'd stick to the letter of the law unless your sick of living in the PI's and you certainly will get deported, no if's or but's. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Jollygoodfellow locked this topic