Looking For A Nice Rural Province Near Cebu.

mbilich89
Posted
Posted
Hello,

My fiance and I are looking for a nice rural province to call home there in Philippines. She is from Davao City in Mindanao. We went there together to see her family in November 2012, and for me, there are waay to many people there for my likes. I am from a town of 9,000 population in rural Kentucky, USA. I've asked my fiance about this and she really is not sure of locations there in Philippines.

I am looking for a similar land to that of Kentucky's. I am looking for a house, with land enough to farm vegetables and fruits, in a nice rural province that is safe. I heard many of the rural provinces in Mindanao are not safe... She said that she has family who lives in a town called Mabini there Mindanao. She said there is a population of less than 1,000 there. Shes been there before as a child and really knows nothing more about it.

I am looking for a rural province, about 30 minutes to 1 hour away from a city... nice and safe for my fiance and I... where i can farm vegetables and fruits in peace. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe close to Cebu? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mike B.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

We have members from Cagayan D'Oro and they sure say nice things about it.  Where I am would be too far for you but if I had to move I would look at CDO and Dumaguete.  Really there are lots of nice places as you describe but the more that is written about them the more popular they are so it is best to travel around and find a spot you like.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Hello,

My fiance and I are looking for a nice rural province to call home there in Philippines. She is from Davao City in Mindanao. We went there together to see her family in November 2012, and for me, there are waay to many people there for my likes. I am from a town of 9,000 population in rural Kentucky, USA. I've asked my fiance about this and she really is not sure of locations there in Philippines.

I am looking for a similar land to that of Kentucky's. I am looking for a house, with land enough to farm vegetables and fruits, in a nice rural province that is safe. I heard many of the rural provinces in Mindanao are not safe... She said that she has family who lives in a town called Mabini there Mindanao. She said there is a population of less than 1,000 there. Shes been there before as a child and really knows nothing more about it.

I am looking for a rural province, about 30 minutes to 1 hour away from a city... nice and safe for my fiance and I... where i can farm vegetables and fruits in peace. Does anyone have any ideas? Maybe close to Cebu? Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Mike B.

i find that too when asking my wife about different places, i have know idea about that steve, she says,

and when she does name a place expecting me to know where it is , i reply , i have no idea where that is Ems

Americano
Posted
Posted

I believe each person has to find the location that they will be happy with. Everyone has different likes and dislikes. Just travel around a bit staying a day or two at each location.

There are maps of the Philippines on the Internet and maps are sold in the National Book Store which is in the major malls.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Take a 1/2 day trip. WITH your wife, talk to the jeepney route drivers and ask about farming land. Then ride the jeepney out and look around and then catch a ride back.

This way you see the route, travel times, land going out and land in the destination area and how far to a store, local trasportation and the like.  Car Car is a good starting place and then the jeepney rides inland from there. Google Earth!!!!!!!

Once you see an area you like... hire a real estate person / attorney to do the rest and you HIDE. If your white face is seen, the price goes way up, well beyond what you may pay the real estate person.

TITLED LAND is the shortest route to ownership.......

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Forum, Mike. Your fiancee should know that within Davao city limits there are a number of rural areas with farming communities, for example Tugbuk and Ula both located on/near the main highway from the city proper to Bukidnon. It is possible to find larger lots here - say 5,000 to 10,000 sq metres from around Php500/sq. metre. And yes, it's very safe and the soil is much better than you'll find on Cebu which is mainly limestone.

• Like 4

Jake
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the Forum, Mike. Your fiancee should know that within Davao city limits there are a number of rural areas with farming communities, for example Tugbuk and Ula both located on/near the main highway from the city proper to Bukidnon. It is possible to find larger lots here - say 5,000 to 10,000 sq metres from around Php500/sq. metre. And yes, it's very safe and the soil is much better than you'll find on Cebu which is mainly limestone.

Another excellent boots on the ground report Markham!  No wonder we have a peak of 

new memberships joining this wonderful and crazy forum.

Thank you sir -- Jake

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

It is possible to find larger lots here - say 5,000 to 10,000 sq metres from around Php500/sq. metre. And yes, it's very safe and the soil is much better than you'll find on Cebu which is mainly limestone.

P500 a square meter! I better rethink the value of our family farm. The appraiser told me it was P325 a square meter for beautiful higher elevation farmland less than 75 kilometer from the Manila International Airport. We also have 1,000 matured mango trees, 400 coconuts, 1,500 calamansi and about ten other varieties of fruits including nangka, guyabano, star fruit and guava. There is a river through the property and a mountain stream on one boundary. Maybe we are better off subdividing into 1,000 square meter lots for weekend farmers.

• Like 2

mbilich89
Posted
Posted

Thank you all for all of the replies and the warm welcome!

Yes, I had figured that the best route in finding the right land would be to travel around myself... Just wondered if any of you had some places in mind that I could check out. I will keep in mind of these locations you guys have mentioned and do more research. Thank you also Markham, my fiance mentioned there are rural areas close there to Davao, but like Steve said, knows nothing more about it than that... haha and yeah Bruce, my girl mentioned that also... For me to Hide! haha

all information is much appreciated! 

GregZ
Posted
Posted (edited)
Hello,
  My fiance and I are looking for a nice rural province to call home there in Philippines. ..

If you think you might like Cebu then north or south of the city and have a look.  I've mostly only been on the National Highway, but both directions looked nice.  North of Cebu City, Consolacion area looked really nice as far as available transportation and commerce there.  If there is some land available it would be good to consider.  You may have to go further north, maybe Danao City and up to Carmen.  I just saw this from the passenger seat on the way to Tebuelan; Carmen seemed to be the furthest you'd want to go north. 

It takes about 2 hours to get all the way to Tebuelan from Cebu City.  That is a bit far from what you describe as wanting, but I found the place to be beautiful and just a bit remote.  You won't find a city of 9,000 out there.  About soil quality: CLUELESS  :th_hu: I think your location is the most important part... you can condition the soil, unless it is rock or sand?

Happy Hunting. :thumbsup:

EDIT:  I just talked with my lady and based on that discussion... you might be happy on Bohol somewhere.  You can be close to Tagbilaran and find quite reasonable land prices.  I still don't know about quality, but it is more flat there.  When I visited there where plenty of crops growing, corn & rice.  Cebu island has a lot of mountains/big hills as soon as you leave the coastline.  They get higher prices when you go up and get a view.

Edited by GregZ
  • Like 1