Looking For A Nice Rural Province Near Cebu.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

from what little i have seen from my visits to the philippines and may i remind you its only 2, Bohol is the place for me, but i want peace and not mass crowds

• Like 2

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

It is possible to find larger lots here - say 5,000 to 10,000 sq metres from around Php500/sq. metre. And yes, it's very safe and the soil is much better than you'll find on Cebu which is mainly limestone.

P500 a square meter! I better rethink the value of our family farm. The appraiser told me it was P325 a square meter for beautiful higher elevation farmland less than 75 kilometer from the Manila International Airport. We also have 1,000 matured mango trees, 400 coconuts, 1,500 calamansi and about ten other varieties of fruits including nangka, guyabano, star fruit and guava. There is a river through the property and a mountain stream on one boundary. Maybe we are better off subdividing into 1,000 square meter lots for weekend farmers.

Wow, Sounds like a nice place.

ibemarshall
Posted
Posted (edited)

If the slate is clear, you might consider researching each of the provinces online and noting which might be considerations.  Safey, provincial governance, availability of medical care/internet/shopping and transportation are some of things on my list.

If you are interested in provincial exploration you might check out this site: Provinces of the Philippines

~Best of Luck to You and Yours ~ Welcome to the Forum~

Edited by ibemarshall
  • Like 4

Adventurer
Posted
Posted (edited)

To add a spanner in the works I would like to recommend not south or North but how about West Cebu. Go towards the top mountain up through Busay and then on your way to West mountains and hills, very beautiful growing valleys, markets, fruit and veggies and clean air... ;)

Plus you are out of the city in 15 minutes, North or South you never really get out of Cebu city for a long time, especially South until you go past car car. This just gives you more options...

Edited by Adventurer
  • Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

There is a forum member, Pedra who lives in Badian which is on the other coast, north and west of Cebu city who may be available to give you more information. If you want her contact information, let me know because she is not on the forum every day.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I am looking for a rural province, about 30 minutes to 1 hour away from a city... nice and safe for my fiance and I... where i can farm vegetables and fruits in peace.

I have never been in Kentucky, but I can see at map it's partly farmland, partly hill or mountain forests.

E g

/Bohol have such in other parts than southwest of the island. Guerilla have proclaimed it being "guerilla free zone". Don't know about security from criminals if living issolated there. Some says much problem, some says no problem   :hystery:   I mean concerning risk of violence risk. We need to expect big theft risk in such very poor countries. Some kanos have told they get rid of garbage by put it outside and then it's stolen   :hystery:

/In Misamis Oriental, where Cagayan de Oro is, most forests are cut down, but just beside in Bukidnon it's much forest left.

500p/sqm

At Bohol the Phili government have project trying to make it the rice metropol of Phili, by building dams and irrigation network. Such land they have sold to Filipins for only 40p/sqm. Some sell further for such prices too. Not irrigated land can be bought for less, Hilly landscapes can be bought for 15-20p/sqm and sometimes even less, some of them with sea view from the hills. (Just beside ocean cost more normaly.)

It's rather common Filipinas say "It's not dangerous in my province, but in XX (=a bit away) there they are dangerous"   :hystery:  so hard to know what's true without living there first. That's a good reason to do as many say =Rent (first).

Concerning 1 hour drive to city, it's much people in the Philippines, so they have at least one city/town in each province. So if you settle down beside an OK road, you can surely reach a town/city within less than one hour in whole Phili.  It's just around 100 km to cross whole Bohol down to Tagbilaran where you have both main airport and ferry port. On the north side of the island you have smaller ferries having short distance to Cebu.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
relcarve25
Posted
Posted

Hi Mike! - Just to open up another possible location for you my wife and I have a small house and 4 hectares of land in S. Leyte. Leyte is a very interesting place and has several medium sized cities which are not too bad to visit. Not like Cebu because they are more rural and the further you get from the biggest Cities like Manila, Cebu or Davao City the less development takes place. (power and graft.)

There are a lot of daily ferries from Cebu to Ormoc City which is quite nice. My wife grew up there and I have been many times. A bit further south you have Maasin, BayBay, Bato and Hilongos. There are ferries to these places also. Our land is up in the hills above Bato and the land is very beautiful with fertile soil. A small stream around most of the land helps with irrigation but Deep Wells are a good idea. We have planted 500 Gmelina trees and 200 mahogany which grow well. Mangos and Guava etc also flourish there.. I have lived in the hills for several years and never encountered any danger. Rumours of NPA activity have not materialised into any problems for us and I travel round the region a lot by myself on local transport with no problem.I have learned quite a lot of Cebuano,- which helps. Anyway the NPA are not the same bad buggers as the Abu Sayyaf- they are more like a local peoples group which like to target the corrupt officials and police etc. It takes about 3 hours to get to Cebu from where we live.   Just trying to open another possible door.  Best of luck.  Chris McG.

• Like 5

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mike,

A lot of good advice here.  Also, if you want to see some land about 1 1/2 hours South of Cebu City my wife and I purchased a lot about 7 klm West from Carcar which is in the hills where the air is fresh and cleaner than in the cities and in the process of finding our lot we found some other lots for sale too.  If you visit Carcar we will be happy to show you the lots we know about here. RL Apartments is a hotel in town where you can stay for I believe its P800 per night with air-cond.

• Like 2

relcarve25
Posted
Posted

At Bohol the Phili government have project trying to make it the rice metropol of Phili, by building dams and irrigation network. Such land they have sold to Filipins for only 40p/sqm. Some sell further for such prices too. Not irrigated land can be bought for less, Hilly landscapes can be bought for 15-20p/sqm and sometimes even less, some of them with sea view from the hills. (Just beside ocean cost more normaly.)

It's rather common Filipinas say "It's not dangerous in my province, but in XX (=a bit away) there they are dangerous"    :hystery:  so hard to know what's true without living there first. That's a good reason to do as many say =Rent (first).

Concerning 1 hour drive to city, it's much people in the Philippines, so they have at least one city/town in each province. So if you settle down beside an OK road, you can surely reach a town/city within less than one hour in whole Phili.  It's just around 100 km to cross whole Bohol down to Tagbilaran where you have both main airport and ferry port. On the north side of the island you have smaller ferries having short distance to Cebu.

Hi! I'm interested in Bohol. We have spent 4 weekends in nice hotels in Tagbilaran and the place is developing a bit- can't say the same for the roads though- but a nice new mall has opened on the outskirts. I know a lot of foreigners live in one area just outside the city- is it Panglao or am I mixed up?  But what really struck me was that apart from the main road to the Chocolate Hills and north there appear to be very few other roads. On a map I saw it looked like about 3/4 of Bohol island was pretty well impossible to go to except maybe by habal habal bikes. Is that the case or was my map a piece of crap? I'd like to know because it's a nice ferry ride from Cebu but we've pretty well exhausted the main areas for sightseeing and need to find more places to visit next time.  Chris McG.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

we enjoyed our trips to bohol, and i know its going to be called home one day,