Felonies And How They Effect The New 13A Requirment

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

I have 2 felonies (1x 20+ years old and the other 35+ years old). Both drug possion charges.

These DO NOT show up on on any "background checks" required for a job in my state of california.

However I am guessing that a full blowen FBI cleareance would bring them to light

So assuming they would show up with these be cause for denial of a 13a visa?

OR WORCE, cause of deportation?

tia

Dave

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have 2 felonies (1x 20+ years old and the other 35+ years old). Both drug possion charges.

These DO NOT show up on on any "background checks" required for a job in my state of california.

However I am guessing that a full blowen FBI cleareance would bring them to light

So assuming they would show up with these be cause for denial of a 13a visa?

OR WORCE, cause of deportation?

tia

Dave

Hello Dave,

The link below is the official website of the Philippine Consulate in Los Angeles, CA.

Hopefully they could confirm who's on the black list before you purchase an airline

ticket.  Or perhaps, your local travel agent in San Diego could make some calls for

you.

http://www.philippineconsulatela.org/

Good luck sir -- Jake

Edited by Jake
added link

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Well, I am not on a "black list" as I have been to the philippines about 10 times since 2004.

And I assume if I do not apply for a 13a, it will NEVER be and issue.

I am thinking maybe it is not a good idea to draw attention to them of not neccessary as I can always just live on extensions and marriage enterance if they will be a problem.

Was just hoping someone here might have first hand knowledge of weather these charges of how old they are would  be cause for denial.

I am probably going to request a FBI check myself before I go just to see if they do even show up.

Thanks for the reply.

BTW: I did not see a link :)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You never know what will show up on a check.

Recently, here in Canada, Budweiser had a Fantasy Football competition where the winner got seats and a whole lot more at the Superbowl.  The gentleman who won was denied entry to the US as he had been caught (and pled guilty) for smoking a joint over 30 years ago.

Now I agree the US is not the Philippines but if they had this on file, what do they have on file for US citizens?  I would look into it and apply for a pardon to get them wiped off your records asap.  They may just show up sometime when you try to enter the Philippines as even just a tourist.

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

Thanks Bob. I don't think getting them wiped is an option.

I will get my own FBI check so I at least go in with my eyes open

Thanks

Dave

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This will not be an issue. A close friend who served time had no problem. A Filipina family member married an American with a long arrest record including several drug felonies.

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

This will not be an issue. A close friend who served time had no problem. A Filipina family member married an American with a long arrest record including several drug felonies.

Did he then apply for a 13a and was this before or after the new requirment (background check) for 13a's

Thanks

Dave

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

Where did you get this  information about the  requirement for an FBI Clearance, i was  at  Immigration a few  weeks ago in Davao City and  ask about that , they said  never  heard of it and  to go by the  requirements  posted on BOI site if there are any changes  it  will be  posted there

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

13A means your married to a Filipina so just enter together and get the 1 year Balikbayan visa.  Just leave together once a year and keep getting that stamp good for a year.  You'll want to get away from this place anyway, I guarantee it.  I was gonna get the 13A but there really is no advantage and Id rather not deal with the B.S. of getting one.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Crikey mates! We be surrounded by dope smokers and the like... probably tax cheats too! Hide the women folk and children and the BEER too!

But if any of you think I am admitting to my being on that grassy knoll back in '63, or in that Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles back in '68, well you got another thing coming....

And I am saying again, I don't have any knowledge what so ever about what happend to Mrs. Field and her damn pies! And them kids don't look nothin' like me. I sure ain't paying no child support no matter what that fat fool of a judge says!

Other than that I choose to envoke my right to remain SILENT! Yes Sir! I do realize that I am on a F*^**^g  PUBLIC FORUM and there are things about wives and and and and well, Jake and and and CRIMINAL things that should not be discussed on a F*^**^G PUBLIC FORUM.  

You understand... them SPIES be everywhere....... turn you in fer a beer and a balute sammitch they will. Cain't be trustin noneofum. Fella go to sleep and wake wif no shoes! In winter! Now that is cold! Stone cold.

So now all you criminal element kinds fellers take your converastions about 'thangs' to the PM side of the forum and leave those nice innocent sex tourists alone to plot their next adventure at the Ayala mall ( note to self..... site next to the escalator and look UP often....)

Ah hell, while I was typing all of this... someone stole my BLUNT.  Debbie! Debbie! Did you steal daddy's BLUNT! I know you are not doing any homework! Now get down here now or I will tan your little backside...

• Like 3