Felonies And How They Effect The New 13A Requirment

Okieboy
Posted
Posted

i care less about  you and  your  forum, you are  one  sick son of a bitch, and  most  will see that  sooner  or  later, if  someone  at  BOI tells  me  something  i don't  think is  right i ask for  the  proof, they will show  you, if  not  blow  them off.

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

Damn Okie !!! Did you just find out even tho you divorced your wife she's still your sister or what?...You usually arent such an ass....

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

i care less about  you and  your  forum, you are  one  sick son of a bitch, and  most  will see that  sooner  or  later, if  someone  at  BOI tells  me  something  i don't  think is  right i ask for  the  proof, they will show  you, if  not  blow  them off.

OK

I am sick and most will see it sooner or later but you wont. 

Bigdog
Posted
Posted

You lasted longer than i would have Bossman..

• Like 2

SubicSteve
Posted
Posted

if  anyone  has  the  statute on this  requirement  post  it, that  should not  be  hard do, it  has a number  and  date  it  was put  in place. Jolley Good  Fellow says he  has  it  if  so post  it

place  the  statute  and  date easy right

put  up or  shut  up

The problem with statutes or laws or rules is that not all the offices or people at BOI know them or follow them.  Thats y it's more fun in the Philippine. :)

Americano
Posted
Posted

What was up with okieboy?  He was making me feel ashamed to be an American talking to Bossman like that.

I recently completed the 13A process so here is my opinion on the subject.

There's a background check done when applying for a 13A but its only a background check using a data base in the Philippines.  BOI does not have access to an International data base that contains crimes of all people in the world.  If you haven't committed any crimes in the Philippines or have an arrest warrant in the Philippines then your background will show no DEROGATORY RECORD just as mine did.

Also, since you were issued a US Passport should tell you something.  Your crimes were not serious enough to prevent you from getting a Passport so they will not be known in every country.

• Like 2

ducecoop
Posted
Posted

wow! did not mean to start such an uproar.

ummmmm

Ok will, I maybe confusing things whhich only shows MY lack of understanding

where I read this new (nov 2012) requirment was on another forum. It applied to permanent residency in PI

can someone please enlighten my shollow mind as to the differance between 13a visa and permanent residency?

Thanks for all the replies

Dave

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I ain't kissing ass or anything but I have re-read the heated exchange between a boy name Okie

and Boss Man.  Like BigDog commented, I was really surprise and grateful that JGF maintained

his cool until the very last minute.  

The boy name Okie is now banned.  Yeah folks......we have our moments on the keyboard but

why show to the world that you're an a$$hole.  Correction, he is now a certified butt hole!

Nuff said -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

wow! did not mean to start such an uproar.

ummmmm

Ok will, I maybe confusing things whhich only shows MY lack of understanding

where I read this new (nov 2012) requirment was on another forum. It applied to permanent residency in PI

can someone please enlighten my shollow mind as to the differance between 13a visa and permanent residency?

Thanks for all the replies

Dave

You are such a bad person for trying to find out what you need...  Don't worry about it.  Sometimes people for no known reason go off the deep end and get themselves banned.  

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

This is the website for the Philippines BI office (not BOI)

If you look under services on the left hand side, you will see the first 2 listed as Immigrant Visa and Non-Immigrant Visa.  When you go to either page, select the tab for the different Visas (13a, 13b, etc) and you will see the difference between each of them.

I was listening to a Philippines radio station online a couple weeks ago (English language news station) and they were talking about the issue of background checks from each applicant's home country that will be required.  Unfortunately they did not state if this is now in effect or if it is still in a trial stage.  In the past, it would often take quite a bit of time for new initiatives to be rolled out but, from what I have seen of the government in the last few months, I wouldn't count on much time being required once it is deemed and on the books.

• Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted

There are additional requirements imposed when applying for a 13(a) Visa at a Philippines Embassy including medical and financial and it is entirely possible that applicants must now also supply a Police Clearance Certificate. 13(a)s applied for and obtained at an Embassy are full and permanent unlike those applied for in-country.

There is currently no requirement for a Police Clearance Certificate for a 13(a) applied for in-country.