Undercover Reporters And Underage Girls-Bar Raided

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

This story and video is up on the ABC site. Seems to me a guy who lived in Subic so long should know better.   :no:

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/philippines-sex-trafficking-raid-18593536

We turn tonight to the philippines. What are some tourists looking for?
Abc's alex marquardt was there, as cameras rolled and a big bust went down. Reporter: We traveled to the picturesque subic bay in the western philippines, a hotspot for sex tourism. The american ambassador recently estimated that 40% of american men here come for sex.
To investigate the rampant underage prostitution, producer alex waterfield and I go undercover with hidden cameras. We'd been told about this man, arthur benjamin, a 49-year-old texan who has lived here for 25 years. He's suspected of pimping out underage girls from his bar.
Over coffee, he tells us about how he melt his 16-year-old girlfriend. Needed somebody to take care of her. Come here.
You know what I want. Reporter: And how, with the help of his bar manager, lucy, underage girls have worked in his bar. One of them is 16-year-old princess, who has given us permission to show her face.
Little did benjamin know, filipino and american authorities were planning a raid on his bar. That's it. Go, go, get out,go!

Reporter: Benjamin is stunned. That's when we reveal ourselves to him. We're with abc news.
You told us that you have had underage sex with multiple girls and underage girls have worked in this bar. I have never had underage girls here and I do not have sex with underage girls.

Reporter: Then, we tell him we have it on hidden camera.
Does that change anything that you told me? Nope.

Reporter: Benjamin was arrested

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

So the bottom line is that anything you say in a bar when under the influence of alcohol is taken as fact and used in court against you.  Did this guy do anything wrong?  I have no idea.  I only know that Westerners say all kinds of BS in a bar to strangers and I wouldn't believe a word of it.  In my case, I doubt I have ever told the truth to a stranger in a bar, especially if that stranger is only drinking coffee in the bar, but that's me.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 1

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

But the question is would you ever talk BS about having sex with minors?I have heard alot of the BS people talk in bars too but I dont believe no one normal would brag about something so disgusting.....

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

would you ever talk BS about having sex with minors?

No, I would not, but I have heard enough other guys BS about it in bars and coffee shops.  I would never take what they said as gospel and it repulses me more to have BS admitted as fact in court than it does to listen to the BS in the first place.

I know that those types of people have problems fantasizing about underage girls and it comes out as 'harmless' BSing. Now no longer harmless.

Another thing that gets to me is the way the newspapers troll the words underage, sex/human trafficking, rape, drug use etc and as soon as those buzz words are used the readers automatically assume guilt.   Be honest, how many of the readers here have jumped to the conclusion that the guy is guilty based solely on his own BS in a bar?  I know I tend to believe he is guilty until I use the logical side of my brain. Liable laws are in their infancy here.

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

I undrstand your points Dave, valid points too.

Since your asking I have definitely jumped to the conclusion that he is guilty! Maybe not so in all cases but in this particular one Ill stick by it for now, with the judicial system here, he'll probably be released in a couple of weeks anyway & then run off to Cambodia to start over!

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

So I go to the link with the full story and I am shocked to see American Homeland Security leading the whole thing for the cameras of an American TV News program and the Philippine cops in the background going along with it under pressure.  They did not seem in a real hurry to make this happen except for the pressure from all the white dudes.

They sure make him look guilty.  I mean look at those girl's teeth.  They must be underage if they have braces, right?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Be honest, how many of the readers here have jumped to the conclusion that the guy is guilty based solely on his own BS in a bar?  I know I tend to believe he is guilty until I use the logical side of my brain. Liable laws are in their infancy here.

My take is a normal person would not be bragging about young girls unless he has a major problem. Now lets remember he did show his young girlfriend who lived out the back, admittedly her face was not shown so we can only trust the report to be true.He did say

Over coffee, he continues to boast about his girlfriend Jade, who he says is only 16, one of several underage girls he says he has been with. He met Jade a year and a half ago and slept with her and her older sister, he said, before taking Jade in.
"She was hungry, she needed someone to take care of her," he said, raising his arms. "I'm in. You know what I want.
"But if she f---s up, does something I don't like, I kick her out, doesn't bother me. There is always another one."

So more bragging?

When asked about how he hides underage girls from the cops he said

"Lucy is a master at it. She's had a lot of underage girls working for her whether it was at [another bar] Miami where she was before and my place," he explained. "The girls will get their older sisters' birth certificates, that's pretty much how they do it. Sister or cousin."

Asked about allegations from the girl who reported him he ended by saying

"All of which is true," he laughed. "However, I have to deny."

And then he says 

Benjamin claimed he pays graft money to four different groups of local authorities to "keep them off our ass."

"Someone put out that I was a pedophile, that I like younger girls. So Lucy talked to them and now [a top local police official] happens to be a good friend of ours, a good friend of mine," he laughs.

I could go on but I would bet my left nut he is guilty as charged and probably not the smartest guy in town.

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm sorry to say, It's the same old chit.  The flesh market in the Philippines is alive and well, along

with other impoverished countries that prey on young girls and boys to sell their bodies.  Otherwise,

they would starve to death.  It's no surprise that local authorities cannot or will not pursue human

rights violations.  They are either the financier, protectors, owners or just having a quickie for the

night.  The corruption machine in many Asian countries is well lubricated.  

This American sexual deviant is just the tip of the iceberg.  He is a small fry as compared to many

local officials (mayors and fat PNP's) operating major networks of the flesh market.  It is sad but

it's also the facts of life there.  

I hope this American (and others like him) gets deported with his balls eaten by a rabid dog for his

bon voyage back to the States.  

Edited by Jake
correct sentence structure
  • Like 4