Undercover Reporters And Underage Girls-Bar Raided

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Saying all this, the legal age of consent in the UK is actually 16, so 16 doesnt seem so bad but as they say time and time again, when in Rome........ I dont believe for a second that this gent was not aware of what he was doing & local laws, he should be castrated and threw in jail, then after many years deported!

There are many more deprived, evil beings out there, not neccessarily just in the Philippines or Thailand but all over the world sadly.

They do kind of make all expats or visitors to the Philippines sound like sex tourists though dont they.......especially those 40% of Americans!!!

FlyAway
Posted
Posted

Before reading this topic and seeing the video, the local news program was talking about pending cuts to the FAA aircraft controllers. I have to wonder what is more important, having an overseas ICE task force or having an air traffic controller at my local airport?

• Like 3

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

believable but appalling

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I watched the videos through my Google News this morning.  This guy may be full of it but he was not BSing about the underage sex, or the fact that he owned the bar and had underage girls working there.  I also think this guy was too stupid to realize he was being set up.  Heck, the reporter even sounded like he was doing an interview during the hidden camera part. There are 4 slightly different videos out on this.  If you watch them all, you kind of get the idea of what is what.  At first I felt sorry for the guy.  After the 4th video, I was ready for him to be sent to jail.  

As for the law enforcement side of things?  Talk about disorganized, fly by night, amateurish actions!  If they had taken any longer trying to figure out what they were going to do, the bar would have been closed.  That would be what...  Sunrise?  Overall, by judging how well the different departments and countries were working together on this, I can now understand why the priest was getting upset.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

What ticks me off about the story is that it basically refers to Subic Bay as a major sex tourism destination when it is so much more than that, and not really major compared to others.  There is a very small bar area.

I could not view the videos but from what I read in the text, the guy is a scumbag, even if he is not guilty of the underage part.  I hope he gets what he deserves.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I think many people have that misconception of Subic.   Idiots like him don't help.

I wonder what the folks back home think when, after seeing that, someone says "I'm moving to Subic"!

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I hope he gets what he deserves.

He got it.  Trial by media.  Conviction by public opinion.  Stone him!  Don't let him get a lawyer, he will only get off on a technicality.  Better yet, send him back to the USA to face an American court.  Hmmm maybe not, there is no solid evidence for an American court unless they allow 'looked at the teeth' and 'listened to the guy brag in his bar' and 'set him up for the news cameras' as evidence now.

I have no doubt he is guilty as charged.  But I have been wrong before and that is why I like to see blind justice instead of mobs controlled by the media.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I hope he gets what he deserves.

He got it.  Trial by media.  Conviction by public opinion.  Stone him!  Don't let him get a lawyer, he will only get off on a technicality.  Better yet, send him back to the USA to face an American court.  Hmmm maybe not, there is no solid evidence for an American court unless they allow 'looked at the teeth' and 'listened to the guy brag in his bar' and 'set him up for the news cameras' as evidence now.

I have no doubt he is guilty as charged.  But I have been wrong before and that is why I like to see blind justice instead of mobs controlled by the media.

As I understand it, it is a non bailable offense. There another white bar owner, not even at the bar when raided, no girls found but arrested anyway along with the staff. All Pinoys made bail... but not him. 300+ days ago. Allowed to go to a hospital for his medical issues and ran up a 300,000p bill so far....

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

:th_thbestpost: