lyno 47
Posted
Posted

Great post tuka i look forward to the next installment cheers

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

Good luck Tuka,

Just be sure to go over everything twice, three times, check out the area too......... Im sure youre already ahead of the game in this anyway so good luck again and keep us all possted on how things go for you.

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

Way to go! You're right... That sounds a little too native for me at this point, but I like to hear about it. Who knows, I may come around to that style sooner or later. I've just been trying to take it slow, seems like that works for the locals. ;) keep us posted

• Like 1

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

i considered going to cebu or angeles and partying for a couple years but i guess i outgrew that finally. and i am ok with that. got a nice woman, and some lawn furniture. lets hope it works out. :tiphat:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Pictures!  Ya gotta give us some pictures!!!

Doing good young man!

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Seems too cheap to me. There must be a catch.

Only catch I see is that you may be remodeling someone elses residence.......... And one you are done... you need to move, as 'family' is coming and they need the house you are in...

Other than that... since the house currently has no CR... what are you using? Rubber band? :hystery:

Also, now this is the truth and not one of my demented attempts at humor...... I think Iloilo is a bit more advanced than Samar, so it may not apply. But I did some remodeling (I paid, not acutally did the job) and she had a simple round bowl toilet installed with no seat no tank, bucket flush. It did not oocur to me that I needed to mandate a modern flush toilet....  When I arrived back in Samar, we went out to buy a seat and all there was available was cheap Chinese thin white plastic seats. I asked the sales girls if they had seats in their houses... all said no! This place sure ain't Kansas.......

I hope you have better luck on Iloilo in finding a seat that is 'up to par'! :cheersty:

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

i hate typing long replies and have them disappear.... darn phone!

yes i am worried about fixing someone elses house but as long as we get 3 or 4 months in it we lose no money. paying repair cost instead of rent...

fingers crossed ha ha

• Like 4

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

we went out to buy a seat and all there was available was cheap Chinese thin white plastic seats. I asked the sales girls if they had seats in their houses... all said no! This place sure ain't Kansas.......

Funny you should mention that Bruce ..... the cheap Chinese seat we had here lasted me exactly 2 weeks .... so I started looking for a replacement ..... something a bit more sturdy .... and to add to the problem I have a bidet not the hand held kind but the kind that goes under the toilet seat ..... I finally found something usable at City Hardware .... but it wasn't cheap .... seats ran from p500 to p4000 .... I ended up paying p2300 but I plan on taking it with me if I ever move and replacing it with one like was on there p500 .... same with the security lights and alarms .... all are hooked up so I can remove them and carry them with me .....  :hystery:  :cheersty:

And Bob if you gotta have pictures I can take a couple but not of me sitting on the pot ...... :mocking:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Actually I was going to ask for pictures of your security system - lights and all flashing - hooked up to your toilet seat....

:mocking:

• Like 1