Philippines Airlines

Bruce
Posted
Posted

PAL launches new routes to Australia, China, Middle East

MANILA (March 6, 2013) - Pursuing an aggressive route expansion, flag carrier Philippine Airlines (PAL) today announced the launching of flights to six (6) new destinations in Australia, China and the Middle East.

PAL president Ramon S. Ang said PAL’s new destinations are Kuala Lumpur (May 1); Brisbane, Darwin and Perth in Australia and Guangzhou, China (June 1); and Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (October 1).

Ang said PAL is launching the new routes in response to the clamor for more flights to these destinations. “Australia, Kuala Lumpur and Guangzhou are major destinations for business and leisure. Abu Dhabi, on the other hand, has a large concentration of OFWs, making it a prime destination in the Middle East,” he explained.

Tickets for Kuala Lumpur and the new Australian routes are now on sale, while tickets for Guangzhou and Abu Dhabi will be sold starting March 15.  PAL is offering special promo rates for early birds.

The new service to Kuala Lumpur (PR 517) departs Manila every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday at 7:55AM. Manila-Guangzhou (PR 382) flies every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 10:30PM and arrives 12:45AM.

Manila-Darwin (PR 221), departsManilaevery Monday, Wednesday and Saturday at 10:05PM and arrivesDarwinat 4:00AM (next day); Manila-Brisbane (viaDarwin) follows the same departure schedule but arrives inBrisbaneat 9:20AM (next day). Manila-Perth (PR 219 via Darwin) leaves Manila every Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday at 10:25PM and arrives in Perth at 7:50AM (next day).

PAL’s Abu Dhabi flight (PR 656) departs Manila daily at 4:25PM and arrives in Abu Dhabi at 9:45PM.

The addition of six new routes brings to 34 PAL’s total number of international destinations (including Manila). Aside from route expansion, fleet modernization and inflight service enhancements are the three pillars of growth earlier identified by Ang.

Adopting a new campaign tagline ‘Your home in the sky,” PAL hopes to bring its uniquely Filipino style of warm “at home” service to its passengers to and from thePhilippines.

PAL passengers will also enjoy the flag carrier’s delectable menu created by select master chefs, inflight amenities and topnotch entertainment systems.

Philippine Airlines

Flights
About Philippine Airlines

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Pal used to fly out of Brisbane but that stopped some time back, they continue to fly out of Sydney and Melbourne. Still no direct route by Pal, Brisbane to Cebu for me so I doubt if I will use them.  :thumbsup:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

After I bought my ticket, PAL changed their non-stop Manila/Toronto to one stop Manila/Vancouver/Toronto. PAL has a good Mabuhay airmiles plan. I am told that you after you fly 4 times to same place, you get the next one free to same place.

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

After I bought my ticket, PAL changed their non-stop Manila/Toronto to one stop Manila/Vancouver/Toronto. PAL has a good Mabuhay airmiles plan. I am told that you after you fly 4 times to same place, you get the next one free to same place.

I have flown PAL 9 times RT. Nothing free for me except 2 upgrades for seating when plane had seat available. Got Elite status and access to the lounge. Standard stuff as far as I can see.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

That's why I"m looking at Cathay Pacific.  Same basic time, costs are similar and they will take me to Cebu rather than Manila.

Bruce
Posted
Posted

That's why I"m looking at Cathay Pacific.  Same basic time, costs are similar and they will take me to Cebu rather than Manila.

I agree, but not for me as I need a connecting flight out to Tacloban. See what time your flight lands in Cebu... and then check the schedule out to Tacloban... not good. Also, do not forget that those of us flying into Manila or Cebu as we must, just to fly out again to where we need to go, IF we change airlines, we may be hit with HUGE domestic baggage charges. So I fly PAL into Manila and then out to Tacloban and no excess charges.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Pal Goes Down Under!

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Return ticket Manila/Toronto with CP is just under $3000 but with PAL, it is $1763. Both have one stop. There is a lot of daylight between $3000 and $1763.

Bruce, are you enrolled in PAL's Mabuhay airmiles? A guy just told me that he goes Vancouver/Manila with PAL and after 4 flights, he gets the 5th one free.

Five trips with CP would cost $15,000 but only  $7052 with PAL if the 5th one is free.

Bruce, on our return with PAL to Manila, we have to get our bags then check in with PAL on to Bacolod. How do we avoid baggage fees from Manila to Bacolod?

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Return ticket Manila/Toronto with CP is just under $3000 but with PAL, it is $1763. Both have one stop. There is a lot of daylight between $3000 and $1763.

Bruce, are you enrolled in PAL's Mabuhay airmiles? A guy just told me that he goes Vancouver/Manila with PAL and after 4 flights, he gets the 5th one free.

Five trips with CP would cost $15,000 but only  $7052 with PAL if the 5th one is free.

Bruce, on our return with PAL to Manila, we have to get our bags then check in with PAL on to Bacolod. How do we avoid baggage fees from Manila to Bacolod?

I am a member of Mabuhay miles. But no free trips offered me yet. perhaps I should ask?

As for the bagage issue, because I like you, I looked up PAL and this is what I see. You sir! Are a lucky guy. Bacolod still flies in and out of Terminal 2.  5 flights a day.

Here is what happens when I book and how I save all those excess baggage fees BUT it may not apply to your situation, but you can try. I am not in LA. I have to fly to LA and then check in at the PAL terminal and wait for the flight to Manila. So, when I check in in Miami to LA flight, I have the agent 'check' my 2 bags all the way THROUGH to Tacloban. NOT to Manila. I have with me a print out of my schedule and confirmation numbers. So while she sees I am flying into Manila, she also sees I am flying out to Tacloban. She checks the bags to Tacloban. I arrive in Manila, get the bags, clear customs and then hand the bags over to the connnecting flight people there in the same room as the customs people are. I then walk out and kill time until the flight to Tacloban and I then check myself in with my carry on bag. The domestic flight check in does not involve any check bags as they are alreadty checked and in posession of PAL.

So, if you fly direct out of a city on an actual PAl flight.... you may have an issue IF the PAL agent does not check your bags through to Bacolod. Even if you have already booked the Manila flight to Baclod. If the agent treats it as 2 flights, 1 international and 1 domestic... then you may have to pay the fees. But since I am dealing with a different airline on my Miami to LA flight, I present it as 1 trip. So far, 9 trips.... no issues! 

However, this time, PAL is flying out to Tacloban from Terminal 3 and I have no way to 'guarantee' that I can clear customs and catch a bus over to Terminal 3 in time for the next flight. So I will have 8 hrs or so to kill before my flight to Tacloban.     

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I didn't do a big search but just went to the actual airline sites, punched in some dates and saw what came up.  The end of the month was chosen as most people are not going to call the day before to get their airline tickets and I figured 2 weeks was sufficient time between the out and the inbound flight.  I used Mar 31 as departure and 14 April as my return dates.  I went on the PAL site and found flights 2 days earlier than the dates I looked for at $1593.20.  With Cathay Pacific, I was able to go from Toronto to Cebu and return for $1597.76.  I then went back and re-entered the PAL site to confirm dates and prices...  Hmmm...  They have changed!  Originally I had prices where, if I left and then returned both 2 days earlier, it was something like $4 difference.  Now, with Pal, I could take the flight at 22:20 (10:20 pm) for $1689.20.  I could also come back 2 days earlier and save a few bucks at $1117.20.  If I left earlier (29 Mar) but still came back on the same day, the flight would cost $1835.20.  So back to the Cathay Pacific site...  They have changed.  Now I am looking at same date flights from $1903.76.  If I come back 2 days later than planned, it is now $1769.76.  If I leave any sooner, the price goes up over $2000.  That is how fast prices can change I guess...  No more than 10 minutes between getting a price and then coming back to that website again to find different prices - and neither had the original price I was quoted.  I am going to wait 15 minutes and see what prices I get that time....

Ok, 15 minutes later I tried again.  Cathay Pacific has come back in at $1597.76 Toronto to Cebu return and PAL has remained at the same prices.  All prices listed are in Canadian $.

Anybody know a good spiritualist?  Maybe I can confirm prices through a seance?   :mocking: