Philippines Airlines

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere over the last week that PAL was upgraded.  Now that doesn't mean the flight restrictions are off but they are flying into some of these places using leased aircraft with overseas maintenance carried out - just so that they can get back into these airspaces.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere over the last week that PAL was upgraded. Now that doesn't mean the flight restrictions are off but they are flying into some of these places using leased aircraft with overseas maintenance carried out - just so that they can get back into these airspaces.

Philippine Airlines is under new ownership and management. Lucio Tan has been sidelined and the San Miguel group has taken over. The have grandiose plans including buying and leasing new aircrafts, and building their own airport close to Metro Manila. They need 2,000 hectares. Betting is the new airport is north of Manila in Bulacan. I think it will be east because of the construction of C-6 linked to C-5 at Bonifacio City. The new airport has to be within one hour from Makati and the new gambling mecca to be constructed on the reclaimed property in Manila Bay.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I read somewhere over the last week that PAL was upgraded. Now that doesn't mean the flight restrictions are off but they are flying into some of these places using leased aircraft with overseas maintenance carried out - just so that they can get back into these airspaces.

Philippine Airlines is under new ownership and management. Lucio Tan has been sidelined and the San Miguel group has taken over. The have grandiose plans including buying and leasing new aircrafts, and building their own airport close to Metro Manila. They need 2,000 hectares. Betting is the new airport is north of Manila in Bulacan. I think it will be east because of the construction of C-6 linked to C-5 at Bonifacio City. The new airport has to be within one hour from Makati and the new gambling mecca to be constructed on the reclaimed property in Manila Bay.

JJ, I do not know how you do it... but.... buddy.... can you send me the winning Philippine Lotto numbers for next week? I won't say where I got them..... :thumbsup:  

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Sorry. If I send you the winning numbers, everyone would want the numbers for the next Lotto. They are going to rip me apart if I don't give it. Much safer to just remain quiet.

• Like 2

northtoalaska
Posted
Posted

Boy won't even be a consideration for me. I'd take Cathay over PA any day of the week, just for safety reasons.

Markham
Posted
Posted

In point of fact, Lucio Tan hasn't controlled Philippine Airlines - and its offshot AirPhils Express - for quite some time. San Mig acquired both airlines from his sister, Lia Tan. I think though that San Mig has, or are in the process of, acquiring Macro Asia - the joint venture aircraft maintenance company with Lufthansa - from Lucio Tan.

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The internal family dynamics among the wealthy Chinese families is very complex. My brother was working for the Ministry of Finance as it was known during the Marcos era, to find a buyer for the government's ownership of Philippine Airlines. He spent nearly a year traveling all over the world drumming up interest. The difficulty was nearly all the aircrafts were leases. A Philippine family of Spanish ancestry emerged at the buyer. It eventually came out they were only fronting for Lucio Tan's group. Who really owns what is beyond comprehension. When I was with the Central Bank of the Philippines, it was simply known as the "Binondo Central Bank" or "Our Binondo Branch."  

Truthfully, I didn't know Lucio Tan had a sister named Lia Tan. I vaguely recall he has a daughter named Vivian. I do know a cousin, Macario Te.   

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have heard that the family was involved a while back in both leather and electronics in the US.

Proof you ask?  It was a family member named Dy...  And, as we know in China, the family name comes first...

It was the TanDy corporation - who had Radio Shack and Tandy Leather...

Ok, I go sit in the corner now....

:mocking:

Thomas
Posted
Posted

After I bought my ticket, PAL changed their non-stop Manila/Toronto to one stop Manila/Vancouver/Toronto. PAL has a good Mabuhay airmiles plan. I am told that you after you fly 4 times to same place, you get the next one free to same place.

Oh Canada allow PAL to fly there!  European Union don't allow any Phili airline company to fly passengers here, because no Phili airline follow the minimum security demands!

(At least European Union claim so. But perhaps it's a revenche :)  because Phili punish foreign flight companies with higher fees at Phili airports, but I believe EU realy think it's to bad security, because (if I remember corect) Phili airlines companies were baned earlier too.)

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Sorry. If I send you the winning numbers, everyone would want the numbers for the next Lotto. They are going to rip me apart if I don't give it. Much safer to just remain quiet.

And if you give to all, then the winning will be small each, so then you risk some will become irritated on that   :hystery:

The internal family dynamics among the wealthy Chinese families is very complex. My brother was working for the Ministry of Finance as it was known during the Marcos era, to find a buyer for the government's ownership of Philippine Airlines. He spent nearly a year traveling all over the world drumming up interest. The difficulty was nearly all the aircrafts were leases. A Philippine family of Spanish ancestry emerged at the buyer. It eventually came out they were only fronting for Lucio Tan's group. Who really owns what is beyond comprehension. When I was with the Central Bank of the Philippines, it was simply known as the "Binondo Central Bank" or "Our Binondo Branch."  

Truthfully, I didn't know Lucio Tan had a sister named Lia Tan. I vaguely recall he has a daughter named Vivian. I do know a cousin, Macario Te.   

I have heard that the family was involved a while back in both leather and electronics in the US.

Proof you ask?  It was a family member named Dy...  And, as we know in China, the family name comes first...

It was the TanDy corporation - who had Radio Shack and Tandy Leather...

Ok, I go sit in the corner now....

:mocking:

I have never heared of any of theese Tan, but I have heared many times of Sun Tan   :lol: