Renting In The Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Good advice

I notice of all the places advertised with pictures that there are no block out curtains, all basically see through. I would require at least the bedroom to be dark in the morning so maybe I would be buying my own curtains. Actually do they have block out curtains in the shops? :unsure:

• Like 1

Will
Posted
Posted

I would require at least the bedroom to be dark in the morning so maybe I would be buying my own curtains. Actually do they have block out curtains in the shops? :unsure:

I was thinking the same thing this morning. Started really thinking about it when I got the electric bill... how to seal those jalousey windows when closed.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

If not renting FURNISHED, I wouldn't expect CURTAINS in Sweden either, so I don't find it odd if they don't have in Phili  :)

(But where they have jalouseys, I don't count them to furniture.)

--

But I agree it's very odd the suprisingly to common showing photos of OTHER than the subject (or a catalog photo, although the thing is used). Do they expect presumtive customers will not notice?...    :hystery:

• Like 2

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

My electric bill went from 15000 to 9500 after doing that to the windows.

Is that monthly?....Bloody hell! Do you have a set of floodlights in your place? My electric bill is about 2500-3000 at the most, it might go up next bill just because the temperature is rising a bit but 9500!....... Im working from home and in my eyes using a fair bit of electricity eg air con, internet enabled 24/7, TV etc. As for the mornings, we have a sun riser so we get all of the wonderful morning sun(the wife's choice)...... I find an extra pillow over my head does me good for a few hours extra sleep. :)

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

My electric bill went from 15000 to 9500 after doing that to the windows.

Is that monthly?....Bloody hell! Do you have a set of floodlights in your place? My electric bill is about 2500-3000 at the most, it might go up next bill just because the temperature is rising a bit but 9500!....... Im working from home and in my eyes using a fair bit of electricity eg air con, internet enabled 24/7, TV etc. As for the mornings, we have a sun riser so we get all of the wonderful morning sun(the wife's choice)...... I find an extra pillow over my head does me good for a few hours extra sleep. :)

I'm an early riser so that would be great for me!  Hmmm...  Something to talk to my  Special Someone about...!

:mocking:  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted

My electric bill went from 15000 to 9500

Sounds like you're supplying the whole town.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted

My electric bill went from 15000 to 9500

Sounds like you're supplying the whole town.

Yes, it's high,

but the other's electricity wouldn't reduce by he issolate his own windows  :)

bootleultras
Posted
Posted

One thing I forgot to mention also was that I own a 600 sqm bar & with the lighting and sound systems etc we use my electric bill is still around the same as your current bill 9000-10,000 a month!

• Like 1