Renting In The Philippines

Adam Lee
Posted
Posted

Okay guys, just wanted to say thanks for all your help over the past few months as it's been invaluable. I'll be starting my "adventure" on the 20th of August so wish me luck and just on the off chance that someone can point me in the direction of a good landlord or apartment to rent in Manila, then it goes without saying that it would be much appreciated. I imagine I'll be wondering all over the Metro Manila area at some point so if anyone fancies a beer then feel free to drop me a message.

:thumbsup:

• Like 5

chris49
Posted
Posted

Manila or Quezon City?

I like Eastwood and I have a contact over there, 25k about minimum rent, one BR.

Quezon City, Project 8, quite near to SM North and Tri Noma.

Timog area.

Tell me what you want. I have contacts here and there. Do you want full facilities like gym and pool or just the apartment?

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
foster808
Posted
Posted

Can anyone provide for me a couple of good realtors to help find a place to rent in Cebu? I saw DMCI, but that looked like Manila area. Thank you very much

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Can anyone provide for me a couple of good realtors to help find a place to rent in Cebu?

Can you mention what you are looking for?  It is uncommon for landlords to use realtors or for realtors to even take on a rental listing unless you are looking for higher end places, for example $1,000 a month and up.  The cheaper places are 'boots on the ground' listings.  A sign is put up, word of mouth spreads it around, and first one to come up with the cash gets the place.

So you can see it is important to know what you want in advance.

• Like 3

foster808
Posted
Posted

Thanks, Dave for the insight and great advice. I'm looking for a place between 20k and 30k, and the place must be pet friendly. From Condo To single house - doesn't really matter.