New Policy In Australian Store / Think Sm And Ayala To Follow?

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

have you ever noticed that when using the ATM ""some people"" before they do a withdrawal

they appear to do a "balance inquiry" then look at the receipt, then decide?? :89:

well what do i take out     :89: 

,then finally w/d the money.. SOME person got really tired of this. :714_full_of_crap:

what appeared was a sticker saying  "BALANCE INQUIRY  10php"

"  while others are waiting"  *

the lines in the ATMS where this was posted was reduced YET some kept looking the receipt.

so they did it again trying to find that "10"peso charge Wondering where was that charge.

* in small print the sticker stated it was not authorized by the bank.  

• Like 1

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

I seen the video of the shopkeeper, no wonder no one wants to buy her stuff she would scare them away with her unfriendly and cold attitude plus she looks terribly unhealthy, a bit of a joke really..........

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

have you ever noticed that when using the ATM ""some people"" before they do a withdrawal

they appear to do a "balance inquiry" then look at the receipt, then decide?? :89:

well what do i take out     :89:

,then finally w/d the money.. SOME person got really tired of this. :714_full_of_crap:

what appeared was a sticker saying  "BALANCE INQUIRY  10php"

"  while others are waiting"  *

the lines in the ATMS where this was posted was reduced YET some kept looking the receipt.

so they did it again trying to find that "10"peso charge Wondering where was that charge.

* in small print the sticker stated it was not authorized by the bank.  

I imagine that some people do this to make sure they have enough money in there (hummmmm .... I seem to remember those days .... :mocking: )...... just think if they didn't how long it would take for them to try the transaction only to be denied and then go threw the the whole procedure again .... :hystery: :hystery:

• Like 1

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted

Will someone be paid to oversee the entry and collect addmissions? One more salary to pay and no customers spells disaster IMO. If the store has internet competition, then its time for them to set up an online presence too, not charge entry fees.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Will someone be paid to oversee the entry and collect addmissions? One more salary to pay and no customers spells disaster IMO. If the store has internet competition, then its time for them to set up an online presence too, not charge entry fees.

In the US there is an unending push by states to collect taxes on the purchases. Sooner or later this will be passed and tax will be added to the cost of online purchases. Some states already have laws on this.

As it is now, the store as a (price) + tax. Online has a (price) + shipping. Once tax is added, and that will range from 4 to 10% depending on the state of residence of the buyer, it will even up the playing field a bit.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

A practical approach, following the Australian model, is to charge a P5 or P10 entrance fee to Philippine malls. This will cut down the number of people who are there for the free airconditioner or window shopping. The large crowds can be an annoyance to persons who are true shoppers. The entrance fee is a voucher, which can be exchanged for goods and services by the mall stores. You can accumulate the vouchers, good for one year, for future purchases.

Similarly, a lot of toilets in the Philippines are very dirty. I don't mind paying P10 concessionaire's fee to use a clean one.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I am making this post to avoid the $5.00 lurking fee that JGF is thinking about imposing!  

hmm now your thinking. There is an application I can install to make a pay to read forum,,,,,,I will be right back.

:)

• Like 3

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I am making this post to avoid the $5.00 lurking fee that JGF is thinking about imposing!  

hmm now your thinking. There is an application I can install to make a pay to read forum,,,,,,I will be right back.

:)

I will tell you what you CAN do to add some income....... Cull the best anti scam advice here and add in some personal stories all using the forum data, package this into: PHILIPPINE SCAMMERS SURVIVAL GUIDE : A tour of internet dating and how to get the best results for YOU! 

Put all of the data into an 'area' of the fourn that needs a PIN to access. Then target ALL newcomers to the forum since your server should be able to identify all new 1st time arrivals to the site. Set a price of $1 donation via your existing PAYPAL buton / and include this information at no extra charge to those making a donation to join the forum.

In looking at 'members' I see those who joined in 2008 and never made a post..... I have no idea on how many come and visit 1 time only..... these guys can be targeted for the $1 purchase..... So if they never come back, you will not be off any worse. But if they make that $1 purchase.... you are $1 ahead of the game. Add the google searches picking up on your scammers guide and then that alone may draw traffic!  

If this idea is to your liking... expand it! It costs you nothing but your time and since you have a loyal following here... ask the general membership to recommend the 'best of the forum' posts to get your information from.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I will tell you what you CAN do to add some income....... Cull the best anti scam advice here and add in some personal stories all using the forum data, package this into: PHILIPPINE SCAMMERS SURVIVAL GUIDE : A tour of internet dating and how to get the best results for YOU!    Put all of the data into an 'area' of the fourn that needs a PIN to access. Then target ALL newcomers to the forum since your server should be able to identify all new 1st time arrivals to the site. Set a price of $1 donation via your existing PAYPAL buton / and include this information at no extra charge to those making a donation to join the forum.

It's a good idea Bruce except there are a lot of us who refuse to use PayPal and their IMHO draconian and illegal procedures.  Kind of strong but that is my feeling after seeing too many people lose money they were counting on to feed their kids or pay bills.  Now if we throw in a Visa / MaterCard option...  hehe!

I think that for a pay site, it would be better to let them see the start of the page for each topic but no scrolling possible unless a full member.  Full membership would be a P200 or something low while existing members are grandfathered.  And, of course, if somebody could not afford it but wanted to be a member of the forum, by writing in to the forum, they could obtain a no charge membership for one year - but we don't tell anybody that.  Tom can take these people who write in for the free membership to work - if they are in Australia, they could be his maid service or possibly even gardeners / pool boy/girls.  If they are in the Philippines, they could spend their days walking the streets and spreading the good word of our forum...  If you find any young ladies in Canada who are desperate for a membership, Tom, I would gladly have a talk with them for you...   :mocking:  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Well Bob.... As for PayPal... I agree... but that is the only pay option I see on the site so it is up to His Jollyness to make any decisions on that.

As for other options on a How To DO It manua for sale on the site... I want to point out the 'committiee' trap....... Which is used in the lesislative branches og governments to slow down and run out the time clock and or kill a Bill. (No not THAT Bill, she killed him already) 

The important thing here is TO DO SOMETHING... and not take 20 different opinions and a consensus and blah blah blah..... Everyday that SOMETHING is not available represents potiential lost income. So IF and IF is up to His Jollyness, is to be done, it should be done and then improved upon as needed......

Otherwise you will delay the product until all agree and blah blah blah and nothing gets done....

• Like 2