New Policy In Australian Store / Think Sm And Ayala To Follow?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well Bob.... As for PayPal... I agree... but that is the only pay option I see on the site so it is up to His Jollyness to make any decisions on that.

It's a good idea Bruce except there are a lot of us who refuse to use PayPal and their IMHO draconian and illegal procedures.  Kind of strong but that is my feeling after seeing too many people lose money they were counting on to feed their kids or pay bills.  Now if we throw in a Visa / MaterCard option...  hehe!

As we have got well off the subject of the topic I would like to point out that pay pal is just another card processor where you do not need an account and can use mastercard or visa for payments just like any other card processor.

I have used pay pal for various things for many years and have not had a problem ever.

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

As we have got well off the subject of the topic I would like to point out that pay pal is just another card processor where you do not need an account and can use mastercard or visa for payments just like any other card processor. I have used pay pal for various things for many years and have not had a problem ever.

Well.... how about a sign for us 'challenged' people and right over or next to the PayPal button.... You do NOT need a Paypal axccount to use this feature. major Credit Cards Accepted here too!

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Well.... how about a sign for us 'challenged' people and right over or next to the PayPal button.... You do NOT need a Paypal axccount to use this feature. major Credit Cards Accepted here too!

Did not think it was needed as its been that way with paypal since before the war.  :)

post-1-0-43587500-1364743520_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Bruce
Posted
Posted

Did not think it was needed as its been that way with paypal since before the war.  :)

attachicon.gifpaypal.jpg

It was BOB! He is from C A N A D A you know! :hystery:

• Like 1

i am bob
Posted
Posted

attachicon.gifpaypal.jpg

It was BOB! He is from C A N A D A you know! :hystery:

just waiting for the Easter bank holidays to end so I can apply for my Virtual Visa Debit card...  hehe!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Well Bob.... As for PayPal... I agree... but that is the only pay option I see on the site so it is up to His Jollyness to make any decisions on that.

As for other options on a How To DO It manua for sale on the site... I want to point out the 'committiee' trap....... Which is used in the lesislative branches og governments to slow down and run out the time clock and or kill a Bill. (No not THAT Bill, she killed him already) 

The important thing here is TO DO SOMETHING... and not take 20 different opinions and a consensus and blah blah blah..... Everyday that SOMETHING is not available represents potiential lost income. So IF and IF is up to His Jollyness, is to be done, it should be done and then improved upon as needed......

Otherwise you will delay the product until all agree and blah blah blah and nothing gets done....

Bruce -  I was doing something...  I was showing how we could get Tom some help around the house for free!  Ya gotta read my post again!

:mocking:

Bruce
Posted
Posted

As for other options on a How To DO It manua for sale on the site... I want to point out the 'committiee' trap....... Which is used in the lesislative branches og governments to slow down and run out the time clock and or kill a Bill. (No not THAT Bill, she killed him already) 

The important thing here is TO DO SOMETHING... and not take 20 different opinions and a consensus and blah blah blah..... Everyday that SOMETHING is not available represents potiential lost income. So IF and IF is up to His Jollyness, is to be done, it should be done and then improved upon as needed......

Otherwise you will delay the product until all agree and blah blah blah and nothing gets done....

Bruce -  I was doing something...  I was showing how we could get Tom some help around the house for free!  Ya gotta read my post again!

:mocking:

Not you Bob... but others who are willing to offer their 2 cents worth.... but no action. It is up to His Jollyness if he wants to experiment with taking he forum to the next level. Make THIS forum the go to forum as compared to the other blah blah blah forums.

Mike S
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid there is a lot more to it than just going to the next level by charging a fee to join ...... in the past years I have seen a lot of free boards that suddenly went pay disappear for a number of reasons ..... people begin to think that once they pay for something they have the right to do and act as they please on the board ...... not a good thing ..... in all the years of me being on boards in numerous capacities I only paid for 2 memberships ..... one was for $20 for a lifetime membership (I was and still am a member after almost 20 years) and the other paid one year for $15 but you had to pay each year ..... the board totally went berserk ...... not only did I not join again next time I left the board 2 months later after joining ..... 

I try to add as much content as I can to some boards to help out instead of funds ..... but if a board uses PayPal I ... as another poster said .... don't use PayPal for anything .... I know you were complaining about someone finding out all kinds of info about you in a post awhile back .... well I can tell you from experience with PayPal they are more than likely the ones ..... I used to have a fairly large account with Ebay and used PayPal exclusively for all my transactions either buying or selling and every time I turned around PayPal was freezing my account and asking me to supply more personal information fro their records before releasing my account ..... the last straw was when they wanted me to tie a bank account to my PayPal account so that they could withdraw funds from it just in case my 2 credit cards failed ..... that is just BS ...... I haven't used them in 8 years but they still to this day have ALL my info on record ..... and being released to god knows who ..... the cute part was the security questions ..... like you first car ..... you favorite school teacher etc ..... all these questions form a pattern profiling you .....

Anyway if Tom gets in a bind I'm sure some of us could help out by becoming a paying member just not through PayPal ..... :cheersty:

• Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid there is a lot more to it than just going to the next level by charging a fee to join ...... in the past years I have seen a lot of free boards that suddenly went pay disappear for a number of reasons ..... people begin to think that once they pay for something they have the right to do and act as they please on the board ...... not a good thing ..... in all the years of me being on boards in numerous capacities I only paid for 2 memberships ..... one was for $20 for a lifetime membership (I was and still am a member after almost 20 years) and the other paid one year for $15 but you had to pay each year ..... the board totally went berserk ...... not only did I not join again next time I left the board 2 months later after joining ..... 

I try to add as much content as I can to some boards to help out instead of funds ..... but if a board uses PayPal I ... as another poster said .... don't use PayPal for anything .... I know you were complaining about someone finding out all kinds of info about you in a post awhile back .... well I can tell you from experience with PayPal they are more than likely the ones ..... I used to have a fairly large account with Ebay and used PayPal exclusively for all my transactions either buying or selling and every time I turned around PayPal was freezing my account and asking me to supply more personal information fro their records before releasing my account ..... the last straw was when they wanted me to tie a bank account to my PayPal account so that they could withdraw funds from it just in case my 2 credit cards failed ..... that is just BS ...... I haven't used them in 8 years but they still to this day have ALL my info on record ..... and being released to god knows who ..... the cute part was the security questions ..... like you first car ..... you favorite school teacher etc ..... all these questions form a pattern profiling you .....

Anyway if Tom gets in a bind I'm sure some of us could help out by becoming a paying member just not through PayPal ..... :cheersty:

Not paying to join... but for Tom to publish an E book on site that is accessible for a fee. So rather than search thru past posts and look all over the place, Tome can have a Table of Contents and cover the different topis as to where how and why and so forth. I see other on line books / guides for the price of $10 and up.... But if he charges $1 or $1.95, I think many would be willing to buy. Not so much 'us' but all the lookers who find the site and look around but may not come back. I have no idea on traffic as compared to people who actually join. But I assume there are a lot more lookers than joiners. This E book gives Tom a chance to grab then beyond the effort made now to get them to join the forum.

But look at us... talking about Tom and his body is not even cold yet......    :cheers:

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Ah Ha ...... now I see ...... right church wrong pew (or is that phew .... :mocking: ) not uncommon for me ..... but I think Tom has a lot on his plate and to start publishing an e-book might tip it over ...... but it is a good idea for someone who is retired and has plenty of time on his hands ........ but for a working stiff  that could end up VERY time consuming ........ then you have to keep up with all the updates especially if it is about the Philippines with governmental changes almost monthly ..... and things like costs ... daily .... IMHO ....... :cheersty:

• Like 1