Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

damn... busted!

• Like 4

Fred & Mimi
Posted
Posted (edited)

I found my filipina partner Mimi on Tagged. I was on a couple of other pay sites but the free Tagged ended up being my choice. What I like about it is that you are not marked as a lonely heart as you are on the dating sites so your not as easy a target for scammers. So you can enjoy a look around and chat with girls without needing a paid subscription and if the chemistry is there... :chickendance:

Edited by Fred & Mimi
  • Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ok, I'm sure we're not where we originally intended this one to go but what the heck...  Maybe somebody new or just visiting the site might learn from us.

As I have mentioned before, I had gone onto the dating sites - several of them but I won't bother with the names as they have all been mentioned all ready.  At the same time, I wanted to have a "pen pal" to learn more about the Philippines from.  Well, the women from the dating sites all fell through the cracks faster than a gold coin and a sewage grate...  Some were scammers, some just were not what I was looking for in life, some just disappeared on me...   (Hey!  I use mouthwash and deodorant and this was strictly on-line so watch it Jake...  You too Mike S...  And you too, Bruce,,,  And Tuka ..  and...)  So to make a long story shorter, I was not impressed with the women I met on the so-called "Dating" sites.  BUT!  Remember my "pen pal"?  I originally considered her to young for me to be serious about.  And it wasn't after too many letters that I found I was more interested in talking with her than the women on the dating sites!  So, yes, my 'pen pal' is now my Special Someone that you will hear me mention on here.  And where did I find her?   On the Jade Rune site...  Many of the women there are on the very poor side and cannot afford to do the internet cafe thing every night but they do try to be there as often as possible.  And as for any scammers on the site?  Just send an email off to the administrator of the site and he will remove them!  Now I'm sure that some of the women are so poor that they may ask for help occasionally but you won't consistently get the fun requests like 'My gay brother stole my clothes and my money and now I have to live naked - send me P50 thousand for new clothes?"  (Yes, I actually did get that from one girl on Cebu Hearts...  hehe)

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah I can't go into Oton without girls flirting with me (small town outside Iloilo).  As a fat, middle aged man I kind of enjoy the attention.  But I think my girlfriend is getting tired of it ha ha   Not just the mall (we don't have one, really) just the grocery store or department store.

But surprisingly I find that I want to make this relationship work and don't gives the girls a third glance.   But they are there if you need one!

LOL good to see I wasn't the only one to pick up on the number of glances Tuka!

I liked CB the best, but I'm biased, it's where I met my lady.  After spending even more time with her in the last 10 days or so I couldn't imagine "sowing my oats".  Yep, "sexpats" do cross international borders, with some of the most annoying around Subic - but more on that in another post.

After talking to some the owner of the Blue Rock Resort last week I'd just like to echo some of the sentiment in this thread and say:  I would definitely tread very carefully around your Pinay's heart my friend. 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
simplymikee
Posted
Posted

I'll be moving to the philippines next week etc. Would like to know if you know any legit sites to pick up flipina girls etc. Even though I do have a girl I would like to know regardless.

I am posting this in part because this site allows members to post classifieds for free.

This information is gathered from about 10 years of perusing dating sites and registration or attempted registration at about 20 different sites.

I only register at free sites because no one has shown me any reason why pay sites will be better than free sites.

However free sites, 99% of them are not really free. Many are borderline scam sites that suck you in with offering free only for you to waste your time registering, in some cases, a good deal of time, and then find you must pay to contact members. If you cannot email members for free, the site is NOT free.

For those looking at free sites, fill in all bogus information to speed the process and get to email a member to find out if the site is actually free or another scam. You can just fill in garbage info under an id like testing2see or similar to see if the site is really free like they CLAIM it is. Or u can use an automatic form filler program for this, even faster. That way you waste minimal time filling in info for a site the lies to you and tells you it's free when it is not. Also they do not get any personal information on you, which can be misused.

I have not actually belonged to a pay site, so you can listen to others opinons on those, but I personally would not pay to

join an online dating site.

Here are some observations on the free sites:

DIA-Date in Asia-this used to be a good site but the owners got big britches and started requiring photos and they do other unprofessional things like delete you without warning or real cause (they THINK they have a cause) and they keep changing their policies. They won't answer emails so you have no communication with them. Also almost all of the members on this site are looking at foreigners for money/support, not for relationships. Because of this it only has a good reply rate WHILE you are not in the P.I. Once you get here the scammers realize they cannot get money from you long distance so their interest drops off. Good for making contacts for later

fun times (at your expense). YMMV, my opinion for what it's worth (or not)

Fildate.com Easy to register, does not require a photo, but response rate is low, probably because the women here are

real filipinas trying to date men in their own age range often and alot more like western women in that and other respects.

Filfriendfinders.com Another free site pretty much like Fildate but even more restrictive in getting responses, have several levels of membership so not entirely free in my view. Does not require photo

Realize this if anything: the women you meet online from foreign country will treat you differently than when  you're in the Philippines. Most guys here find it easy to meet women in real life here, at malls, other places. That way it is harder to be scammed since there are not phoney photos, stories (that cannot be verified) and it's just more real. It's too easy to form the wrong ideas about a woman online that you have not met in person. Dating sites, imo, should be used only to establish a few contacts and rendezvous that might be useful when u first get here, not to find a mate.

Just my 2 cents as they say.

• Like 2

Julia
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yeah I can't go into Oton without girls flirting with me (small town outside Iloilo).  As a fat, middle aged man I kind of enjoy the attention.  But I think my girlfriend is getting tired of it ha ha   Not just the mall (we don't have one, really) just the grocery store or department store.

But surprisingly I find that I want to make this relationship work and don't gives the girls a third glance.   But they are there if you need one!

OK TR, tell us about your first and second glance.....he, he.

:mocking: :mocking: :mocking:

Edited by ako si julia
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

I was a member of countless sites over the last 3 years. The two sites which I thought I had the most legit responses were from DIA and AsianDating.com. Mind you the majority of these ladies are not looking for one night stands, but rather something more substantial.

• 3 months later...
JWilliams
Posted
Posted
Greetings All. I just had an experience with FOREIGNLADIES.com. DO NOT USE this site. They charge, as of this post, $7.50 to read or send an 2000 character email. It also takes 2-3 days to get a reply, even if your potential date speaks English. So you can imagine, if you find someone you like, you can rack up charges pretty quickly. I am ashamed to say I spent about $107.00 USD in one week on emails. Furthermore, their so called, translators are also affiliates. This means they make money on your purchases.

From the very beginning, I had a suspicion that the lady I was corresponding was avoiding answering my direct questions. She would reply with comments on Asian culture, weather, site seeing etc. so I complained. The Manager of the site had no clue what customer service is and will kindly blow you off. His attitude was defensive, and he had the nerve to ask me if I knew how expensive this process was going to be. My intelligence was insulted as if spending the money they were charging or more was completly normal.

Later I tried to get a lady to leave a comment on the website (This would have given me access to her email, therefore, cutting out the need for the site). She ignored my request several times. I finally told her I was sending her one last email because the site was too expensive and it would be the last she would receive from me. If she wanted to contact me I will look for her comment there. Suddenly, within a day, I received an immediate reply (imagine that)! She tells me she left a reply on my website. What she didn’t know, was that I am also the administrator of the site. I receive a notification email of all comments posted on the site. She DID NOT POST A COMMENT. She lied to get me to spend another $15 to read and reply to her phony email. It is these kinds of sites and behaviors that makes it bad for the good sites.

In conclusion, I did find someone on CherryBlossom.com. I also like FilipinaCupid.com. In the chat feature on FC,  you can give your email address. However, if you use their email system, they will inhibit your email address to keep from being in violation of IMBRA. To work around that, you can do something like: “kindly send me a message at joesmith at gee mail.” I hope this helps at least one person. Please spread the word.

Best Regards, 

John
  • Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted

Hey John,

Nice field report about your lessons learned about dating websites.  Actually, I found it quite interesting

because my generation only had the used and sticky catalog from Cherry Blossum.....he, he.  Thank

you for sharing your mistakes with us -- I believe we can all learn from your lesson.

You've been busy with the keyboard and video cam?  You've been gone a couple months.....he, he.

Anyway, grab a cup of coffee or a San Magoo and stay for awhile.  Allow your sorrows to fall on uncle

Mike S's shoulders and he will treat you right.  Just don't bend over to pick up that soap, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

Medic Mike
Posted
Posted

Hey John,

Nice field report about your lessons learned about dating websites.  Actually, I found it quite interesting

because my generation only had the used and sticky catalog from Cherry Blossum.....he, he.  Thank

you for sharing your mistakes with us -- I believe we can all learn from your lesson.

You've been busy with the keyboard and video cam?  You've been gone a couple months.....he, he.

Anyway, grab a cup of coffee or a San Magoo and stay for awhile.  Allow your sorrows to fall on uncle

Mike S's shoulders and he will treat you right.  Just don't bend over to pick up that soap, OK?

Respectfully -- Jake

I wish Jake would start a dating site, now that is a site I would join! :hystery: