The Truth Will Out

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

The truth will out? Well on this trip she revealed to me that she owns 2 apartments and 2 vans (upscale taxi service) in Butuan. I can’t blame her for being a little reluctant to reveal all on my first trip given that her first husband tried to rob her blind. She also told me her true age; a LOT younger than advertised. She was worried that because she was outside my advertised limits I’d call it off.

WHAT!!!!!!!!! She LIED to you??? DOWNSIZING LIES?????? Where have I heard about that before???? Oh , yeah... HERE. Well I hope Mike B doesn't see your post........ :hystery:

Nice looking woman... but who is the bald guy who keeps getting into the pictures? It really is distracting! :cheersty:

Were are the goats? And are they cute? :nudie:  

I'm what I call a realistic optimist Bruce but I have to admit the alarm bells did begin to ring.  After spending the week with her and her family though, any concerns were alleviated, it's a personal experience thing and context of the situation I guess and the glass is definitely way more than half-full.  Given her previous experience with her ex, I can't really say I blame her for being cautious. 

That bald bloke kept showing up everywhere!  Damned annoying!!

As for the goats?  I have a yet to sight them but I'll ask Arlyn to take some pics to post on here of my latest pets, my curiosity is piqued as well.

And thanks Lyno!

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

Bruce
Posted
Posted
I'm what I call a realistic optimist Bruce but I have to admit the alarm bells did begin to ring. After spending the week with her and her family though, any concerns were alleviated, it's a personal experience thing and context of the situation I guess and the glass is definitely way more than half-full. Given her previous experience with her ex, I can't really say I blame her for being cautious.

Exactly. My point on the original post on lying (at first) has again been proven out. In this case it was a she rather than a he, but her logic was the same and she did what she thought was prudent to protect her assets until 'you' had been vetted.... :tiphat: Sound thinking.

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Thanks Master Chief!  I often tell my kids "walk softly but carry a big stick" :).  It's not really that hard to treat people how you'd like to be treated and it takes less energy to be friendly and polite than rude and angry :)

PS Anyone want to buy a couple of goats?

Bah, bah.....sorry, but I want the ones that are still untouched.  Apparently, they have already been de-virginized!

One of these days shipmate, we are gonna sing the night away, although I can only fart a couple notes.  We will

be stumbling drunk on our ass and swapping a million sea stories.  

As long as you respect me in the morning, we'll be good to go.....he, he.  

Respectfully -- Jake  

Always mate.. I'm a gentleman :1247:

• Like 2

Adventurer
Posted
Posted

interesting read and sounds like you have a positive outlook which helps a lot there and yes you are right about been friendly and polite will get you a long way there, maybe the most important thing any visitor should understand, could even save their life....

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

Exactly!  It was once explained to me on how to act when visiting a country outside my own...

It's kind of like being 4 or 5 years old and visiting your antique Great Aunt Lucy who, if you do anything wrong, is going to punish you in front of the others... And you know that if your parents find out,  you are going to be punished again - probably with the paddle on your tender behind...  You don't want anything bad to happen so you are polite and behave yourself...   And always you say "Please" and "Thank You"!  If more people looked at it this way, imagine how welcome tourists would?  

Now I don't have an actual Great Aunt Lucy but I have another aunt who would fill the bill quite nicely...   She would always kick the kids out of the house at 3pm so she could have her afternoon "medicinal' brandy...

:thumbsup:

Edited by I am bob
spelling
  • Like 4

Paul_QLD
Posted
Posted

Great post indeed, almost a fairy tale!

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
You don't want anything bad to happen so you are polite and behave yourself...   And always you say "Please" and "Thank You"!

Might just be me but rarely heard the Filipino say anything such in any language.   :89:

• Like 5

Bil Brock
Posted
Posted

Good story, thanks for sharing. My now wife mis stated her age too, when things got serious, I found out she was 4 or 5 years younger than she had lead me to believe.

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I have to admit...  I had some confusion about my Special Someone's age as well...  The birth year I had made her a year younger than she really is! 

Funny!  Her birthday is later this week.  Good time for this subject to come up...  !

:mocking:

• Like 2